Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

That's a totally unrelated argument though. I was simply saying that people always want to feel like their getting the best deal. It has nothing to do with undercutting retail price or "going into a retail store and asking them for a huge discount just because they pay stock price". The fact is that it's not "being shady" to not reveal the true price you paid. In terms of business...maximizing your profits is all that matters. What showing people the receipt is doing is giving them the impression that they're being duped still, regardless of what you say or try to defend it. No matter what bro...the majority of people would low ball you or ask to give them a lower price if you outwright show you paid half of what you're asking.
So ok...in this case, she doesn’t drive...she can’t get out to halton...maybe rent a car, pay for gas and waste the time to get out there..she gets there and pays what they have it for sale at ($150 plus tax) ...at this point does it really matter what I paid for it since she’s getting it delivered for under what the outlet was originally asking?

I wanna be on your side, but you kinda took an L on your stance. The receipt thing is really only for sneakers and hyped clothing imo. For the average person, they could care less about the receipts since they really look at how the clothes/shoes look rather than the authenticity. A majority of the time, especially for outlet pickups, there's no need to bring a receipt as average people don't really understand the purpose of bringing a receipt to a transaction other than the fact that they're getting a deal compared to how much they would regularly pay, especially since you're dealing with a student that's not within the culture. Keep in mind that a lot of students generally look for steals within the school buy/sell groups (U of T free and for sale), so they don't ever want to overpay for anything

That being said, she is a little bit scum for not agreeing to the original price and she should've just paid the price, but it is what it is.
She kept asking if I had the receipt and for me to bring it all week because it was so ridiculously cheap just to prove that it’s real.

Nah I'm not fighting against you. I was just saying I wouldn't show a receipt is all. That's just my comfort vs yours. She was an idiot for sure. The bathroom **** was just unreal. Like she can't be serious with that.

She kept asking if I had the receipt and for me to bring it all week because it was so ridiculously cheap just to prove that it’s real.
Oh in that case then she's a scum. At that point I would just take off the tags and call it used 9/10 condition so they won't need to bug about the receipt. I do that with a lot of outlet pickups just to not have to deal with all the crap that ensues about "i could've gotten a better deal... blah blah blah"

Nah I'm not fighting against you. I was just saying I wouldn't show a receipt is all. That's just my comfort vs yours. She was an idiot for sure.
She wanted it and brought it up all week to assure her that it’s real since it was so cheap. For me personally, it doesn’t matter what someone pays for something as long as it’s real and I’m getting a deal...$100>$150 plus tax outlet>$399plus tax retail lol I’m not shady and always up front about whatever I sell. Giving someone the receipt is a part of the sale, regardless of what I paid. That’s just my thing.

She wanted it and brought it up all week to assure her that it’s real since it was so cheap. For me personally, it doesn’t matter what someone pays for something as long as it’s real and I’m getting a deal...$100>$150 plus tax outlet>$399plus tax retail lol I’m not shady and always up front about whatever I sell. Giving someone the receipt is a part of the sale, regardless of what I paid. That’s just my thing.

Especially since she was satisfied with the price. If you agree with the price, honour your end unless the product isn’t as described. That’s why I don’t go out of my way, especially if it’s downtown. Can’t stand driving there.

doesn't sound like she had any true intention of buying it for the prices you agreed upon. Too many ppl do this bait and switch with prices, hate that w a passion.

doesn't sound like she had any true intention of buying it for the prices you agreed upon. Too many ppl do this bait and switch with prices, hate that w a passion.
Im sure that she just wanted to resell it since she was clearly not a medium and knew that it wouldn’t even fit to begin with. She just wanted a better deal to maximize profit and figured that I already drove all the way down there so I’ll take whatever she offers. Guaranteed that even if I didn’t disclose what I paid for it, she would have tried the same **** with another excuse. It was just handy for her that I got it on discounts.

I don't even bother with Kijiji for shoes. I stick to Facebook so there's a name associated with the buyer immediately. The mods in the group I'm in are also quite good at kicking out buyers who flake at meetings.

With Kijiji - I've had many of the same nightmares as you guys. Here are 2 tips I use when selling:

- Don't accept any offers until they tell you where they're meeting you at. I used to say yes right away, only to find out that I've got to drive 30-45 minutes. Always reply with "If you can meet me at *insert location*, then sure, I'll take your offer".

- if they want to haggle over price after agreeing to the initial price, just walk away and say "No thanks. I've got other buyers who made offers after I accepted yours. I'm just going to message them instead". I say this even if I don't have any one else to sell to. It's the principle. I'm not doing business with anyone who goes back on their word. **** that.

- I always rely on the app for contact. I never give my number out. Too personal.

If I'm selling something, I give my number and tell them to call me a day before the meet. If they refuse to do so, I don't show up.

Was at the ES store 2 days ago

Air Max 270 (black/white) - $137.99 (sizes 8-13) didnt see 12
Vapormax (dusty cactus) - $175 (sizes 8-12)
Jordan 11 'Easter' - 8.5-12 . Not many pairs left.

Some tech fleece items.
Hoody - $98.99 (black)
Pants - $74.99 black/green/sky blue
lots of sizes in each

I need me an ES pass |l

I want a black tech fleece set in Medium. Please proxy haha.

If I’m a buyer I try to meet near the seller if it’s within reason, as the seller will less likely to flake than a buyer. As a seller, I get the buyer to come to me.

I don’t do shipping. Some kid got mad two weeks ago because I wouldn’t accept PayPal, saying I wasted his time.

75819477-13B3-4835-AA28-9CFC08B71114.jpeg
Views...

If I’m a buyer I try to meet near the seller if it’s within reason, as the seller will less likely to flake than a buyer. As a seller, I get the buyer to come to me.

I don’t do shipping. Some kid got mad two weeks ago because I wouldn’t accept PayPal, saying I wasted his time.
Yup, if they make the trip to me it shows commitment. If they try to offer less at my door, I can say no and just walk back in the house. I only had that happen once ages ago, and all I did was repeat my price and the guy paid it. I can't blame a dude for trying, but I have nothing to lose when my home is a few steps away and buyers are well aware of that.

On-topic, that Shadow is nice. I may try my luck yet again...

Back
Top Bottom