Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

What are your guy's thoughts on luxury luggage? That is if you have any lol. I'm just wondering because I'm able to buy a pretty big Rimowa "Topas" check in luggage that usually costs like $1600 Canadian plus tax for $1000 plus tax. I'm not a baller but I've seen these kind of luggages and just really like the design of them although I'd never pay full price for one. They are made of full aluminum/magnesium and have an electronic baggage tag device. I'm thinking of booking a trip to Europe so I'm in the market for a quality case. General opinions are cool and maybe I'm just looking for a little convincing because $1000 is still astronomical for a check in luggage.

I also consider the fact that bags are never treated well by baggage workers at the airport. It's inevitable that they will be tossed around and a full metal case like this will obviously get dinged up and scraped up pretty bad. You can also buy quality luggage bags for a couple hundred, so in this case, it's obvious that you are paying for both the name and the assumption that the bag will last many years since it's made with quality.

h591f5d277e51d.jpg h591f5d2778bff.jpg h591f5d2779c15.jpg

A stack for luggage?

No way Bruv

I feel you bro but everything is relative. A lot of us in here would pay crazy amounts for rare sneakers and that's seen as stupid investments to a lot of other people. If you have a job where you travel a lot, or just travel a lot in general, I wouldn't really see spending a 1000 on a high quality piece of luggage that's supposed to last a long time to be a completely terrible buy.

I feel you bro but everything is relative. A lot of us in here would pay crazy amounts for rare sneakers and that's seen as stupid investments to a lot of other people. If you have a job where you travel a lot, or just travel a lot in general, I wouldn't really see spending a 1000 on a high quality piece of luggage that's supposed to last a long time to be a completely terrible buy.

I have one - I got it as a gift from the wife
I travel a lot for work and leisure and I don't think its worth it

What it comes down to is that the airlines workers don't care about the luggage and a bad toss will break/damage it
I am OCD with the stuff I buy so it bothers me every time I look at my slightly damaged luggage.
Get a set of Heys from costco.. 5 year warranty and its only $200. It looks great and if it breaks within the warranty period, Costco or Heys will take care of you.

I have one - I got it as a gift from the wife
I travel a lot for work and leisure and I don't think its worth it

What it comes down to is that the airlines workers don't care about the luggage and a bad toss will break/damage it
I am OCD with the stuff I buy so it bothers me every time I look at my slightly damaged luggage.
Get a set of Heys from costco.. 5 year warranty and its only $200. It looks great and if it breaks within the warranty period, Costco or Heys will take care of you.

Thanks for taking the time to respond blah27 blah27 . Appreciate it bro. I actually am exactly the same as you and have pretty moderate OCD, so I could fully agree that the more dings and major dents it would take would really irk me. No baggage handler will care that you paid over a G for the luggage and I've seen first hand the way they toss around the bags off the conveyor belts.

I actually bought a Tumi carry on bag back in February because Amazon.ca had a crazy blowout sale and the $600 carry on, I bought for $150. I currently do own a Heys bag for my main check in luggage but it's made of a fabric material and is ripped and has some stains and abrasions so it's soon time to update to a new one. I think I will just go the route of buying another hard case Heys at either Costco or Marshalls or something.

Jeeeez, getting these Off-White Nikes is harder than I thought.
Checked all the back-door options and NOTHING.

Guess I gotta get my influence up.

But you got a pair though (and well deserved). You know your collective are one of the ill creative groups, if not the best in our culture that companies should be dying to work with and hold down with product. Definitely one of the "new" faces I was referring to when it came to my now "infamous" rants about these sneaker companies, Toronto culture and the whole influence/clout scene here. :lol:

What are your guy's thoughts on luxury luggage? That is if you have any lol. I'm just wondering because I'm able to buy a pretty big Rimowa "Topas" check in luggage that usually costs like $1600 Canadian plus tax for $1000 plus tax. I'm not a baller but I've seen these kind of luggages and just really like the design of them although I'd never pay full price for one. They are made of full aluminum/magnesium and have an electronic baggage tag device. I'm thinking of booking a trip to Europe so I'm in the market for a quality case. General opinions are cool and maybe I'm just looking for a little convincing because $1000 is still astronomical for a check in luggage.

I also consider the fact that bags are never treated well by baggage workers at the airport. It's inevitable that they will be tossed around and a full metal case like this will obviously get dinged up and scraped up pretty bad. You can also buy quality luggage bags for a couple hundred, so in this case, it's obvious that you are paying for both the name and the assumption that the bag will last many years since it's made with quality.

Yeah lately these hard cover luggage cases have caught my eyes, but that price tag is way too nuts. I don't do enough travelling to justify that. I'd buy in a heartbeat at 60-75% off :lol:. It's more convenience and easy mobility when it comes to those cases.

Good luck to all those who entered off white's ig raffle. Hope someone hits and not all are backdoored

^^^ $1k for a checked Topas seems like a very good deal, however, if you plan on traveling to Europe, why dont you buy it there and bring it back? You can check the prices ahead of time and you will end up getting your taxes back anyways so you can see if it works out cheaper here or there. Are you possible to buy a carry on instead or is it only for the checked bag size? Personally, I would buy the carry on as I have a smaller chance of scratching it up then if it was checked. However, some people do like the way how its all scratched up, as theres a story behind it i suppose? The quality of them is awesome but you might also want to consider that it does weight a bit though because of the material. Thus, checking it in may take a toll on your overall weight limit when checking in the bag should you have a lot of stuff to carry.

Footlocker just updated their launch locator for the Jordan 11's next saturday. Looks like a wide release with most if not all stores FCFS

Jst hitup nike vmills. 30% off clearance apparel 20% clearance sneakers with the additional 30 off f and f. couple tech fleece pants in navy and grey. Mostly sz L. Adidas outlet had 40 off clearance and a few other apparels aswell.

Last edited:
Footlocker just updated their launch locator for the Jordan 11's next saturday. Looks like a wide release with most if not all stores FCFS
I went up to Newmarket last year for the holiday 11s and it was a waste of time trying to get the Space Jams by lining up, pretty sure they had a few pairs backdoored and maybe 1 pair for each size max. Just going to try online at Nike.

h591f5d277e51d.jpg h591f5d2778bff.jpg h591f5d2779c15.jpg

Not worth it, there is a long thread on FlyerTalk WRT purchasing Rimowa at the Frankfurt airport, comes in way cheaper and you can use it on your trip (obviously fly there with a suitcase or a duffle that can be stuffed in your new Rimowa.

Personally I have a few Samsonite Inovas' 28, no frills super light polycarbonate hard cases with enough give that it doesn't crack or explode, been pretty bulletproof and I got a deal on 3 of them at $200 each. With Rimowa (especially their aluminum hard sides) you have to embrace the 'patina' otherwise it's a lost cause (or get the Salsas).

Carry-on wise I love my Briggs & Riley, or my BAD duffle (depending on business/travel etc) and I have either a Gregory dyneema briefcase, or Arc'teryx Veilance Nomin accompanying me as my personal item. Yes I am a bag *****.

Back
Top Bottom