Official Umar Johnson Thread

If the kids are old enough to kinda form an identity and style, and it for example includes a male kid wanting makeup/nails painted, the parents shouldn’t force their own negative view on that onto the child. They should have a talk about it and the likely negative attention and bullying the kid will receive.
This.

Too many parents think that their children are an extension of themselves, and they end up being disappointed, or they strain the relationship they should have with them.

You're not going to stop them from doing whatever they want when they leave the home...
Not strange at all. Women have the option to explore how they want to express themselves throughout the gender spectrum, with their clothes, who they date, hobbies they're interested in etc.
That's wasn't always the case. In fact, I don't think women wearing pants or dating whoever they wanted was seen positively before the 60s, which coincides with the rise in women's rights activism.

Speaking of hobbies, you won't find a lot of electrical/construction/woodworking tools in feminine colors that are older than 10-15 years old.

Yeah, the phrase tomboy does exist. But I do agree that the judgement seems less pronounced...or not as harsh. And would definitely agree it's more widely accepted than men dressing feminine.

No one ever called Aaliyah a **** in her baggy Tommy gear. Tomboy? Maybe...can't say for sure.

Song of Solomon:

The Shulammite (from Hebrew shulammit, “woman of Jerusalem”) is the central figure in the Song of Solomon (also called Song of Songs or Canticles) and one of the most positive representations of young womanhood in the Hebrew Bible.

The Shulammite calls herself “black and beautiful” (1:5–6). This is apparently a reference to her sunburned skin—according to her poetic phrase “the sun has gazed on me” (26). Working outdoors (she is “keeper of the vineyards” in 1:6) is perhaps associated with a lower social status; those who could afford not to work outdoors would have a fair complexion. The Shulammite’s need to account for her dark skin may sound apologetic; on the other hand, it is likely that she is boasting, not apologizing.

The obvious answer when it comes to kids is that it should be up to the kids how he/she wants to dress, rather than parents forcing their own view on the kids.

And at which age should this start?

Because ALL parents "force their own views" on their kids up until a certain point.

What is/isn't allowed? Clothing? Religion? Food Consumption?

Also, strangely this whole effeminate clothing debate is always about men.
On the other hand, you rarely ever hear these kind of complaints about women who wear traditionally male clothing. I don’t see anyone complaining about the defeminization of women.
Note that women wearing manly clothes is of course not as prevalent but it’s also not unusual. For whatever reason, it’s somewhat common amongst lesbian women.

Yea, I respectfully disagree. Maybe it is LOUDER in circles that are male dominated, sure but the convo definitely happens in the black community like someone else mentioned.

And at which age should this start?

Because ALL parents "force their own views" on their kids up until a certain point.

What is/isn't allowed? Clothing? Religion? Food Consumption?

Yea, I respectfully disagree. Maybe it is LOUDER in circles that are male dominated, sure but the convo definitely happens in the black community like someone else mentioned.
Depends on the topic and at what age the child gains a decent understanding of it. With something like religion, I think parents shouldn't force that on kids when they are not old enough to properly grasp what they're being taught. At that point it's just indoctrination.
For something like religion, I am strongly against forcing religion on kids, taking them to church etc. Let them decide on their own as they grow older and start to grasp the various religions.

You do have to force some things on your kids of course, such as clothes and food until they can afford their own clothes or make their own food, though excessive unhealthy food should of course be discouraged regardless. Within the budget you have set for clothes, you can at least allow the kid to have some choice in the clothes they want.

So what are kids supposed to do when the parents go to church? Belgium Belgium

Legit asking.
Let them stay home, because let's be honest those kids are gonna be bored out of their mind anyway.
If they're young enough to where they can't be left at home or young enough that the religious ideology just goes in one ear and out the other, then sure take them along.

I should note that I think organized religion is an absolute cancer that continues to set humanity back. Also, I think the world would be a much better place if it were eradicated, so I am a little biased when it comes to kids religious indoctrination.
Just to be clear, that view is strictly about organized religion, I have nothing against being religious.

My homie teaches at an alternative school. Earlier in the school year, he had a run in with an 18 year old freshman where the kid was talking to him CRAZY. The kid kept swearing on his dead friends and claiming on his hood that he was going to "smoke" him. Eventually he charged my man...and when I tell you my man is the same size as The Mountain from Game of Thrones...I'm not exaggerating for entertainment purposes. He put the kid (5'8 140 tops) in a full nelson and carried him to the office with the whole school laughing.

The next day, the kids mom (in her mid-late 30s) comes in and flips on him and the school...completely unconcerned with her son's actions demanding some sort of action against the teacher. My homie's conflicted because even though the kid is a little punk forreal...you can't take threats like that lightly these days so he says he's prepared to knock that kid's head off if he has to :smh:

Alot of these kids come from households where the parents were kids themselves when they had them

Alot of these kids come from households where the parents were kids themselves when they had them

My aunt had 4 kids at 20. Her first at 15, another at 18, 19, and 20. My mom had me at 19. That’s not necessarily the case. But we came from a family of love and moms that would tear our a*** up if we got wrong.

We have to stop making excuses for adults and kids.

This kids are just terrible and their parents don’t care or don’t discipline them. We have to stop equating all behaviors to age. It’s just some terrible people out here. Young and old.

Im a little concerned about Umar

When asked about how he would pay teacher salaries, upkeep of school, and all of the daily functions of the school, staff, food, etc... he really didnt have a good answer..

Umar said in a recent interview that he plans to bus kids from Baltimore, Philly, and surrounding areas when asked what his plans were..

there is no way he is busing kids from Baltimore to Delaware every morning, thats an hour drive without traffic..

I fw Umar... but as time goes along i dont believe in his school... he doesnt have a team and the logistics and ideas seem to be off

also... when asked about tax forms he shunned away from talking about it and said he had it handled.

Dude is going to have hoteps with no actual education training teaching at this school if it ever opens.

Dude is going to have hoteps with no actual education training teaching at this school if it ever opens.

I rock with his interviews and the knowledge... but this school seems like BS... everytime he push that date back and doesnt show a real plan and cant answer the tough questions that people have... then it shows whats really going on

Yea that is why I laughed when asked if I would go to his school. I wouldn't go to a charter school here in DC, why would I consider such an uncertain project?

But I will "wait and see" how things turn out.

Back
Top Bottom