Official .. USC vs. Ohio State...vol. Redemption or more of the same....

Dont forget 2 catches for 45 yds. Over 100 all purpose yards. Solid game I would say.

yep, what did he do that drive that Stafon cant do? Gable too , for that matter. he had nice couple plays. cool. He wasnt Ballin. he wasnt "beastin"like I saw one NTer put it.
yall keep gettin sold this idea that McKnight is some Killer out on the field and hes not

Watch him play with the sound on mute. and decide for yourself. dont let Brent and Herbie sway u

week to week, He is not the best RB on the team

if u win, the QB will get credit (word to eli manning and ben roth
Those two do a bit more for their team than Barkley did tonight......just saying
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

yep, what did he do that drive that Stafon cant do? Gable too , for that matter. he had nice couple plays. cool. He wasnt Ballin. he wasnt "beastin" like I saw one NTer put it.
yall keep gettin sold this idea that McKnight is some Killer out on the field and hes not

Im not saying that. Im saying he did his thing on that last drive. I could care less what Johnson and Gable couldve done because they werent in that lastdrive. Hell I thought Broderick Green couldve been the best outve all usc's rbs.

yep, what did he do that drive that Stafon cant do? Gable too , for that matter. he had nice couple plays. cool. He wasnt Ballin. he wasnt "beastin" like I saw one NTer put it.

Watch him play with the sound on mute. and decide for yourself. dont let Brent and Herbie sway u

week to week, He is not the best RB on the team
You obviously haven't been to a USC practice this year...

And week to week THIS season he has been the best on the squad.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Im not saying that. Im saying he did his thing on that last drive. I could care less what Johnson and Gable couldve done because they werent in that last drive. Hell I thought Broderick Green couldve been the best outve all usc's rbs.
Broderick Green is playing mad soft right now, tiptoeing to the line
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by IYE2

Weaponry Expert wrote:

yep, what did he do that drive that Stafon cant do? Gable too , for that matter. he had nice couple plays. cool. He wasnt Ballin. he wasnt
"beastin" like I saw one NTer put it.

Im not saying that. Im saying he did his thing on that last drive. I could care less what Johnson and Gable couldve done because they werent in that last
drive. Hell I thought Broderick Green couldve been the best outve all usc's rbs.
Broderick Green is playing mad soft right now, tiptoeing to the line
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Damn you. You didnt need to post that
laugh.gif
But that was my thinking when he was coming out of HS..he had all the tools.

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

^ exactly, dont let brent and herbie, and the rest of the media sway you....Barkley was very mediocre in that game....

bottomline though he was behind center on the game-winning drive which makes up for his mediocre stats. Got to give credit to OSU's D for keeping SC incheck most of the game. Their d-line was dominating us all game pretty much aside from the last drive

Media is slurping Barkley major when he really did nothing that entire game and that last drive

im sorry, but they didnt air it out tht last drive, handoffs and short passes to mcknight got them down the field, not bark tossing 20 yrd outs an etc

at this rate of he'll be tim tebow 2.o when it comes to media slurpage

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*and some of yall are doing your hardest in not trying to give Barkley any credit for what he pulled off. No, he wasn't spectacular, but that last drive was simply amazing considering he's only a freshman...playing on the road in one of the most hostile environments in country.
Man... I'm tryin to get this same statement through to this dude. Except he ain't hearin it. Barkley wasn't Matt Leinart or MarkSanchez, but he moved the ball and played a mistake free GW drive. He got the job done in those exact circumstances. Regardless if he threw the balldownfield or not. He STILL could have made mistakes, but he didn't.

Ugggggggllly win, but a W is a W. And I'll take it.

laugh.gif
at the hate already for Barkley. A 19 year old kid who played his 2ndcareer game and got the W at the shoe in front of 100,000+

He did what he had to for the team to win, what else can you ask for?

I don't see anyone giving the OSU defense any credit... Those dudes were EVERYWHERE tonight... They completely shutdown the SC run game... That defensecould only do so much.. They held SC to 18 points and that includes a possession that started at the goal line.. That defense was serious tonight..

Pryor is a playmaker but he still has some learning to do.. His first down run when it was 3rd and long gave me horrible flashbacks of VY at the Rose Bowl
sick.gif

Ausberry and Johnson need more touches... Hopefully Barkley gets more comfortable with the offense... He's shown signs of his strong arm, and he's madegood decisions for the most part... They're gonna need to let him loose against Cal, ND, and UCLA.

Hopefully they give UW a good !!@ beating. A nice thank you to Sarkisian
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It was a good !!@ weekend for college football... Now we get to chill and see if the NFL can bring the same excitement
pimp.gif

PS - Sweatervest needs to get the axe asap. Props to OSU for playing a tough game. Good luck in the Big X.

I thought it was a wrap when McKnight wiffed and let Barkley get demolished by the OSU dude but SC pulled through..good game I love football season

Big ups to OSU's d-line. Kept it much closer than anyone thought.

But yeah, I think the media is hyping Barkley up too much. They're basically asking him to be Trent Dilfer. I know he's a freshman and all, but he wasthe clear #1 recruit in the whole freaking country. Give him praise if he makes a ton of throws, not cuz he's able to play it safe and not go completely topieces.

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

did you see any of the last drive? McKnight did his thing, but you'd be foolish to not give any of the credit to Barkley for having his team march 90+ yards down the field for the TD....this is a freshman QB, under immense scrutiny, playing on the road against a top 10 team.....what more do you want out of him? He won ugly...but he won....
i forgot throwing to a wide open mcknight is so hard.....wow what skill and poise by barkley to watch mcknight break tackles and make great cut backs...but the freshman impresses even more by handing it off to mcknight yet again, and then watches as stefon johnson walks it in....wow he really grew up.......pshhh +%@@!, he didnt do nething, put it all on the O line and running backs.......any frosh could have made the throws he made in his last drive....even high school kids...please

Your hate is STRONG my boy....
laugh.gif
@ your statement that "any" frosh could have made those plays in the last drive....that's flatout foolish.

when will someone get credit for being a part of a 95 yard drive in the final minutes of the game? More specifically a TRUE FRESHMAN QB??? Again...I'msure you're just looking at the 15-31 and wondering WHY he didn't do better statistically...
grin.gif
...Like everyone is saying....it wasn't pretty but he got the job done. Thefinal drive vs. Ohio State IN Columbus is what people are going to remember when talking about Matt Barkley a few years from now...Joe McKnight does deserve alot of props as well, but don't let your blind hatred for Barkley skew any objectivity when discussing this game...OR the final drive.

Back
Top Bottom