Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Nike did nothing to stop the bots. The bots crashed their entire server.
not true, Chinese accounts had issues entering (which is what the majority of botters use) saw a tweet that said the majority of people who had success used US accounts.
This is also the developer of a bot for nike and he tweeted the followoing

Akamai is one of the companies nike uses for bot detection and security

not true, Chinese accounts had issues entering (which is what the majority of botters use) saw a tweet that said the majority of people who had success used US accounts.

I know bot guys that got 10+ orders in. As of right now, it's still very hard if not impossible to put in a manual order in on SNKRS. I tried to order the Monarch (don't judge me) today and got a payment error on the app and cart error on desktop. Meanwhile Ghost checks out no issue. SNKRS was broken on Saturday and it's still not right. Bots can still order with no issue.

I think Nike did this to fight bots, never used a bot and don't think a bot could keep trying to enter over and over

I know bot guys that got 10+ orders in. As of right now, it's still very hard if not impossible to put in a manual order in on SNKRS. I tried to order the Monarch (don't judge me) today and got a payment error on the app and cart error on desktop. Meanwhile Ghost checks out no issue. SNKRS was broken on Saturday and it's still not right. Bots can still order with no issue.
I agree that bots can still order with no issue but making the statement that "Nike did nothing to stop the bots" isn't true when there were some measures that were taken to stop them (backed up by statistics put out by these bot companies such as Kickmoji and Ghost that log these analytics) and the most apparent measure that they took was something involving Chinese phone numbers not being able to enter/win.

Nike is definitely making an effort, I remember seeing a job posting not too long ago where Nike was looking for developers/coders specifically to help fight bots, I forget the exact name of the department, but they do have a team of people dedicated to it. The problem for all of these companies and sites is that they can hire 100 amazing coders to make them a supposedly foolproof system, but there are literally thousands, if not tens of thousands of other coders with nothing better to do than break the system that they made.

I agree that bots can still order with no issue but making the statement that "Nike did nothing to stop the bots" isn't true when there were some measures that were taken to stop them (backed up by statistics put out by these bot companies) and the most apparent measure that they took was something involving Chinese phone numbers not being able to enter/win.
Ok I should have said "What they did didn't help at all." Bots still ate and SNKRS is still broken. They may have made it hard for bots but they broke SNKRS for manual use in the process so in the end bots still ate a lot of the stock.

They could fix this all very easily. Do something similar to the foot apps system. Make it somewhere between $250-500 in the last 12 months that you must have spent on your account to be able to enter certain draws. Yes, some people would still have multiple accounts, just like they do on foot apps now. It'd just be a handful of accounts though. Nobody would have 5k accounts like they do now though.

Ok I should have said "What they did didn't help at all." Bots still ate and SNKRS is still broken. They may have made it hard for bots but they broke SNKRS for manual use in the process so in the end bots still ate a lot of the stock.

They could fix this all very easily. Do something similar to the foot apps system. Make it somewhere between $250-500 in the last 12 months that you must have spent on your account to be able to enter certain draws. Yes, some people would still have multiple accounts, just like they do on foot apps now. It'd just be a handful of accounts though. Nobody would have 5k accounts like they do now though.
It did help and this thread is evidence of it. There are 30-40 pages full of "Got 'em"s. When was the last time you saw that on a hyped release like that. I don't remember seeing that on the OW thread last year when the collection dropped and there were 10 different silo's dropping that day. It is also evidenced by people posting their analytics screen on these bots on twitter and showing 500 entries with maybe 1-2 wins and when you look back on other drops the same people have 50-75 wins.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Nike is 100% actively trying to stop bots and this drop is very clear evidence of it. You obviously can't stop every bot as there is a variety of endpoints they use the enter these accounts as well as a variety of accounts types that they can enter (US, UK, CN) but to say they didnt do anything at all and the amount of manual winners is coincidental is wrong

I really hope they don't do that. I absolutely HATE the footstore system.
I'm not saying have it just like that system. I'm just saying use the same draw system SNKRS has now but only account that have spent $250 in the last 12 months can enter it. You wouldn't have people entering 5k burner accounts in that case.

I'm not saying have it just like that system. I'm just saying use the same draw system SNKRS has now but only account that have spent $250 in the last 12 months can enter it. You wouldn't have people entering 5k burner accounts in that case.

I'm just not a fan of any system that requires you to spend X amount in order to even have a shot at the shoe.

It did help and this thread is evidence of it. There are 30-40 pages full of "Got 'em"s. When was the last time you saw that on a hyped release like that. I don't remember seeing that on the OW thread last year when the collection dropped and there were 10 different silo's dropping that day. It is also evidenced by people posting their analytics screen on these bots on twitter and showing 500 entries with maybe 1-2 wins and when you look back on other drops the same people have 50-75 wins.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Nike is 100% actively trying to stop bots and this drop is very clear evidence of it. You obviously can't stop every bot as there is a variety of endpoints they use the enter these accounts as well as a variety of accounts types that they can enter (US, UK, CN) but to say they didnt do anything at all and the amount of manual winners is coincidental is wrong
They made 80k of these. I'm not surprised at the amount of got 'em itt at all.

Again, the bots literally melted their server and it's STILL not right. Manual users STILL can't order on their platform while bots can with no issue. Let's not act like Nike won this weekend.

I'm just not a fan of any system that requires you to spend X amount in order to even have a shot at the shoe.
I just don't see another way. I don't want it to be a high number or weighted to people that spend the most, just a decent amount that makes it not worth someone to put money on an account just to have the account for draws.

They made 80k of these. I'm not surprised at the amount of got 'em itt at all.

Again, the bots literally melted their server and it's STILL not right. Manual users STILL can't order on their platform while bots can with no issue. Let's not act like Nike won this weekend.
There were 90k pairs of SW also but if you go back to that thread there isn't nearly the amount of Got em's that appeared here on drop day.
I agree nike needs to find a new system than just
Phone Number = Account entry
But what they did that past Saturday was a good start which is all I'm arguing here. Not that they did everything right, not that this system is perfect, just that they did SOMETHING

There were 90k pairs of SW also but if you go back to that thread there isn't nearly the amount of Got em's that appeared here on drop day.
I agree nike needs to find a new system than just
Phone Number = Account entry
But what they did that past Saturday was a good start which is all I'm arguing here. Not that they did everything right, not that this system is perfect, just that they did SOMETHING
When you factor in air max day and the restock, yes there were tons of got ems for SW. Many people got multiple pairs bc them and their wife hit. One guy got 3 pairs between his, his wife, and his son.

Phone number isn't enough, clearly.

Sorry but anything that logs the vast majority out of their account and won't let them log back in is not a good start. I assume you got a pair through snkrs, so congrats. You're opinion is greatly biased bc of it. If you were locked out of your account for an hour and still couldn't order on snkrs 2 full days later I don't think you'd view it as a good start.

Back
Top Bottom