Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I won't even entertain meet ups that are far away... even for extra money because it could just end up being a waste of time and gas. I'd rather play it safe and do nearby places or no deal.

the pains of kijiji.... I had a similar experience this weekend too trying to swap out a pair of Trainers. Worked out times with this guy to do a meetup and that fell through and we eventually agreed to a time and place later on. Messaged the dude 30mins before the meetup to confirm that we were meeting up and got radio silence until about 3 hours after the agreed upon time. dude finally gets back to me and says sorry i didn't have time today which would've been ok if he had responded in advance. needless to say i'm not wasting my time w this guy again.

Any tips on how to get a US phone number to get verified on SNKRS? I downloaded FreeTone on iOS and got a number but I can’t receive the verification code. TIA.

Any tips on how to get a US phone number to get verified on SNKRS? I downloaded FreeTone on iOS and got a number but I can’t receive the verification code. TIA.

You're going to need someone's real cell phone number in order to receive that text. Got my buddy in Cali to do it. However, there's no point though. Even though I have somewhere to ship it to, I still can't buy anything since you have to enter a US credit card for payment. I can purchase on Nike.com with no problem since they let you use Canadian credit cards, but not on the SNKRS app. If anyone knows a way around this, that would be appreciated.

@loyaltyroyalty Damn that sucks I would be super pissed. I had a similar experience with an individual who was not good at communicating and was giving me the run around over 2 days on how and where to meet. I basically told him that the only place I would meet at a police station or no deal. He agreed and I told him I would be there at 4:30 as I was heading to the gym up the street anyways so no loss if he skipped on me. Thankfully he showed up but the kicker was he wanted to try them on first which I said sure pay me first and you can do what ever the **** you want with them. He felt stupid and took them and paid me. This **** then proceeded to try the shoes on bare foot as I was driving away. Smh weirdos

One thing I will add is I'll only meet in the lobby at work or a police station period. Its safe for me and won't do the deal anywhere else even if it means I lose a sale.

Last edited:
^ unless you do it on release day, swaps will be very difficult to come by. Will be easier if you sold your pair and buy the sz 11

FYI, for anyone who took a L on release day for the Flyknit Trainers, prices are dropping like crazy. i think the lowest i saw on kijiji was $250 OBO. I know they're supposed to re release later this month but for those who don't want to wait or go through the hassle of securing a pair this is a pretty good option

You're going to need someone's real cell phone number in order to receive that text. Got my buddy in Cali to do it. However, there's no point though. Even though I have somewhere to ship it to, I still can't buy anything since you have to enter a US credit card for payment. I can purchase on Nike.com with no problem since they let you use Canadian credit cards, but not on the SNKRS app. If anyone knows a way around this, that would be appreciated.

i can still use my Canadian CC within SNKRS to make purchases,

Re: AM1 the 6 vs Yeezy

I think the AM1s would break more necks than the cream yeezys, especially for those who are legit sneakerheads. The AM1s are/were super limited while the cream yeezys were the highest produced yeezys to date. Call me stupid, but I think the AM1s are more "iconic" than yeezys, especially the cream yeezys. If the rumors are true about the highlighter yellow and purple/solar red yeezys...then yeah, cue the toilet flush... haha The sad thing now is that everyone who sees another person rocking yeezys automatically thinks they are fake at first. I just picked up a pair of AM1 the 6s from a fellow NTer/Sneaker Facebook group member and I couldn't be more happy with the purchase. To the average person, they are another pair of "nikes" but THOSE WHO KNOW, WILL KNOW. It's all about the subtle flex :smile:

Re: Kijiji Horror Show

BUYERS SHOULD ALWAYS MEET THE SELLER AT THE SELLER'S LOCATION OF CHOICE - it's been mentioned here countless of times and I couldn't agree more. But like others have previously mentioned... you can usually tell from the first few interactions via Kijiji chat/text messages if a buyer is legit or not.

Re: OVO Store

I didn't know Drake was still relevant? haha I know he's big with people under 25... but I swear most of us are 25+ and wearing anything OVO related at this age would put you out of place? No? But to each their own I guess. I'm such a hypocrite because I would wear SUPREME if I could afford it hahaha

Hmm I don’t know if it’s a subtle flex or a loud scream of submission to hype. I would consider myself to be in the know, and I am aware of how rare they are, but it does come off as a normal black and white Air Max 1 that you can get for $130 on a good day with a Canadian flag on the tongue. As for the Yeezys, although I would never pay resale for them, I do understand that it is an iconic shoe and unlike anything else.

With that being said, maybe I’m just getting older with the sneaker culture. I could care less what is more rare. Give me the better overall shoe.

If it is to impress the 16-35 year old usually male demographic into sneakers, then yeah, your argument makes sense.

And I won’t call you stupid as you requested, but there is no way the AM1s are more iconic than the Yeezys, even if people in their 80s are wearing them. Replace “iconic” with “rare”. Rare does not equal iconic.

I agree with everything you said on Kijiji meet ups. If the buyer is willing to come to the seller’s choice of location, it shows commitment. If it is halfas*ed, then it should be a flag.

Hmm I don’t know if it’s a subtle flex or a loud scream of submission to hype. I would consider myself to be in the know, and I am aware of how rare they are, but it does come off as a normal black and white Air Max 1 that you can get for $130 on a good day with a Canadian flag on the tongue. As for the Yeezys, although I would never pay resale for them, I do understand that it is an iconic shoe and unlike anything else.

With that being said, maybe I’m just getting older with the sneaker culture. I could care less what is more rare. Give me the better overall shoe.

If it is to impress the 16-35 year old usually male demographic into sneakers, then yeah, your argument makes sense.

And I won’t call you stupid as you requested, but there is no way the AM1s are more iconic than the Yeezys, even if people in their 80s are wearing them. Replace “iconic” with “rare”. Rare does not equal iconic.

I agree with everything you said on Kijiji meet ups. If the buyer is willing to come to the seller’s choice of location, it shows commitment. If it is halfas*ed, then it should be a flag.

Hmmm I understand where you're coming from; valid points! That's why I love the organic roots of the sneaker culture as everyone's tastes and preferences are different, however they are valued and embraced by the community.

One thing that bugs me is how some individuals are comparing the AM1 "the 6" to the ultra moires or a regular black and white AM1.... THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. It honestly takes a genuine collector/enthusiast to appreciate the minor details and symbolism behind a certain item (not just shoes). I would highly encourage those to at least google AM1 "the 6" and you'll definitely realize it's not just an ordinary shoe haha but again, to each their own, nobody is forcing anyone to like the shoe. Everyone's opinion is valued and respected here, especially when it comes to how each spends their hard earned $$$ :smile:

Also, I'd like to clarify that when I mentioned that the AM1 are more iconic than Yeezys, I meant the AM1 shoe itself and the history behind it. When I think about the AM1, Tinker Hatfield comes to mind as it was his first Air Max design and to me, Tinker Hatfield is far more iconic than Kanye in the sneaker community (but that's because I'm an OG....as some young cats may like to disagree with me here haha...)

You took that post well my friend. Kudos to you. After I read it, I was thinking whether I should edit it because it did come off as blunt on text. First off, you’re right. They are not a pair of $130 ultra moires or essentials. They are much more like the Air Max 1 Premiums or even better.

Regardless though it is a sneaker that usually goes for $150 or less, and its hype made it resell for $500 or more because of the limited quantity. I just learned that a few days ago on this forum. I did not get it, but now I am starting to recognize that many view it as a grail. I just don’t get the mentality of wanting to pay for a similar shoe 3x the cost because most others do not own a pair, etc. That is the way it came off in a post where sneaker knowledge was being discussed.

With that being said, it is definitely one of the more sought out Nikes, and collecting prized sneakers that no one else has is something that many participate in, even though I do not think it’s the right approach to have. Then again, most various art and collection is like that, so maybe I should fall back with my old jaded approach.

I’m a late 80s baby myself and although I personally love the Air Max 1, I thought you specifically meant that one edition of the AM1 being more iconic. With that being said, I stilllll kinda lean the Adidas Yeezy line for its cultural impact (good and bad). The entire Air Max collection though wins in that regard. Of course, like you said, it is subjective. I did do a google search, and it is more than just a Canadian flag on the tongue, it is a sweet looking silhouette. Congrats.

Cheers.

Pretty random question but we're all shoeheads/sneakerheads here and I'm sure we all have a ton of shoe boxes. Do you guys keep all your shoe boxes for collection purposes or do you throw them out and just keep the shoes?

I kind of feel like the boxes are almost as important in collecting as the shoes are (especially if you may plan to re sell down the line). Some of my boxes are so beat up though and I don't even know how they got so bad. The edges fraying and the box dented in or the lids almost ripping off. I have pretty bad OCD so I've kept basically all the original boxes I've bought but it kind of bothers me that some are so beat up (ya it's the boxes I'm talking about lol).

I've looked online on certain people's collections and some have creative ways to store their sneakers/shoes without using the boxes, while some buy those clear boxes and use those. It interests me because I wonder how many of us out there have a spare room filled almost ground to roof with sneaker boxes and your parents or girlfriend/wife get pissed the eff off lol.

Pretty random question but we're all shoeheads/sneakerheads here and I'm sure we all have a ton of shoe boxes. Do you guys keep all your shoe boxes for collection purposes or do you throw them out and just keep the shoes?

I kind of feel like the boxes are almost as important in collecting as the shoes are (especially if you may plan to re sell down the line). Some of my boxes are so beat up though and I don't even know how they got so bad. The edges fraying and the box dented in or the lids almost ripping off. I have pretty bad OCD so I've kept basically all the original boxes I've bought but it kind of bothers me that some are so beat up (ya it's the boxes I'm talking about lol).

I've looked online on certain people's collections and some have creative ways to store their sneakers/shoes without using the boxes, while some buy those clear boxes and use those. It interests me because I wonder how many of us out there have a spare room filled almost ground to roof with sneaker boxes and your parents or girlfriend/wife get pissed the eff off lol.

I'm like you and like everything organized. i used to keep all the boxes back in the day when i had more space but as I got older and space became more and more of a commodity (due to kids) I find there isn't much need for the boxes personally unless you're looking to resell later down the road or if you have a lot space. most of my kicks are in the garage now either on an ikea bookshelf or their respective boxes. I do have a few of the older boxes i keep (dissembled) but if i need more space i have no issue getting rid of the boxes i have right now.

Only kicks i keep in clear containers are my flyknits, since they provide better support for stacking and since the shoe is so light its doesn't hurt to lift a bunch at a time if the pair i'm looking for is on the bottom of the stack. But these clear containers are the ones from Dollarama and not the drop lid ones that cost an arm and a leg.

Dont really care about the boxes tbh, especially if its a regular nike/adidas box. I end up dashing alot of the boxes to make space.

FYI, for anyone who took a L on release day for the Flyknit Trainers, prices are dropping like crazy. i think the lowest i saw on kijiji was $250 OBO. I know they're supposed to re release later this month but for those who don't want to wait or go through the hassle of securing a pair this is a pretty good option

Funnily enough I didn't take the L (initially) and was able to checkout but for the second ****ing time Canada posts incompetence has screwed me yet again. They insist that my package was delivered on the 1st due to them having a delivery scan but I didn't receive anything and have security camera footage proving so.

The first time this happened it turned out someone at CP signed for my package (greedy presto) and for whatever reason sent it back to them. With that incident Nike ended up prematurely refunding me before the investigation was even complete so when they found out that the package was sent back to them it was too late because I had received a refund, once something's been refunded and goes back into their returns system there's no way to repurchase it again unless it shows up on the product page and randomly restocks.

I'm just unbelievably frustrated right now because I can't believe this is happening for a second time.

Of course CP is no help and not willing to give me any info on what happened or where the package may be. Nike initiated their own investigation with CP so I'll have to keep contacting them for info as they're not willing to share anything with me but it's doubtful I'll get anything at this point.

They gave me a refund this morning and a free express shipping code and the Manager at Nike was like "hey, if they do show up you get to keep the shoes for free at least" -___- really...

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have ever dealt with something like this before? And, if so what the resolution was?

I haven't but I presume this is through Nike.ca ... and I can vouch for their customer service. At least you got your full refund.

IMG_0495.JPG

At Vaughan Mills Adidas Outlet. I already left. Not sure if any additional discounts. Only pair.

Not sure if anybody is interested but got a pair of the Orca 2.0 (w volt) Racers ..... letting them go for $130 (what I paid for them) They are DS and size 10. Msg me if interested.

hey man, you should post this in buy/sell section or put it in your sig. These sorts of posts generally aren't allowed outside of those two areas

Back
Top Bottom