**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

What a ****ty unconvincing result

Paraguay didn't do ****. :lol:

We are recently, always, better than Paraguay, we should win, but I don't see what was so ****** about tonight.

Fox commentators were on the other end of the spectrum, swear they thought this was an amazing performance.

6.5 out of 10 for a friendly.

USMNT fam I was talking with seem people about future managers and it started as a joke saying Wenger to be USMNT manager but the more I think about it I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all tbh.

All hypothetically but what do y’all think? I think Wenger would do well in the international game.

Paraguay didn't do ****. :lol:

We are recently, always, better than Paraguay, we should win, but I don't see what was so ****ty about tonight.

Fox commentators were on the other end of the spectrum, swear they thought this was an amazing performance.

6.5 out of 10 for a friendly.

I thought the match was sloppy overall. These guys had trouble with possession most games. Bobby Wood was not himself and Paraguay should've been down to 9 men. on top of that, the kid we all wanted to see does not start and comes off the bench.

Can we be any worse with Wenger? who knows :lol:

I thought the match was sloppy overall. These guys had trouble with possession most games. Bobby Wood was not himself and Paraguay should've been down to 9 men. on top of that, the kid we all wanted to see does not start and comes off the bench.

Can we be any worse with Wenger? who knows :lol:

Maybe I just have lower expectations.

A bunch of 19 - 22 year olds who've never really played together led by Dave Sarachan aren't going to be setting any standards for the U.S. in possession in their first games together.

They still completely controlled a much more experienced Paraguayan team with a few respectable players.

Bobby Wood's limitations at the top level have been completely exposed in the past 12 months and he might be playing the worst soccer of his career, which is a massive statement given what he's been through. We were lucky to get a single positive contribution from him the other night. :lol:

I thought the younger guys each had a few moments. I like Adams, I like Saief, I like Steffen.

Don't see Trap or Delgado playing a bigger role than peripheral depth in the next 5 years and we could do worse by that measure.

Miazga and CCV are both better in possession than what they showed, but I really like how they both wanted to party with that goon Francisco Santander. :lol:

I'm with northoaklandfc northoaklandfc

all things considered, this was not bad at all. Even Trapp and Delgado imo, looked solid; although I don't think they played themselves into any bigger part of the squad outside of depth, they certainly made their case to hang around.... Kinda wild how "stacked" (I'm using the term stacked very loosely) we are with 6 and 8s. Don't forget, we still have Hyndman, Acosta, Mckennie, Parks all out there as well.

Adams was a revelation.

I was very impressed with Miazga tbh. CCV was ok, although I'm starting to cool off his hype train sadly. Unless he somehow takes a huge leap in the next year or so, I don't think he is gonna quite develop in to the show stopper I thought he'd be.

Kinda wished we would have seen a Robinson-Miazga-EPB-CCV-Moore back 3 but whatever.

What are your guys' thoughts on Dave Sarachan's management of these young guys?? On the one hand, I'm glad he's even calling these kids in at all. On the other, why is he playing it so conservatively outside of trying to get meaningless results and trying to get the full time gig lmao.

Just wait till WCQ starts lmao

Tbh in a vacuum, this roster is v exciting.

In the context of ramping up for the world cup it’s sad as hell. We should have had these players in one camp or another the last two years. Better late than never but late and disappointing nonetheless.

This young core can do damage the more matches they play together. Most of those kids play in Europe except like 6 of them. I'm excited for the future

Olusunde plays for United's U-19 squad and is from Jersey too:pimp:

It's important for the next generation to see guys on USMNT playing in the best leagues around the world. I'm grateful for what Landon did on the International level, but having kids look up to someone like him wasn't good enough because having the potential to play with the best in the world, in Europe, but settling for MLS is not good enough. See Jordan Morris.

Roster looks promising, but not making the WC still boils my blood. I never want to see that collection of players, minus CP, GC, and maybe Deandre on the field again. Altidore and Company should decline any future invites after that debacle. It’s great that Dave is bringing in these youngsters to get used to the culture and slowly integrate them. We will see who the coach is going forward, but for me, for now, I can’t get used to us Not making the WC. I might just go on vacation and not watch it at all...

If you guys want to feel better, Italy didn't qualify for the World Cup and they won one this century.

Definitely crushing for Italy to night make it, but that road to qualifying was more difficult than US’. No reasonable L’s to anyone in CONCACAF to any squad except Mexico and Costa.

Also that’s what Italy get for not calling up Mario Balotelli. Not that Balo is make or break, but I heard there was low-key racism going on.

Think Wenger is really gonna like what he sees from Pulisic, McKennie and Weah. He's gonna do great things for them when he eventually signs as USMNT manager

Rubin and Weston had great half.

Robinson is super fast and lanky. Never heard of dude. Overall please with the first half.

Signed me up for Wenger!!!

Back
Top Bottom