Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

chu416 chu416 Dude better have been on his death bed if he no showed :smh: Did he know you needed that cut for your wedding?

Yea man, I told him I decided to go to a barber cause of my upcoming wedding. i was sooo pissed cause Garrison at the time was charging a bit more than the other barbershops and when i asked the ppl around where he was they said he just didn't show up and wasn't picking up his phone. It wasn't until I started going to my current barber that he told me the guy just decided to bounce to Vancouver smh

Sorry to hear that chu416 chu416 . That was really unprofessional of that barber, especially when it was right before your big day.

Communication is key in anything and definitely true with the relationship with your barber too. I like how a lot of you guys at least acknowledge that you should give a barber a solid 3-4 haircuts on you before you determine if his/her skills are up to par. As a barber, I've had times where maybe it just wasn't a great day for you and you maybe didn't give that person the full potential of your skills (and I'm not saying that as an excuse, I'm just saying that it could happen). I would have appreciated the ability to be given feedback and build a better rapport with the client in order to know exactly what it is they want. That's difficult to establish when its the first time you're handling their hair.

Sorry to hear that chu416 chu416 . That was really unprofessional of that barber, especially when it was right before your big day.

Communication is key in anything and definitely true with the relationship with your barber too. I like how a lot of you guys at least acknowledge that you should give a barber a solid 3-4 haircuts on you before you determine if his/her skills are up to par. As a barber, I've had times where maybe it just wasn't a great day for you and you maybe didn't give that person the full potential of your skills (and I'm not saying that as an excuse, I'm just saying that it could happen). I would have appreciated the ability to be given feedback and build a better rapport with the client in order to know exactly what it is they want. That's difficult to establish when its the first time you're handling their hair.

For sure, everyone has their off days so it would be unfair to determine their skills off one cut unless they were super bad then it's a one and done.

^ $70 for a cut/fade though? man that is quite pricey.

I get my hair cut pretty often too like every 2-3 weeks.

I get my cut every 3 weeks but i don't think i could ever go back to Scarborough $7 cuts after having been with my barber now for 5 years.

I stumbled across Miami Fades 2 years ago. Great atmosphere, professional service, reserve online, rarely a bad experience, various locations, would recommend.
http://www.miamifades.com

^ $70 for a cut/fade though? man that is quite pricey.

I get my hair cut pretty often too like every 2-3 weeks.

Don't know where it says $70? but I browsed the website and saw it said like a fade and beard is $41. That's another thing that irks me as a barber. A beard is a part of the haircut if a person has a beard. Why are all these people trying to rip people off by charging like an extra $10 just for a beard to be shaped up. Like I said, I do my haircuts for $20 and that includes beards as well. I wouldn't say to someone that the cut is $30 because they have a beard.

It seems like the "standard" price is around 35-40$ and this is just an average I feel. The high end can be very high depending on how pretentious the barbershop is and how "skilled" the barbers feel they are. I understand valuing your own skills and selling yourself as a premium product/service but no matter how fresh your haircut is...within like 3-4 days, you'll be looking somewhat shabby again. The thing with that Miami Fades shop is I follow the guy who owns and operates them on IG and he's super focused on claims that he's the best barber in the world and his team provides the best fades/ cuts in the city. Obviously his marketing is effective as people are being attracted to the shop and what they offer. Not going to hate on the guy for his methods being effective.

I once cut a guy though that said he was the guy who was at the spearhead of their marketing and he had to explain to the Miami Fades owner guy that he can't have a brand and charge different prices depending on location. They have a number of locations (some being in Yorkville while others are in Scarborough, Ajax and Vaughn and a couple other places). He was basically charging that 50-70$ range for the Yorkville shop and marketing it as like premium, while he was charging around $30-40 for the Scarborough location. In terms of your clients and business, this is going to put a lot of people off because it wasn't like the service was truly elevated at the Yorkville location, but maybe it was because the rent was so high in that area that he needed to charge more...

anybody know if were getting the jordan 1 gold toes? Its suppose to release the same day as the black cement 3s

IMG_6514.jpg
This is the basement set up I'm working with if anyone may be interested in a cut.

Do you post your cuts on IG?

Ya but like I was saying, a lot of the cut pictures are older because I was cutting full time out my basement before and now got my degree so was working an office job. I still was cutting on the side the entire time but just stopped posting pics on IG as much. PM for IG tag.

growing up in the west end of the city I used to hit up New Styles by Jane & Finch for a while till my boy started cutting at Royal Fades out in Markham right by Markville Mall. Bit further out and they upped the price to $35 but welcoming atmosphere and my boy is mad talented lmao. New Styles still an absolutely solid spot though

There are so many of us in the highland creek/port union area!

Lamana's bakery is making a presence out here in NT!

I still haven't tried their pizza yet. I've gotten veal sandwiches and even got cakes for parties there but for whatever reason, haven't got a slice of pizza yet and so many people rave that the pizza is good.

I still haven't tried their pizza yet. I've gotten veal sandwiches and even got cakes for parties there but for whatever reason, haven't got a slice of pizza yet and so many people rave that the pizza is good.
I'm more of a lasagne kind of guy, to be honest haven't gotten really anything else from them.

I stumbled across Miami Fades 2 years ago. Great atmosphere, professional service, reserve online, rarely a bad experience, various locations, would recommend.
http://www.miamifades.com
Really? I stopped going to miami fades becasue the cuban barber that worked there kept on cutting me every time I got a line up with the blade. Stopped going there ever since.

I went to Mad One for a few months afterwards. Decent cuts for $20 but my cuts were always inconsistent and the wait times were really bad. Ever since I started going to Throne, I haven't switched shops. They did hike up their price from $30 to $40, but I got barber loyalty now so it is what it is.

I think they will be like the Silver bullets. Restock them a million times over the year with increasing stock numbers.

IMO it’s also artificial hype cuz last I recall nobody really cared for the 98 like the 97/95/90/1 but here Nike is pushing them hard I also recall the 180 and 93 being loved so I sorta understand the hype for those pairs.

Nike always does this as Air Max Day/Month approaches. They'll hype models up and on release day drop limited quantities, to only restock a handful of times later in the year. Happened last year with the 97s, the AM1s the year before (or was it last year?) and the AM90s a few years before that. I'd say be patient, they'll pop back up throughout the year.

Lids.ca has the new Nike DeRozan ASG jersey and it’s on sale for $97.50 didn’t check other players.

Need 2 more ASG jerseys to be up to date haha
What are the sizes like compared to Adidas? I'm a large in the Adidas Swingmans but I havent bought a Nike one before.

Anyone have an NDCa code they wont be using? Would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Nvm

Last edited:
What are the sizes like compared to Adidas? I'm a large in the Adidas Swingmans but I havent bought a Nike one before.
What ahat ahat said, the swingmans are super snug on the new Nike jerseys. The medium in Nike fits like a small in Adidas' swingmans

I’m a medium in adidas so I went with a large in Nike.

I wish the Kia logo wasn’t there and instead of the watermelon logo we still had the claw but we can’t win em all I guess.

Back
Top Bottom