Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Are they allocating stock per day? Or is it all out first day? I know SD sales usually allocate, not sure about this time tho

Plum release was a huge joke, both online and as Livestock. High school resellers came and cut in line and tried to intimidate everyone. Sucks that this hobby of ours has just become another addition to a portfolio for many...

Are they allocating stock per day? Or is it all out first day? I know SD sales usually allocate, not sure about this time tho
It looked like they were allocating. Even while I was there yesterday they would randomly put additional inventory on to the tables in small batches. This caused people to mill around in the back waiting for someone to come out with new inventory to put in a table, then follow the employee to the table and proceed like vultures to grab at new items. It looked like a lot of people would just wait around for this to happen

Plum release was a huge joke, both online and as Livestock. High school resellers came and cut in line and tried to intimidate everyone. Sucks that this hobby of ours has just become another addition to a portfolio for many...

I remember walking into Goodfoot on a Monday after work when Jedis released - no one else there - I was the first person to buy them that day.

Where did all this hype over dunks come from? I miss the days when students wore Sketchers and thought my Atmos air max 1s were hideous...

These kids are addicted to the algorithm. Its not about having something you like or forming an identity or your own style, its all about looking cool. Sneakers are an easy flip and you can sell those and look like a "cool reseller" even though you're a ****ing dweeb for that.

Im just salty, but with good reason. A bunch of high school kids cut the line and ate all the pairs and with no shame tried to flip them right outside the store. Cant fault Livestock for it but im really pissed at the whole situation.

You got stores that worked hard for their nike accounts downsizing recently (eg exclusity, courtside, bbbranded, etc) and then you got new consignment shops opening and probably making more profits. They don’t need to apply for a nike account which would force them to purchase non-hype stuff that’d sit. They still need to hustle by grabbing stuff from outlets/stores and market themselves on social media. It makes it harder for others that wants to buy it directly from stores/outlets. I don’t think we’re going to see anymore mom and pop sneaker shops (non-consignments) opening, and just more consignment stores opening. Isn’t urban necessities planning on coming here?

I remember walking into Goodfoot on a Monday after work when Jedis released - no one else there - I was the first person to buy them that day.

Where did all this hype over dunks come from? I miss the days when students wore Sketchers and thought my Atmos air max 1s were hideous...

Man, I remember going to Mainland Skate & Surf in Pleasanton, CA one year. Jedi's and Carhartt's just sitting on the shelf. Got mine so easy.

Crazy to see all these pairs fetch WAY more than when the SB bubble burst the first time.

Where did all this hype over dunks come from?

If you're talking about the recent hype. Like most things in sneaker culture lately, Travis Scott is to "blame". Once he started going hard wearing dunks in 2018 and last year, the value of certain dunks started skyrocketing. Before that it was tough period for dunks, you could've got a lot of known grails for good prices. Dunks and SBs were pretty much dead.

Strategically folks like Jeff Staple and Nicky Diamond decided to drop new dunks (Black Pigeons and Yellow Canarys). Virgil saw the same and started wearing dunks (he was the reason for the Viotech re-retro hype) and eventually joining in with his own Nike dunk. Now throw in folks like Offset of Migos and Kylie Jenner who are wearing dunks now, everyone's trying to buy up to wear and others are reselling/cashing out for high prices.

I've actually been running into locals and Young OGs who were true collectors/wearers during the SB/dunk era height in the mid-2000s. I've been telling them if they're still sitting on past dunks and SBs to cash out now. A lot of them didn't know about the current dunk hype.

But yeah, Travis is the main reason for the dunk resurgence.

Last edited:
^^^
I agree, I've seen many celebs rocking Dunks nowadays but Travis Scott is probably the biggest influencer behind the Dunk resurgence.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of Dunks but I can appreciate the impact they've had in the sneaker culture.
I actually prefer the basic colorways of the Dunks that you can grab at your local FTL back in the day, as opposed to these hyped CWs.
The Dunks have that AF1 and AJ1 vibe, were the much more simple CWs/Colour blocking look better.

I'm bias, but is it a coincidence that some of Nike's biggest collaborators (Travis, Virgil, Jerry) are heavily associated with Kanye West?

1581111218297.png

I'm personally not the biggest fan of Dunks but I can appreciate the impact they've had in the sneaker culture.
I actually prefer the basic colorways of the Dunks that you can grab at your local FTL back in the day, as opposed to these hyped CWs.
The Dunks have that AF1 and AJ1 vibe, were the much more simple CWs/Colour blocking look better.

I'm bias, but is it a coincidence that some of Nike's biggest collaborators (Travis, Virgil, Jerry) are heavily associated with Kanye West?

If you're into simple colourways, more's on the way for the dunks. Some colourways from a popular pack is dropping the end of this month (maybe pushed back to March) w/o the Virgil touch. :wink:

As for your last comment, thats not biased at all its 100% fact. All of Nike's "cool" collaborators are from Kanye's extended creative family. You can add Matthew Williams (ALYX 9SM) to that current list, along with Don C. They didn't respect him as far as his global influence and status as a fashion icon. So as a company what do you do after he leaves? recruit the rest of his friends to design and collaborate on product.

They literally said, "Thats fine, leave. We'll just get your friends, who are behind a lot of your own creative **** anyways, to come join us. Who wouldn't want to work with Nike?!?." And as we've seen from KW in recent years that affected his relationship with some of those guys at times (Jerry, Virgil, Don C).

The swoosh will never be dead, but as far as product and general excitement in pop culture goes, they definitely had a shaky period from 2014-2017 when Kanye, Pharrell and others went to adidas. The excitement came back when they opened up to working with more "cool" guys, most who affiliated with KW.

Last edited:
I really like the Strangelove Dunks but I think they're just releasing on Snkrs in Canada. And probably some BS instore backdoors.

I think rappers were definitely part of the resurgence of Dunks but a big part is the designers that ended up working with Nike as well. You got Staple, Diamond... The Cncpt Dunks. Not only are they hyped designers, but they actually created something fresh and unique colour blocking we haven't seen before, added interesting logos to the back and have some amazing packaging. Yeah, the shape is kind of basic, but the executions are just fun. And have been since the end of 2018 IMO.

Those played a part but again the lead person behind the craze is TS.

The 1st Viotech retro in 2013 were sitting at Nike Bloor. Could easily walk in and buy them, which a friend did for me when I couldn't make it release week.

I really like the Strangelove Dunks but I think they're just releasing on Snkrs in Canada. And probably some BS instore backdoors.

I think rappers were definitely part of the resurgence of Dunks but a big part is the designers that ended up working with Nike as well. You got Staple, Diamond... The Cncpt Dunks. Not only are they hyped designers, but they actually created something fresh and unique colour blocking we haven't seen before, added interesting logos to the back and have some amazing packaging. Yeah, the shape is kind of basic, but the executions are just fun. And have been since the end of 2018 IMO.

Sorry but what is fresh and unique about three collaborators who all rehashed their old collabs with different colours?

There is literally nothing new about Lobsters, Tiffany diamonds or Pigeons ...

Those played a part but again the lead person behind the craze is TS.

The 1st Viotech retro in 2013 were sitting at Nike Bloor. Could easily walk in and buy them, which a friend did for me when I couldn't make it release week.

Plums, Caves, Veneers...all sat for like $30-$40 at Athlete's World Eaton Centre. They couldn't give those things away.

Dixie still has full size of acg jackets and camo filled jackets, but the all black down fills only size s and xs left

Back
Top Bottom