Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

Thats apart of Floyds game playing possum up against the ropes. Remember thats how he set up Hatton and dropped him. Pac is a fast simultaneous puncher with more accuracy and power yeah. But i see him falling victim to what happened to Hatton.

Yea but Manny's chin is better than Hattan's, Margorito landed a clean Uppercut  on Manny and Manny didn't move. He has a better chance than I thought he did before I seen the fight sat. But Mayweather still has the upper hand in my opinion. I just pray they fight because I have to see that fight. Plus I want to hear the excuses if floyd wins... From all of floyd's haters.
laugh.gif

Lol I don't come to this thread much because many people in here no boxing knowledge whatsoever. They just started watching boxing in 2005.
First off Manny has been stopped cold twice in his career so let's not say Manny has a good chin. Also Antonio Margarito never stopped a decent boxer without the help of plaster which he do not have against Shane Mosley or Manny.

Second Mayweather uses the ropes to set up counter punches and check left hook. Manny will need to box Mayweather to win that fight. If he goes in thinking "i'm going to knock Mayweather out." like Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Victor Ortiz, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldimor, and Arturo Gatti did he will be beaten just like the rest.

Thanks for the I've been watching boxing for a ling time more casually tho. Just trying to throw out options for Manny. Floyd should beat him. I just don't think its going to be as easy as some may think. Let's just hope the fight. And I'm taking all bets from Pacman fans.

Thats apart of Floyds game playing possum up against the ropes. Remember thats how he set up Hatton and dropped him. Pac is a fast simultaneous puncher with more accuracy and power yeah. But i see him falling victim to what happened to Hatton.

Yea but Manny's chin is better than Hattan's, Margorito landed a clean Uppercut  on Manny and Manny didn't move. He has a better chance than I thought he did before I seen the fight sat. But Mayweather still has the upper hand in my opinion. I just pray they fight because I have to see that fight. Plus I want to hear the excuses if floyd wins... From all of floyd's haters.
laugh.gif

Lol I don't come to this thread much because many people in here no boxing knowledge whatsoever. They just started watching boxing in 2005.
First off Manny has been stopped cold twice in his career so let's not say Manny has a good chin. Also Antonio Margarito never stopped a decent boxer without the help of plaster which he do not have against Shane Mosley or Manny.

Second Mayweather uses the ropes to set up counter punches and check left hook. Manny will need to box Mayweather to win that fight. If he goes in thinking "i'm going to knock Mayweather out." like Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Victor Ortiz, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldimor, and Arturo Gatti did he will be beaten just like the rest.

Thanks for the I've been watching boxing for a ling time more casually tho. Just trying to throw out options for Manny. Floyd should beat him. I just don't think its going to be as easy as some may think. Let's just hope the fight. And I'm taking all bets from Pacman fans.

I'm not even gonna sit here and hate on Manny because he is a great and exciting fighter but y'all are gassing him majorly. He will be exposed if he steps in the ring with Mayweather. Until then I'll just enjoy watching both fighters do what they do and I'll leave the hating to the haters.

I'm not even gonna sit here and hate on Manny because he is a great and exciting fighter but y'all are gassing him majorly. He will be exposed if he steps in the ring with Mayweather. Until then I'll just enjoy watching both fighters do what they do and I'll leave the hating to the haters.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

please this dude hand picked every single one of his soft fights and gets tons of credit for it 
laugh.gif
 the guy is an amazing talent there is no disputing that but to me he has never faced any top rated boxer in their prime that you were like wow i need to watch this fight. his list compared to manny's is just a joke.

Oh god $%@+Let's not pretend pacquaio didn't fight 3 of the same fighters after floyd and let's not pretend Ortiz was not just champion Saturday morning
lets not pretend may never fought david diaz,miguel cotto,antonio margarito,erik morales,antonio barrera,juan manuel marquez in his prime. and joshua clottey. who did may fight,arturo gatti 
indifferent.gif
 zab judah 
indifferent.gif
 carlos baldomir 
roll.gif

chop chop corley 
laugh.gif
 and dont even say juan luis lopez who actually lost to alfonso gomez 
roll.gif
You're very naive fam.
David Diaz was just stopped cold by Hank Lundy a prospect on Friday Night Fights last month but he's good.

Miguel Cotto catchweight of 144 a career low for Cotto who has been reported to struggle at 147 because it's too draining on his body.

Antonio Margarito without plaster hands and after being dismantled by Paul Williams and Shane Mosley at a catchweight

Erik Morales beat Manny in his prime and the rematch was after Morales was dismantled by Zahir Raheem.

Joshua Clottey?!? When did he become a pound for pound fighter? Who by the way gained a following by beating who? You guess it Zab Judah. But he's not good right Tim?

Let's not also forget that Manny fought a drained De La Hoya who never fought at 147 since 2004, Hatton who was a lightweight (I noticed that a lot of Manny fans say this about Mayweather victory over Hatton) and after he was dismantled by Mayweather first, Shane Mosley who was beaten by Mayweather first and was fight a rehydration clause which prevented him to gain weight after the weigh-in. Mosley also begged Freddy Roach for a fight in 2009 after winning the welterweight title from Margarito and guess what Roach said? No! And what did Manny do next? Fight De La Hoya a fighter who was beat by Shane Mosley twice. Freddie Roach was quoted on tv saying We chose De La Hoya over Mosley because De La Hoya is no Mosley.

As Jay-Z said it best "Do you dudes listen to music or do you just skip threw it?"

I'm not a Mayweather fan my favorite fighter was Roy Jones Jr and Shane Mosley. However it pains me to see people talking about boxing without knowledge of the sport.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

please this dude hand picked every single one of his soft fights and gets tons of credit for it 
laugh.gif
 the guy is an amazing talent there is no disputing that but to me he has never faced any top rated boxer in their prime that you were like wow i need to watch this fight. his list compared to manny's is just a joke.

Oh god $%@+Let's not pretend pacquaio didn't fight 3 of the same fighters after floyd and let's not pretend Ortiz was not just champion Saturday morning
lets not pretend may never fought david diaz,miguel cotto,antonio margarito,erik morales,antonio barrera,juan manuel marquez in his prime. and joshua clottey. who did may fight,arturo gatti 
indifferent.gif
 zab judah 
indifferent.gif
 carlos baldomir 
roll.gif

chop chop corley 
laugh.gif
 and dont even say juan luis lopez who actually lost to alfonso gomez 
roll.gif
You're very naive fam.
David Diaz was just stopped cold by Hank Lundy a prospect on Friday Night Fights last month but he's good.

Miguel Cotto catchweight of 144 a career low for Cotto who has been reported to struggle at 147 because it's too draining on his body.

Antonio Margarito without plaster hands and after being dismantled by Paul Williams and Shane Mosley at a catchweight

Erik Morales beat Manny in his prime and the rematch was after Morales was dismantled by Zahir Raheem.

Joshua Clottey?!? When did he become a pound for pound fighter? Who by the way gained a following by beating who? You guess it Zab Judah. But he's not good right Tim?

Let's not also forget that Manny fought a drained De La Hoya who never fought at 147 since 2004, Hatton who was a lightweight (I noticed that a lot of Manny fans say this about Mayweather victory over Hatton) and after he was dismantled by Mayweather first, Shane Mosley who was beaten by Mayweather first and was fight a rehydration clause which prevented him to gain weight after the weigh-in. Mosley also begged Freddy Roach for a fight in 2009 after winning the welterweight title from Margarito and guess what Roach said? No! And what did Manny do next? Fight De La Hoya a fighter who was beat by Shane Mosley twice. Freddie Roach was quoted on tv saying We chose De La Hoya over Mosley because De La Hoya is no Mosley.

As Jay-Z said it best "Do you dudes listen to music or do you just skip threw it?"

I'm not a Mayweather fan my favorite fighter was Roy Jones Jr and Shane Mosley. However it pains me to see people talking about boxing without knowledge of the sport.

go look at mays resume,its c- at best. lets see the two fighters that gave may a threat were diego corales and jose luis castillo.not one fight with the erik morales ,barrera,or juan manuel marquez at the time,which pac was busy with in their prime.unlike roy jones who really had no top quality fighters in his weight class,may had tons just for some reason never fought them. now you tell me how can you be the greatest when you never fought the best contenders?

Yo shutup b you have no idea what you talkin bout right now
laugh.gif
u look foolish

go look at mays resume,its c- at best. lets see the two fighters that gave may a threat were diego corales and jose luis castillo.not one fight with the erik morales ,barrera,or juan manuel marquez at the time,which pac was busy with in their prime.unlike roy jones who really had no top quality fighters in his weight class,may had tons just for some reason never fought them. now you tell me how can you be the greatest when you never fought the best contenders?

Yo shutup b you have no idea what you talkin bout right now
laugh.gif
u look foolish

Lulz people saying i sound foolish but know damn well its true.may always selected each fight he was in and it never was against anyone that could actually give him a challenge.yall give this dude too much credit,ill praise him once he fights a top contnder and stops ducking manny.

Lulz people saying i sound foolish but know damn well its true.may always selected each fight he was in and it never was against anyone that could actually give him a challenge.yall give this dude too much credit,ill praise him once he fights a top contnder and stops ducking manny.

i swear yall crack me up now Ortiz didnt deserve a shot at money? he was the champ
laugh.gif
why are we in this thread if he didnt deserve a shot?

Nike got dudes trippen!

i swear yall crack me up now Ortiz didnt deserve a shot at money? he was the champ
laugh.gif
why are we in this thread if he didnt deserve a shot?

Nike got dudes trippen!

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Oh the irony!  You see, this is how you know the who's a hypocrite and who's not. Who's a fan and who's a stan!
30t6p3b.gif

Bro... you just pretty much exposed yourself! You're listening to everything that Pretty Boy Floyd says (Yes, PBF! Not Money... the real spectators know Mayweather as PBF)

Anyway, how the hell you gonna say everybody in this thread just started watching after 2005 and have no boxing knowledge after making a bold statement like that?

Yes! Manny did lose twice before losing to Morales... BUT he lost those fights when he was just a teenager! And of those 2 fights, he didn't get knocked out by a punch to the chin. BOTH fights he lost was because he got his air knocked out! (Both a lucky uppercut to the stomach)

Yes, Manny did lack core strength when he was a teen... which is why since then, he's been doing a lot of core exercises so that doesn't happen again! But he's never been knocked down from a punch to the jaw!

So yes again... Manny DOES have a chin! That little man can take a punch!

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Oh the irony!  You see, this is how you know the who's a hypocrite and who's not. Who's a fan and who's a stan!
30t6p3b.gif

Bro... you just pretty much exposed yourself! You're listening to everything that Pretty Boy Floyd says (Yes, PBF! Not Money... the real spectators know Mayweather as PBF)

Anyway, how the hell you gonna say everybody in this thread just started watching after 2005 and have no boxing knowledge after making a bold statement like that?

Yes! Manny did lose twice before losing to Morales... BUT he lost those fights when he was just a teenager! And of those 2 fights, he didn't get knocked out by a punch to the chin. BOTH fights he lost was because he got his air knocked out! (Both a lucky uppercut to the stomach)

Yes, Manny did lack core strength when he was a teen... which is why since then, he's been doing a lot of core exercises so that doesn't happen again! But he's never been knocked down from a punch to the jaw!

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by BC2310

If he's so good why doesn't he fight Pac regardless of the tests? *IF* Pac is on teh juice it's a flaw in the sport of boxing and the boxing/athletic commissions. 
Floyd isn't on the commission, he shouldn't be able to make up rules as he goes along. He should be criticizing the commission for not having accurate enough tests/procedures to eliminate PEDs.

He is the face of boxing, right? He should try to clean up the sport. If one of the top 2 boxers on the planet has been able to get away with juicing for the majority of his career it makes the sport that he's the face of look like a joke. 

He would not only go down as the GOAT he'd also go down as the guy who took a stand against janky athletic commissions and help implement a new testing procedure to expose cheaters. It would add tremendously to his legacy. 

No doubt Floyd is nice, maybe the nicest. Maybe not. I hope we'll be able find out...

This post is so bad its shocking.
Tell me more. 
It seems like PBF could simply say "I'm not going to box again until new test and procedures are implemented across the board for every level of professional fight" then not only would Pac have to test his way. Every boxer that stepped foot in the ring would have to. This would put an end to, or severely hinder what seems to be a huge problem in the sport. He could bring it the masses through ESPN and YT, the commission would have to acknowledge that the system is flawed and needs revising. He states that Pac's weight gain over the years makes it obvious he's on something. So obviously they need new testing. What am I missing?  

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by BC2310

If he's so good why doesn't he fight Pac regardless of the tests? *IF* Pac is on teh juice it's a flaw in the sport of boxing and the boxing/athletic commissions. 
Floyd isn't on the commission, he shouldn't be able to make up rules as he goes along. He should be criticizing the commission for not having accurate enough tests/procedures to eliminate PEDs.

He is the face of boxing, right? He should try to clean up the sport. If one of the top 2 boxers on the planet has been able to get away with juicing for the majority of his career it makes the sport that he's the face of look like a joke. 

He would not only go down as the GOAT he'd also go down as the guy who took a stand against janky athletic commissions and help implement a new testing procedure to expose cheaters. It would add tremendously to his legacy. 

No doubt Floyd is nice, maybe the nicest. Maybe not. I hope we'll be able find out...

This post is so bad its shocking.
Tell me more. 
It seems like PBF could simply say "I'm not going to box again until new test and procedures are implemented across the board for every level of professional fight" then not only would Pac have to test his way. Every boxer that stepped foot in the ring would have to. This would put an end to, or severely hinder what seems to be a huge problem in the sport. He could bring it the masses through ESPN and YT, the commission would have to acknowledge that the system is flawed and needs revising. He states that Pac's weight gain over the years makes it obvious he's on something. So obviously they need new testing. What am I missing?  

i agree 100% with all of tims post. everyone acts like they should only know a fighter from there last 5 fights or something. look in the beginning of there careers and do some homework. pacquiao fought a few undefeated fighters and gave them there first loss. everyone here that thinks they know pac is probably because of the pac after his fight with barrera. thats when he was known in the states. but before that he was already handling fools overseas. and so what youre going to judge his career after the barrera fight to now?

i agree 100% with all of tims post. everyone acts like they should only know a fighter from there last 5 fights or something. look in the beginning of there careers and do some homework. pacquiao fought a few undefeated fighters and gave them there first loss. everyone here that thinks they know pac is probably because of the pac after his fight with barrera. thats when he was known in the states. but before that he was already handling fools overseas. and so what youre going to judge his career after the barrera fight to now?

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Bruh didn't I son you in the boxing post last time you were talking that Manny non-sense?
You're wild if you think that i'm saying everything that Floyd says. I've been on record a number of times saying that i'm not a Mayweather fan. 

So Manny lost a fight in 2005 to Morales he was born in 1978 which means he's 27 at this time but he's a teenager? 

The guy he was KO'ed by was Medgoen Singsurat who ended his career at 23-2 with 19 KO's but his win means nothing yet people will say "oh Mayweather had trouble with Luis Castillo."

Then the other guy he was stopped by Manny wanted a catchweight of 111 and Manny was found to be using heavier gloves and was fined.

I think you should just stop taking boxing with me.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Bruh didn't I son you in the boxing post last time you were talking that Manny non-sense?
You're wild if you think that i'm saying everything that Floyd says. I've been on record a number of times saying that i'm not a Mayweather fan. 

So Manny lost a fight in 2005 to Morales he was born in 1978 which means he's 27 at this time but he's a teenager? 

The guy he was KO'ed by was Medgoen Singsurat who ended his career at 23-2 with 19 KO's but his win means nothing yet people will say "oh Mayweather had trouble with Luis Castillo."

Then the other guy he was stopped by Manny wanted a catchweight of 111 and Manny was found to be using heavier gloves and was fined.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The guy he was KO'ed by was Medgoen Singsurat who ended his career at 23-2 with 19 KO's but his win means nothing yet people will say "oh Mayweather had trouble with Luis Castillo"

laugh.gif
Kid shut up! You never sonned me, and you never will! You exposed yourself already my dude! You must got me confused with somebody else kid!

And what the HELL are you talking about bringing Manny's age when he fought Morales? READ MY POST KID! I was responding to you because you said Manny doesn't have a chin because he's been knocked out twice BEFORE his lost with Morales.

When I simply stated FACTS that he didn't get knocked out by a hit to jaw, but a uppercut to the stomach. Which I ALSO PROVIDED WHEN he lost those fights! His first lost was in 1996 (But remember, Manny's birthday is in December, so don't forget to add that to the mix) so go ahead and bust out your calculator and find out his age.
laugh.gif
Nice try champ!

Oh.. and what a neat helpful info you provided there! Where did you copy & paste that from? Wikipedia?
roll.gif

Don't get to offended bro... you know damn right what I posted was real! You know you didn't know NOTHING about those 2 other losses until PBF brought it up!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The guy he was KO'ed by was Medgoen Singsurat who ended his career at 23-2 with 19 KO's but his win means nothing yet people will say "oh Mayweather had trouble with Luis Castillo"

laugh.gif
Kid shut up! You never sonned me, and you never will! You exposed yourself already my dude! You must got me confused with somebody else kid!

And what the HELL are you talking about bringing Manny's age when he fought Morales? READ MY POST KID! I was responding to you because you said Manny doesn't have a chin because he's been knocked out twice BEFORE his lost with Morales.

When I simply stated FACTS that he didn't get knocked out by a hit to jaw, but a uppercut to the stomach. Which I ALSO PROVIDED WHEN he lost those fights! His first lost was in 1996 (But remember, Manny's birthday is in December, so don't forget to add that to the mix) so go ahead and bust out your calculator and find out his age.
laugh.gif
Nice try champ!

Oh.. and what a neat helpful info you provided there! Where did you copy & paste that from? Wikipedia?
roll.gif

Don't get to offended bro... you know damn right what I posted was real! You know you didn't know NOTHING about those 2 other losses until PBF brought it up!

i started to watch at pac/morales 1. i only know as much as i know.

some of you in here just have louder opinions than others.

floyd > pac...but he aint leaps and bounds further. maybe in technical skill, but dont act like pac is nothing to boxing.

seems like a lot of you cant sit well with having more than one good fighter. there can only be one.

Back
Top Bottom