**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Going forward, who ever the coach is, he should runs with baby nats. I don’t want to see the old guard anymore, sans a few players.

also, you guys are gonna be upset if you're expecting an ambitious outsider hire

My realistic target is Jesse Marsch tbh

cc oldtakesexposed

Glad to see the young Turks gettin it... score should be higher doe... good to see Julian Green out there... looks ok too. Why are these youngins so quick to go to the he ground to try & recover the ball in the final third... One of the stupidest things I’ve seen in US footy...

Last edited:
Very pleased with the game today. Brings me hope for the future. Especially Robinson. The Brit has a complete game. I want to see more of him. CP10 needs a rest.

Solid, good performance all around, really no one looked outright bad...

Want to see these kids against better comp tho

Parks was interesting coming on, excited to see his growth. Olosunde, idk what the deal is with him tbh.

I thought McKinnie, Robinson, & Weah were the standout performers paticularly McKinnie. He was a beast in midfield breaking up the Bolivian attack with tackles & interceptions. This was my first good look at Weah & I’m a little surprised how raw he still looks. I know there were rumblings of him wanting to play more at P$G, not sure he’s ready for that given the quality ahead of him. If he wants regular time, he proly should get loaned out now. Gotta temper expectations since this wasn’t the normal team Bolivia would field.

Last edited:
Keaton Parks was another stand out. Forgot to mention him. He did well in subbing for Corona. It was good to see Julian Green who save for a couple of bad decisions, looked pretty good.

Keaton Parks was another stand out. Forgot to mention him. He did well in subbing for Corona. It was good to see Julian Green who save for a couple of bad decisions, looked pretty good.
Ever since his ill fated loan to Hamburg and his stumble, I've been rooting for him.

very happy with the match despite it being Bolivia's D-Team. Can't wait to see how they hold up in Europe.

I think that decision was made a long time ago, basically when he was 14 and was dropped from the USYNT set up; left the door open for El Tri and made it easy pickings.

Best of luck to him

Efrain sounds like a good and talented kid, I’m definitely not mad at his decision. Again, it’s the USSF’s decisions and lacking talent evaluation that led to stuff like this happening. Even a kid like Tim Weah, who’s talent was apparent in the recent friendly, wasn’t featured in the earlier U17 setups.

On a side note, I’m frustrated that they’re not going with Tom Byer’s grassroots pilot to help develop the youngins, for about six figures, but are going to drop $1B on an advanced stats evaluating company from Ireland. There’s kids in the US that don’t even have equal opportunities to grow in the sport, or play at competitive levels, because of finances yet they drop a billy like that.

Not impress with anyone today. Wood, same as always. Scored the goal, but nothing else. Hamid was really crappy today on goal. Not sure he’s the answer at goalkeeper.

I was out all night last night. I woke up and it was 80 mins in and I was so glad I missed most of the game. Can't wait to see us get washed by France next week :pimp:

3-0 at the minimum :lol:

Team was ridiculously flat today!

Against Bolivia they didn’t look like Americans playing soccer. This week they looked like Americans playing soccer.

The last 20 mins had to have been 95% Ireland and 5% us in possession time. I fully expect and wouldn’t even feel upset if we lose by 5 goals to France next week. IJS!

For some reason I think Jonathan coming out and saying he betrayed the US today, I think he was duped by the FMF and maybe they promised a spot on the WC roster, and now that it did not happen he feels he messed up.

Dude always played on the US under teams, and has a lot of friends with some of the current players. There is not doubt in my mind, he would playing with the baby nats right now, if he choose to stay.

I have low expectations for this match. I think we gonna get washed but I'll be pleased if they leave the pitch with a draw

Back
Top Bottom