**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

The fact that we are finally seeing a younger lineup with talent getting PT instead of a couple young guys and Bradley, Altidore, etc. helps ease the pain of not being in the WC for me.

tbh with the World Cup over, my loins are feeling better and my oats a little more sowed.

However, in this day and age of America still doesn't feel great to root for the USMNT what do we do here guys, pls help

politically, seeing how literally clownish those in power represent our country by their words and actions both home and abroad weigh on me greatly everyday; and in turn, has a great effect of my nationalistic pride not just in my day to day life (hell i have the flag tattooed on me) but how it feels as it pertains to rooting for the national team.

I guess for me I just find it very difficult and conflicting with how I view my own country and still want to cheer for our national side.

Yesterday, after France finally put a close to the WC, it felt almost like I could breathe again as a USMNT fan. With the events of this morning, it was another kick in the balls and return to reality to what this country is and all the associated feelings that come along with it and being a USMNT fan.

politically, seeing how literally clownish those in power represent our country by their words and actions both home and abroad weigh on me greatly everyday; and in turn, has a great effect of my nationalistic pride not just in my day to day life (hell i have the flag tattooed on me) but how it feels as it pertains to rooting for the national team.

I guess for me I just find it very difficult and conflicting with how I view my own country and still want to cheer for our national side.

Yesterday, after France finally put a close to the WC, it felt almost like I could breathe again as a USMNT fan. With the events of this morning, it was another kick in the balls and return to reality to what this country is and all the associated feelings that come along with it and being a USMNT fan.

You don’t have to agree with the politics or racial injustices going on to root for the team, in my opinion. Hopefully, that fool, Trump, won’t get re-elected, so he won’t even be in office by the next WC. If the players were standing with him/his ideologies then that would be a different story. Since they aren’t, I can root for them and temporarily be happy if they win :lol:. Besides, you know we have some good players coming through finally.

tbh with the World Cup over, my loins are feeling better and my oats a little more sowed.

However, in this day and age of America still doesn't feel great to root for the USMNT what do we do here guys, pls help
Rooting for the USMNT doesn’t have anything to do with approving or supporting that POS putin boot licker in office.

He doesn’t represent anything remotely close to the tenants this country was founded on. He's as unAmerican as you can possibly get.

Do your thing rck....

Last edited:
I enjoyed all the videos. Can't wait to see how these guys do as a collective. I just hope the next gaffer is nothing like Arenas. At the same time, I'm not gonna forget the USSF is in shambles

Last edited:
Yeah I’m pumped for the young bucks, especially Weah. Thanks for posting the RISING vids!

Next month's friendly at Metlife against Brazil should be very very interesting.

Sounds like powers that be are setting their sights on either Peter Vermes or Caleb Porter. Meh... Both scream sum lackies IMO...

If I had to choose of the names currently being bandied about, it would be Osorio or Tata.

Juan Carlos is an interesting candidate because he actually checks all the boxes for what you'd want in a US coach.
- mls experience.
- concacaf experience.
- NT experience.
- Could be effective with Latino dual nationals.
- Pushed El Tri players to ply their trade in Europe.
- Would not be a sum lackey.
- douchebag matt doyle at mls hates him so that's a huuuuuge plus in my book.

If I had my choice though, it would be Tata. Eff mls, come to the stars & stripes Tata!!!

I don't dislike JCO.... but he just reminds me of a *colombian Jurgen really; and tbf much of what I (still) like about Jurgen is what I like in JCO, but much of what i hated about Jurgen is also there with JCO.

So really idk how strongly I feel for or against JCO. Main thing I like is that he's more or less an outsider and an adversary to MLS :lol:

Honestly, I would be ok with the MLS guys like a Vermes or Porter, Marsch before he left for Germany. *sigh* the past year has really taken a toll on me and lowered my standards and expectations I guess.

Still would like to see Guus Hiddink

Last edited:
I don't dislike JCO.... but he just reminds me of a German Jurgen really; and tbf much of what I (still) like about Jurgen is what I like in JCO, but much of what i hated about Jurgen is also there with JCO.

So really idk how strongly I feel for or against JCO. Main thing I like is that he's more or less an outsider and an adversary to MLS :lol:

Honestly, I would be ok with the MLS guys like a Vermes or Porter, Marsch before he left for Germany. *sigh* the past year has really taken a toll on me and lowered my standards and expectations I guess.

Still would like to see Guus Hiddink
LMAO.... :rofl: First 2 sentences were gold. Weclome back rcksy... If you can tell by the avy pic, its psk... Decided to name change. I had been thinking about it for a while so I went ahead & did it.

LMAO.... :rofl: First 2 sentences were gold. Weclome back rcksy... If you can tell by the avy pic, its psk... Decided to name change. I had been thinking about it for a while so I went ahead & did it.
:lol: i meant *Colombian Jurgen

no but really he reminds me so much of Jurgen, from how he deals with the media to his weird tinkering and personal grudges, interesting tactics. I do think he's 10x the manager and tactician that Jurgen is tho.

and ya man, I just assumed it was you with the avy homie, hope you and your fam has had a good summer!

Back
Top Bottom