**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

At least the U20's defended their CONCACAF Championship today, beating Mexico in a second consecutive U20 final.

It's available to watch on the CONCACAF Go site if you register an email address:

https://www.concacafgo.com/cu20c/video/62722064-4d2d-4198-8434-7a846ab0fe5b

A lot of good prospects in this cohort, pool is deeper than the Pulisic x McKennie birth year and they continue to head off to Bundesliga academies.

Our Federation is in shambles but a lot of improved development going at youth level in the country in spite of USSF.

Thank u for the insight Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi

Get in here more often pls northoaklandfc northoaklandfc

I had all of this fall's senior friendlies on as background noise at some point in the days after they were played, but tonight's U20 game is the first game I've watched with any intent since June. :lol:

I can't invest time in the senior team until there is a coach in place at the very least. I don't even care that much who it is or his background. Name him, then let's evaluate his results over time.

Until then I'd rather just follow what the young guys are doing at club level.

I had all of this fall's senior friendlies on as background noise at some point in the days after they were played, but tonight's U20 game is the first game I've watched with any intent since June. :lol:

I can't invest time in the senior team until there is a coach in place at the very least. I don't even care that much who it is or his background. Name him, then let's evaluate his results over time.

Until then I'd rather just follow what the young guys are doing at club level.
tbh im 100% there. I'm all in on Berhalter or Vermes now fml fml fml

Gregg Berhalter...

giphy.gif

tbh I know this is an uninspiring, boring, annoying, frustrating hire, especially how long it took + the nepotism....

but I dont know that Berhalter is exactly a bad coach or a bad hire.

Time will tell I guess but im willing to give this guy a fair shake

Greg is a good guy, but not sure he is the one we need going forward. Its hard for me to imagine the ****ery going on the federation. Makes me not even want to watch the NT, SMH!

speaking of ****ery going in the federation...

Until there real change I am not buying another kit or ticket to a match :smh:

It's so frustrating knowing that we have the resources to be up there with the elite south american and european teams but na, they only care about their bottom line :angry: :smh:

It's so frustrating knowing that we have the resources to be up there with the elite south american and european teams but na, they only care about their bottom line :angry: :smh:
And tbh if they REALLY cared about their bottom line, they would fix the solidarity payment issues and the selling of academy players so that MLS clubs can properly function as a feeder entity if we are actually developing and selling youth players now

that video can be propaganda and Berhalter can still be a good manager tbh

one doesnt have to be exclusively right and the other wrong bro :lol:

His record does not reflect that. I know damn well you would not want him with the Spurs if Poch ever left :lol:. We're only over a month away till his first match with the team. He can do tactic videos all day idc, the biggest question is who he selects and will they carry out his philosophy. Then we can judge off that.

His record does not reflect that. I know damn well you would not want him with the Spurs if Poch ever left :lol:. We're only over a month away till his first match with the team. He can do tactic videos all day idc, the biggest question is who he selects and will they carry out his philosophy. Then we can judge off that.
ugh I think i've been roped into going to that game in Phx...........

still have all my USMNT stuff in my drawer of shame idk if its coming out anytime soon

Say what y'all want, I'm giving Berhalter a chance. The bigger issue here is still the culture of development when it comes to footy in the States. We have no identity that is tangible, so anyone that comes in will continue to be working to make lemonade from lemons. Personally I see glimpses/sparks of change, but unless we have a revolution I won't ever expect a dramatically different result.

Back
Top Bottom