Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

[h1]Sources: Randolph part of trade talks[/h1]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com
Archive

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors have had discussions about a trade that would send forward Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the talks.

3455.jpg

A. Randolph

No trade is imminent, but the Timberwolves have strong interest in acquiring the 20-year-old Randolph. The Warriors, who own the sixth pick in this year's NBA draft, would like to move up to get a higher selection. Minnesota has the fourth pick.

The 6-10 Randolph, who left LSU after one season, played only 33 games last season, averaging 11.6 points and 6.5 rebounds before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

In December, ESPN.com reported that the Warriors had interest in dealing Randolph and that the team and representatives of Randolph had met to discuss concerns over Randolph's playing time. The team reportedly was unhappy with his maturity.

"If Golden State wants to trade Anthony, we're not opposed to that," his agent, Bill Duffy, said in December. "He hasn't asked for or demanded a trade, but if the Warriors feel it would be beneficial to them to trade him, we wouldn't be opposed to that at all."

Golden State has asked a high price for Randolph in the past. A team source said that continues to be the case.

Minnesota is high on Randolph and has been monitoring his offseason workouts in Dallas, his hometown. Randolph, who weighed 210 pounds last season, has added 20 pounds of muscle, according to two sources.

The discussions between the two clubs took place last week when several teams, including the Warriors, sent representatives to Minnesota to watch 42 potential draft picks work out at the Timberwolves' practice facility.

Link

Awesome... real trade rumor content! Get it done.

He's added 20 lbs. of muscle. He's a PF/big. The speculation of him at SF is off, IMO. He'd be a perfect PF to run with Rubio. I'd love a Love/Randolph/Cousins trio of bigs (deal Jefferson).

How do you except to get Randolph without giving up your draft pick? So pairing Randolph with Cousins is a moot point.

How do you expect to get the #4 draft pick by just giving up Anthony Randolph?
laugh.gif

The #6 is the worst high draft pick in this year's draft, if that makes sense. Everyone knows it's a five-player draft and there's no way Kahn agrees to moving down just two spots for Anthony Randolph, when Minnesota already has a glut at the PF position anyway.

The article is just speculating knowing the Warriors are trying to move up, but I'm 100% confident it's just a precursor for a Al Jefferson to GSW trade. Y'all have been rumored to be looking for a post for a while now, and writers in the bay said a week or so back that they had a feeling that your execs were already calling ours for Al Jefferson.

It wouldn't be Randolph for Jefferson straight up.  That's all I was getting it.  Picks would be involved as well as other players. 

But you get a kick out of putting together fantasy lineup so I probably shouldn't have interrupted your fun.
laugh.gif

If all GMs just did it like me, those lineups could be reality.
laugh.gif
... or maybe the NT mock drafts in here are filled with idiots. Who knows.
laugh.gif

What about Monta and Randolph for Al Jefferson, #16, future first rounder.

It's the Timberwolves, so that future first rounder will turn into a Top 5 pick if you think about it.

So let's just say Al Jefferson, #16, #5... what more do you guys want?

People forget Al Jefferson averaged 23 and 11 just a year ago. It usually takes guys who suffer major knee injuries more than a year to recover, so if you're going off of his production this year, I think that's a mistake. He should be back to or close to what he was in 08-09 once November rolls around.

The package of Monta and Randolph (two very popular players) wouldn't be an easy pill to swallow for Warriors fans.

I would have to assume if we get Jefferson, we'd have to give up one of our bigs. Having Jefferson AND Biedrins who together earn over $20 million a year isn't logical.

These two teams want to make a deal but I honestly don't see a trade that favors both teams. All scenarios are one-sided.

Whether he puts up a 20 and 10 on a nightly basis doesnt matter, hes still a black hole offensively, point blank.

if a deal was to be monta and swap of picks, i think anyone would be more then happy to have that deal done.

and while the talent level drops off tremendously after the 5, its not necessarily a "top 5 draft" like you mentioned.

if the warriors are able to swoop up DeMarcus, it'll be a considered a successful draft imo.

Yeah, putting up 23 and 11 at the age of 24 doesn't matter

Back
Top Bottom