**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Team gotta stop with this idiotic back passing. They get the ball to the final third and instead of crossing it in, they pass it back all the way to the defense. That just takes pressure off the Dutch and regroup on defense.

^ especially with how Ream and Zimmerman been passing out the back too. it's been terrible

Gifted them 3 goals. Leaving players wide open

My worry is this will be viewed as a success for Berhalter. Young team makes it to knockout round

all things considered, we can't be too upset. today was a let down but at the same time beating the Dutch would be a monster upset. can be proud of the group stage play and even today at times we played well. just critical errors and our weaknesses exposed by a much better team. we move on and hopefully improve with experience

I wasn't shocked that LVG outclassed GGG. I've been saying it's gonna happen. Proud of the boys though...except Haji. He has no business wearing that shirt. **** his fluke *** goal

So do things change if GGG brings in Pepi or Pefok? Not that they're faced a defense like the Dutch, but I gotta think they would fare better than Ferreira or Wright did. Also, not pulling Robinson when he was clearly hurt and already letting down his defensive duties was egregious. In any case, we need to fire Gregg and bring in a tactician. The kids are good enough technically that they can excel in the right system; GGG doesn't offer that system.

I felt like the 2nd goal conceded right at half, and the lapse on the 3rd with momentum and equalizer still insight kind of embodies one of the differences between the USMNT and the true current top nations in the world. Just overcoming the margins in this sport is something else.

Louis van Gaal, damn near a master class today. In a profession where managers live dozens of lives, and people tend to pick and choose which career segments matter mostly based on recency, what leagues they follow when, in the coaching world van Gaal is one of the best tacticians and system developers of his era. His mastery was on full display today.

Ake and Van Dijk, just world class. One is generational and the other maybe the most athletic CB in the world right now. Still, they were stress tested. We really played with the Netherlands today, but as we all know there are levels.

Evaluating the greater tournament performance, it's a great barometer.

Tied for the youngest team in the tournament.

We have better players than yesterday

We have virtually no depth and physical exhaustion isn't conducive to deep cup runs.

I imagine this team had one of the most concentrated distributions of player minutes in the tournament.

We have to score more.

Still I like this group a lot and I hope they continue to gain respect.

Only scoring two goals in three games was always going to come back and bite you.

Team needs to find a real striker. Haji's touch that sent the ball far from goal is a clear example why he shouldn't even be at a world cup.

Eventually the talent gap gets to you, no shame in losing to the Netherlands. Trajectory of the team is looking up, but the forward position needs to be addressed before 2026.

GGG needs to go. I appreciate his efforts and him rocking kicks on the sidelines Lol! , but we need a coach that can take this generation to the next level in 2026. Will that happen with the heads of US Soccer like Earnie or Brian?? We will find out.

So impressed by Matt Turner’s story, he’s such a damn dog.

On the manager situation, I think it’s time to move from GGG. I’m aware the roster/lineup stuff wasn’t all him but he was a big influence and the inability to adapt was terrible. Thank you, next.

Who’s the next crop of 17-18-19 year olds? USMNT gotta keep this momentum and keep growing the program with the next generation. Really feels like soccer is turning a corner in this country

Read a comment somewhere that summed up my feelings on GGG perfectly. He meet expectations but never exceeded them.

Unless he looks in the mirror and rethink some things about how he sets out teams to approach games there is a clear ceiling on how far this team goes with him

Hats off to LVG honestly. The game would have been completely different if CP scores that goal in the 3rd minute. But it is what it is.

LVG was more then ok with not having the ball. Which is strange when you think that the Netherlands are the more talented team. But he legit realized that the best chance for them to score was to let Zimmerman and Reem try to make incisive passes which were pretty much turnovers. They knew they would get impatient and be able to eat those turnovers. It really was a great strategy...this pays off though when you can be clinical in front of goal which they were too. But I never felt like despite defending a lot that they Netherlands were scrambling or putting in a ton of effort. They looked very well organized all game.

But yeah I was overall really pleased with how we looked. We actually played with the Netherlands. Like we didn't pack it in (granted we were down a goal and had too push). I think if we find a way to get Aaronson on the field with Weah and Pulisic it will be great for us. There are still gaps but it is looking brighter then it has in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom