Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

For $295+tax this is a bit of a punch to the face to me, but I've been waiting to own a pair of Concords since 4th grade. Signed up twice with a friend.

My problem now is how to fund the 2nd pair
why in the world would you ever ever need a second pair?
Are you going to wear your concords as beaters or for
multiple times in a week?

Concords release all the time and the value will not go up by that much.
I'm not one to tell people what to do with their money but it's just unwise
to double up on shoes now. The value is erratic and if you have 50 pairs
of sneakers, will you ever really need another DS pair?

Just trying to shed some light on the malpractice that is doubling up in today's age.
It's not 2005, you can always go to Goat, StockX or any of the consignment shops
and buy them below or at retail years later. Aside from the fact that we never get
to wear our sneakers enough.

Just trying to shed some light on the malpractice that is doubling up in today's age.
It's not 2005, you can always go to Goat, StockX or any of the consignment shops
and buy them below or at retail years later. Aside from the fact that we never get

All the time?
Uh, the last time the Concord released was in 2011. the one before was 2000. the OG was 95 - DMP hardly counts
Malpractice is a terrible misnomer - it's personal preference.
You have the option to buy 1 and rock it, rock 1 stock 1, or stock 500 for all I care.

so I say again, why not?

And if you're not one to pocket watch, why do you care? just do you.

Last time I bought Jordan XIs was back in 2001 - Square One Footlocker - only one other person at store open. Bought two 9.5 and used the old SPC card for 15% off. Can’t see myself paying $300+ for these.

they werent cheap back then neither. ish was $199.99+tax. spc brought it down slightly below that believe it or not as they take 15% off retail and then add the tax to that discounted subtotal. those were the days

Just wanted to share my first experience selling with StockX. Tried selling a pair of Jordan 9 OG retros locally but no serious offers, at least nothing remotely close to StockX prices. So I gave it a try, you enter your selling price and then it calculates all the fees and shows you how much you would net, which I thought was a great feature. Picked a price that was slightly lower than the lowest ask for the same model and size and it sold within an hour! Then they provide you with UPS shipping label and documentation, packaged the shoes up and dropped them off at UPS. Now I wait for them to authenticate before I get paid. So far I'm impressed.

told ya

I sold a pair of 2011 BC3s last year over Stock X.

They canceled the sale because they said they were fake, charged me 15% of my sale price, and suspended my account.

I bought those BC3s straight from FTL when they dropped in 2011. SMH

Yeah @r2kidd, its a very quick and smooth process. I've had nothing but good experiences with StockX selling things vs. dealing with the nonsense locally.

With that being said they do have quality control issues (selling fakes, StockX warehouse employees scamming) that I've held off buying from them. I also had a friend who sold a new Supreme BOGO hoody through StockX. The sale was cancelled by X because they said my friend's hoody was worn (It wasn't he just took it out the bag to take pics for FB, Kijiji).

Also, a former employee made a thread in the general forum a few weeks back. Judging by how their authentication process operates, that again makes me a little worried if I was to buy from them. I can't find the thread right now.

sold a pair of 2003 white cement aj3. they were ds but age has really caught up to that particular pair. air bubble cloudy, midsole was yellowed af and even the sole near toe started to go. was afraid they might not pass but they did. even thru in a retro card for good measure. not sure how stringent they are with older shoes' accessories? anyone shed light on this?

when selling older retros locally, some newer heads dont even know about which shoe came with what back in day. I am pretty obsessive when it comes to things like that. ie 2001 AJ1 breds and white/navy mids came with a big jumpman medallion while 2001 AJ1 royals and silver mids that came out a few months after came with a smaller jumpman medallion

Yes sir. Wise advice for those new to the game. I've doubled up on a few pairs. Celtic Dunk Highs back in 2002, 2006 Jordan 4 Mars, and 2012 Cement 4s. Have never worn the second pairs of any of the shoes. With both pairs of 4s, they ended up getting retro'd before I even finished beating my first pair. Save your money and don't buy that second pair. Put it into a TFSA and just use that money to buy a fresh pair when they drop again. What do you really need that second pair for? To stunt on instagram? Lol

For $295+tax this is a bit of a punch to the face to me, but I've been waiting to own a pair of Concords since 4th grade. Signed up twice with a friend.

My problem now is how to fund the 2nd pair

I wouldn't stress about getting a 2nd pair right now if money is tight for you. I'm sure they'll barely go for much on the resale market after the release. At least not during the winter months (restocks too). Summer time when people are looking for new kicks to breakout they may go up a tiny bit but based off the numbers flying around, there's A LOT of stock worldwide. Jordan Brand knows what shoes are cash cows so they'll keep retroing those 11s until who knows when.

On the subject of doubling up in general. If its for your personal stash to eventually wear? its pretty much pointless. Most times the 2nd pair is sitting, untouched and time goes by quickly. Eventually you won't be able to wear them. I've wasted so much $$$$$ on doubling up when in general I take care of my shoes regularly. I'm still sitting on multiple BC3s, Royal AJ 1s, Bred AJ1s, while my regular worn pairs from 2001 (AJ 1s) and 2008 (CDP/DMP BC3s) are still in great condition.

so all in all what’s the general likelihood that resellers sell Concords for below retail? Cause I’ve been wanting these since the 2011 release when everyone went absolutely mad for them. Issue is $295 plus tax hits hard during the Holidays when your monetary focus is for other people :lol:

Amazing website adidas....

Got a size 12 of the OGs into cart on two devices, couldn't checkout and process the payment through PayPal on either.

Yes sir. Wise advice for those new to the game. I've doubled up on a few pairs. Celtic Dunk Highs back in 2002, 2006 Jordan 4 Mars, and 2012 Cement 4s. Have never worn the second pairs of any of the shoes. With both pairs of 4s, they ended up getting retro'd before I even finished beating my first pair. Save your money and don't buy that second pair. Put it into a TFSA and just use that money to buy a fresh pair when they drop again. What do you really need that second pair for? To stunt on instagram? Lol

Lol @ Mars 4. Those were so ****, I barely wore my pair. Gave em to the shelter.

OGs on Adidas.ca copped. Hopefully going a full size up doesn't end up biting me. Also ended up copping on Snkrs, shipped to Niagara. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. Order went through though.

Lol @ Mars 4. Those were so ****, I barely wore my pair. Gave em to the shelter.

Bad quality for sure, but that colorway was the first pair of Jordans that had me sprung. Couldn't afford them in grade 7. Had to get 2 pairs when they dropped. Ended up buying a new pair in 2012, and the quality was equally as bad. Praying they don't **** up next year's pair.

I just copped the Og ultraboost.
They sold out and pretty much all sizes came back after 25 mins.
Same for me, caught a size 12 on the restock.

OGs on Adidas.ca copped. Hopefully going a full size up doesn't end up biting me. Also ended up copping on Snkrs, shipped to Niagara. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. Order went through though.

Lots of people were saying size up half a size, but no store stocks 12.5. Had to grab 12, so hopefully the primeknit stretches.

Same for me, caught a size 12 on the restock.

Lots of people were saying size up half a size, but no store stocks 12.5. Had to grab 12, so hopefully the primeknit stretches.

I think these specifically are meant to be very tight. I like mixing up my sock selection as well, but I have a pair of Wool 1.0s and they fit super tight in my half size up so I went a full size. If someone got a 9.5 when they should have gotten a 10, I might try to trade.

Better that way imo, was annoying having not only to pull it out but taking off the plastic cover and then doing the whole thing backwards just to put them back....

Better that way imo, was annoying having not only to pull it out but taking off the plastic cover and then doing the whole thing backwards just to put them back....

Yup. Was never a fan of those boxes. Too much work.

Anyone that's sold with StockX before, are they picky about including receipts with the shoes?

Agreed.

Anyone that's sold with StockX before, are they picky about including receipts with the shoes?

Don't include receipts. I actually think thats mentioned in the PDF instructions page thats sent to you after a sale goes through.

They don't ask for receipts

Always wondered why they didn't want the receipt included. Shouldn't that expedite the verification process?

Granted, the last few years I've been reading about UA pairs coming with fake receipts but that's going the extra mile.

Always wondered why they didn't want the receipt included. Shouldn't that expedite the verification process?

Granted, the last few years I've been reading about UA pairs coming with fake receipts but that's going the extra mile.

Guess it's unnecessary since people can just put fake shoes into an authentic box with an authentic receipt.

At the end of the day, the most important part is the shoes itself. Plus, since they give the Stock X hangtag as a stamp of authenticity, that acts as the receipt if the buyer decides to sell down the road.

Back
Top Bottom