**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Why does Bradley get another call up? Are all these coaches not see what I saw last time we tried to qualify to the WC?

Lets just roll with the young guys. No more Alti-crap, or Bradless. These dude dont ever deserve to be on the NT. period.

hell bring in Julian Green instead :frown:

No Young Weah, no WMK, no Sarge but Bradley gets yet another call up :smh:

Weston McKennie is on the roster, Weah hasn’t had much PT with Celtic and Sarge just made it to the first team for his club. Great to see someone like Roldan continue to get looks, very untraditional path to USMNT and works his butt off.

Berhalter said that he didn't call up Weah or Sargent for the friendlies because USSF wants them with the U23 Oly-qualifying team during that same break.

I dig the lineup. I have been reading that Morris is in good form. Let's see how he does tonight.

Arriola and Morris aren't bad tbh

but it kills us not having any dynamism in the wings that can take it to defenders and break them down. Arriola and Morris are prob better suited coming off the bench against tired legs or if we are trying to play bunker ball, as they're both pretty industrious runners.... but in this somewhat progressive tactical game plan Berhalter is attempting to have us play, idk that we can afford not having more capable wingers out there

Sargent and Weah’s absences makes sense due to U23 and Olympic qualifying, so my hope is they become the more dynamic options in the future.

Interesting showing so far.

Sargent and Weah’s absences makes sense due to U23 and Olympic qualifying, so my hope is they become the more dynamic options in the future.

Interesting showing so far.
tbh i think Weah is a solution out wide, and also maybe moving Pulisic out there and having a more boring option as a 10 like Lleget or something

A positive showing, it kind of felt like we actually had control of the game for the most part. And thats a new feeling.

I hope Mckennie is ok man.....

U23s loss to Egypt 0-2, SMH. Kreis was just hired, so I’m wondering who even prepped the guys prior...Tab Ramos?

U23s loss to Egypt 0-2, SMH. Kreis was just hired, so I’m wondering who even prepped the guys prior...Tab Ramos?

No prep most of the guys have never played together before. I watched about 20 minutes. Seemed like a bunch of individuals, Egypt much more cohesive.

Seems like the our roster was just scrambled together without much thought. There were guys showing up yesterday.

U20's tied France today 2 - 2. Doesn't look like it was broadcast anywhere.

Terrible start in the U20 World Cup, L to Ukraine 1-2. Chances were there and they were creative at times but couldn't execute. So frustrated seeing Konrad DLF send one from the right side straight to the middle, but no one running up in the box to finish. Weah did what he could, but Ukraine had a lot of bodies on him. Seems like Ramos is still trying to find the best way to utilize him. Alex Mendez had a good strike that just missed, other than that a really disappointing match that puts the young men in "must win" position on Tuesday.

Good first game, better second game. Overall good, just funny how they get these mental lapses thru out the game. I do agree with Lalas this might be the most skilled under 20 team we ever had.

Match was too close for comfort today, especially against a side like Qatar who is win less in group stage. There were a lot of reckless possessions that would've been costly against better squads.

Also aside from the beautiful touch/finish, Weah was underwhelming as well as Konrad. Alex Mendez being out for the next stage is a big loss for us. He had a rough day but the kid is the goods. Ulysses Llanez is also VERY good and I felt the match changed when he came in, hoping he sees a lot more action.

Anyways, I believe the boys build upon these past 3 matches and hope they're able to put it together because they're so talented. The 7-day FUBO free trial has been clutch for me, but sadly it's over this Saturday. For anyone on here who wants to follow for the next week, I'd recommend you sign up for the trial.

Last edited:
Watched all three games and this is the best the U20 group I've seen.

They're a little feral and more error prone than you might want but I imagine they're the youngest team in the entire tournament. They're by far the youngest team we've ever fielded at a World Cup.

Alex Mendez is gonna be star in Europe. He's going to be the guy somewhere.

De La Fuente looked exhausted today but he is the youngest player in the tournament, eligible for 2021 and the most dynamic player with the ball at feet that we've seen on a US youth team since Pulisic, except maybe Sergino Dest.

Chris Richards is a boss at this level. Please continue to give the Germans all our youths.

Chris Gloster has been ****ing perfect at LB, my only question is, can he do it against the top wingers on the continent? We'll get a step closer to finding out in Hannover this fall.

Weah did a Weah thing with his goal today, but overall I expected more from him so far given his experience. He's a guy who's better wide right now, but long term I wouldn't be surprised if his final form at senior level is as a ruthless poaching CF who bags a lot of goals.

I could continue on, a lot of guys who've played with qualities I like. This is by far the deepest group as well. Richie Ledezma at PSV is one of my favorites and can only get 6 minutes through the group stage. Down in LA, they'll tell you Uly Lannez is the top '01 in the country.

My only disappointments aside from some of Tab's management are small issues with the GKs and Chris Durkin.

Durkin to me is looking astoundingly below the level he should be at right now. Some of his errant passes have been shocking and his mobility has him looking like someone who might have matured early physically after his tournament first XI display at the U17WC.

DsLee DsLee we just recycling emails, I'll feed them a new one. I don't even think their algorithm cross references payment info.

northoaklandfc northoaklandfc I didn't even think about recycling emails haha! Good looking out. Gloster is definitely doing his thing back there, I hear Kobe Hernandez of the Galaxy's academy may be even better (!) but I haven't gotten a glimpse of him yet. Talent is most definitely there with these boys. France will be a test and if they pass, man will US Soccer's young men get opportunities unlike what we've ever seen from previous groups.

Glad I checked the schedule and was reminded the match against France is at 8:30am PST. Between U20 World Cup, Women's World Cup, Gold Cup and Copa America there's so much to watch this month. My body ready :smokin

Back
Top Bottom