Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

I don't buy fakes because it's basically burning money in my eyes. Every shoe in my collection will be sold at some point because most of my collection is composed OG colorways of various signature basketball shoes and I don't keep previous versions of shoes when they retro. Once you buy a fake you're basically stuck with it, unless you're a scammer and I don't move like that.

I know a guy that buys reps, has a good job, nice whip and lives in a luxury apartment. I asked him before why he does it and his response made perfect sense. He said

"I like sneakers, and if I could get the real pairs for retail I would but why would I pay 1k for a shoe, be scared to wear them when I can spend $150 wear them to the club and women still won't be able to tell the difference. "

Made perfect sense to me.

I don't buy fakes because it's basically burning money in my eyes. Every shoe in my collection will be sold at some point because most of my collection is composed OG colorways of various signature basketball shoes and I don't keep previous versions of shoes when they retro. Once you buy a fake you're basically stuck with it, unless you're a scammer and I don't move like that.

I know a guy that buys reps, has a good job, nice whip and lives in a luxury apartment. I asked him before why he does it and his response made perfect sense. He said

"I like sneakers, and if I could get the real pairs for retail I would but why would I pay 1k for a shoe, be scared to wear them when I can spend $150 wear them to the club and women still won't be able to tell the difference. "

Made perfect sense to me.
Bruh this is my EXACT situation. Except I only got 4 fakes as I only get them if it's a shoe I been wanting and it's over 500.

Damn, people get insecure when annual income is brought up here 😂. Wild stuff.

I guess having some economic prowess is frowned upon here, we should all be splurging on $5 sneakers made in China 🤣🤣.

i have zero issue with people spending as much as they want on shoes, even if theyre $5 shoes marked up 1000%, im just not a fan of the elitism thats in sneakers. its one thing to be "that guy" because you have a huge sneaker collection and know how to put a fit together. Its another thing when being "that guy" just means you spent a ton of money. My one and only push back against rep criticism is when people center the conversation around this weird propping up of the "looks like you have money" aesthetic like its something that needs to be protected.

IMG_4314.jpeg

Last edited:
Nah you gotta shed a few tears then write paragraphs about how copping kicks isn’t fair, people don’t deserve them, Nike is mean, and then diss people who have the financial means to pay aftermarket prices for them :lol: that’s the NT way
I've had my fair share of shedding a few in my early 20's. After all the countless L's, I don't try as hard anymore LOL

No, I can’t get down with fakes… If you can’t afford the shoe, then don’t pretend you can
Again, the odds of hitting on an ultra-hyped release like a Travis is 0.01%. I’m sure many Americans can afford to pay RETAIL for the sneaker, but one can only be so lucky.

Also, you do realize - some people genuinely like the way the sneaker looks stylistically and want to rock it without spending an arm or leg? Sure, there’s genuine ***-hats who wear reps and flex them on IG passing them off as real, but if you’re a sneaker enthusiast who genuinely likes the way a sneaker looks and can’t justify Option A pricing what’s the big deal?

What if you bought reps without knowing they were reps. Or were gifted reps from someone who didn’t know.

Ignorance is bliss. Let it go.

What if you bought reps without knowing they were reps. Or were gifted reps from someone who didn’t know.

Ignorance is bliss. Let it go.

These are the mental gymnastics im talking about. :lol:

Buying something, say SX and finding out they were reps later, thats the single one thing where you are tip toeing the line. If you never found out they were fake, you would continue to wear them, ignorance is bliss sure. Now, if you found out they were fake after the fact, personally id stop wearing them. I would just feel whack wearing what I know are reps.

06AA64C9-97BA-4CD4-98CD-DAC28DA55608.jpeg

So this is what a undefeated W looks like. First W from a raffle from them. I ignored the email earlier cause I thought it was another L but I was deleting emails and it was a big W. Always thought undftd W’s are myths unless its there own collab sneakers.
He_Can%27t_Keep_Getting_Away_With_It_banner.png

Reps are whack no matter what kinda mental gymnastics yall try to do to justify it. Like other dude said, if you can get em (retail, resell whatever) move on. Reps should never be an option.

The fact people are even trying to justify buying them is pathetic.

But then again had they not missed out they wouldn’t be saying that to begin with

My bad, did my comment about dudes spending hella on sneakers and driving in a Honda civic get to you? 🙃. At least you got a Type R?

How did it get to me?

I don't care what you drive.

I drive a Mercedes S Class and a Genesis G80 with an Escalade and Cadillac Lyriq on order.

I wear over a quarter million in jewelry and live in a nice 400 sq ft apartment

These are the mental gymnastics im talking about. :lol:

Buying something, say SX and finding out they were reps later, thats the single one thing where you are tip toeing the line. If you never found out they were fake, you would continue to wear them, ignorance is bliss sure. Now, if you found out they were fake after the fact, personally id stop wearing them. I would just feel whack wearing what I know are reps.
The fact people are even trying to justify buying them is pathetic.

But then again had they not missed out they wouldn’t be saying that to begin with

I agree to an extent but I don’t shame people who wear UA, when I miss I move on or try and set up a trade. If not then it’s onto the next.

However I know some of yall out here rockin them cuban ‘diamond’ chains from GLD, (rappers included) so if someone can’t rock fake shoes then yall can’t be out here rockin CZs? 🤔 I see folk out and about blinged out with 2 20MM cubans shinin outchere

IMG_2002.gif

I’m not shamin I’m just sayin keep the same energy

I agree to an extent but I don’t shame people who wear UA, when I miss I move on or try and set up a trade. If not then it’s onto the next.

However I know some of yall out here rockin them cuban ‘diamond’ chains from GLD, (rappers included) so if someone can’t rock fake shoes then yall can’t be out here rockin CZs? 🤔 I see folk out and about blinged out with 2 20MM cubans shinin outchere

IMG_2002.gif

I’m not shamin I’m just sayin keep the same energy

I dont care enough to “shame” someone in person but ill throw my opinion down if its a talked about topic or someone asks. :lol:

The funny part about the fake discussion is that a very large percentage of people buy from goat/ebay/stockx and wouldn't know the difference between a real and fake pair especially without the internet.

The funny part about the fake discussion is that a very large percentage of people buy from goat/ebay/stockx and wouldn't know the difference between a real and fake pair especially without the internet.

That’s a damn good point too yup ^

I seen too many vids on YouTube where people go to sneaker events and have a real or UA sneaker and will test all the vendors who are selling shoes like ‘are these real or fake’ and 90 percent get it wrong. That’s wild. These are same pairs getting through all the resell platforms 😳

Back
Top Bottom