Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Why does everyone always think May runs a lot? He stayed following oscar and hatton. Sometimes hes smart and uses his back up skills to catch a breather, or re-group, etc. Do yall expect this dude to steady be throwing and in the reaching range of his opponent? Come one guys, he is more defensive then offensive. He does hunt down his fighters like manny pac.

Another arguement that I remember talking about and reading is that he gets paid more for going the full rounds then a 2nd rd TKO. Hes Money Mayweather, do you think he wants to knock someone out, if he can i know, or go the full fight knowing hes winning every round and make that bread?

GotHoles - I think you might me right as I was thinking if anyone is gonna get knocked out its the 7th rd and on.

^^ um, i am 100% PBF supporter, but he DID NOT follow Oscar , you need to watch that fight son.

and well said, TraSoul... money uses the ring like no other :ht

^^ um, i am 100% PBF supporter, but he DID NOT follow Oscar , you need to watch that fight son.

and well said, TraSoul... money uses the ring like no other :ht

Trasoul - I agree with your response 99%. Well spoken good sir. I couldn't have put it better myself.

That 1% is that I think hes easily top 5, not top15.

Trasoul - I agree with your response 99%. Well spoken good sir. I couldn't have put it better myself.

That 1% is that I think hes easily top 5, not top15.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i got floyd winning by tko in the 7th

Nice take.. I agree although idk if floyd will finish it that early as he's always been a runner and will have to do this moreso with this guy as he has the power factor, he will time it out a little more and I think TKO to just being mutilated in the 9th.

I swear this is the main misconception that get's into his opponents' heads and have them in trouble. The key is "hit and don't get hit" and Floyd is the master of that as his counterpunching is legendary. Take the time to look at his post-fight interviews. You know how his face looks? The same as it did at the weigh in. His opponents' faces, on the other hand... That's on top of the fact that his opponents always give him his due respect post-fight. And it's easy to see why: It would be hard to use the excuse "he was running all night" on camera with a swollen face.

He's one of the best defensive boxers ever (at least top 15) and he seems quite comfortable on the ropes until he finds the timing to get out of there. There's a little handy device that's designed to keep boxers together. It's called the "ring." Some boxers know how to use it, some don't.

There it is, 100% Truth.

Nice take.. I agree although idk if floyd will finish it that early as he's always been a runner and will have to do this moreso with this guy as he has the power factor, he will time it out a little more and I think TKO to just being mutilated in the 9th.

I swear this is the main misconception that get's into his opponents' heads and have them in trouble. The key is "hit and don't get hit" and Floyd is the master of that as his counterpunching is legendary. Take the time to look at his post-fight interviews. You know how his face looks? The same as it did at the weigh in. His opponents' faces, on the other hand... That's on top of the fact that his opponents always give him his due respect post-fight. And it's easy to see why: It would be hard to use the excuse "he was running all night" on camera with a swollen face.

He's one of the best defensive boxers ever (at least top 15) and he seems quite comfortable on the ropes until he finds the timing to get out of there. There's a little handy device that's designed to keep boxers together. It's called the "ring." Some boxers know how to use it, some don't.

There it is, 100% Truth.

Yea, Oscar was throwing everything the first four rounds. Even had the crowd jumping and cheering thinking he was actually landing anything solid. Dude was throwing 5 - 6 punches in a row and hitting nothing but mitts and elbows.

Yea, Oscar was throwing everything the first four rounds. Even had the crowd jumping and cheering thinking he was actually landing anything solid. Dude was throwing 5 - 6 punches in a row and hitting nothing but mitts and elbows.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You guys really think Floyd has the punching power to mutilate some one?

Floyd will win every round. I say it goes the distance.

We all know the only way Victor wins is a knockout. No chance he out-points Floyd in a 12 round fight.
Basically. (Aside from the chance that Ortiz gets cut.)

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You guys really think Floyd has the punching power to mutilate some one?

Floyd will win every round. I say it goes the distance.

We all know the only way Victor wins is a knockout. No chance he out-points Floyd in a 12 round fight.
Basically. (Aside from the chance that Ortiz gets cut.)

I'm not sure what to take from this, are you trying to argue against what I'm saying or go along with it?
I mean runner in the sense that he is very active in the ring, I guess I chose the improper word as it was not mean to have the negative connotation that apparently has stuck to it.

I think Floyd is top notch at what he does, and he shows the world exactly how he works every fight and they still can't stop him. So he must be doing something right.

I'm not sure what to take from this, are you trying to argue against what I'm saying or go along with it?
I mean runner in the sense that he is very active in the ring, I guess I chose the improper word as it was not mean to have the negative connotation that apparently has stuck to it.

I think Floyd is top notch at what he does, and he shows the world exactly how he works every fight and they still can't stop him. So he must be doing something right.

There was that one round that Oscar was landing a couple jabs snapping Floyd's head back... after that for some reason he stopped jabbing.

There was that one round that Oscar was landing a couple jabs snapping Floyd's head back... after that for some reason he stopped jabbing.

AwG4K.jpg

is this real life?

I mean after seeing PAC smash mosely I then heard a interview where PAC said he could have eneded it rounds earlier but henwant to give the fans the most bang for their buck there is no doubt he is the best right now

I mean after seeing PAC smash mosely I then heard a interview where PAC said he could have eneded it rounds earlier but henwant to give the fans the most bang for their buck there is no doubt he is the best right now

Back
Top Bottom