Official Washington Wizards Rebranding / Offseason Thread

I'd like to see Booker stay. Williams would be an excellent draft pick...we still need another center though.

In terms of active un-restricted free agents this summer..I'm not too impressed w/ the list, but there may be a few guys who can help.. We need to clear house ASAP like most would agree.

It's unrealistic that we'll luck up w/ a higher pick than expected two years in a row. We're likely going to be picking after Williams is off the board. I don't know what to do in this draft. After Irving and Williams it's a toss up. Every mock I've seen seems to have Kanter or that Lithuanian dude getting drafted here and it's a realistic scenario if we stay in our current slot and don't trade the pick.

It's unrealistic that we'll luck up w/ a higher pick than expected two years in a row. We're likely going to be picking after Williams is off the board. I don't know what to do in this draft. After Irving and Williams it's a toss up. Every mock I've seen seems to have Kanter or that Lithuanian dude getting drafted here and it's a realistic scenario if we stay in our current slot and don't trade the pick.

^
We got multiple picks though.

So if the league ain't locked out, trades maybe?

Trade for what/who is another topic...
laugh.gif

^
We got multiple picks though.

So if the league ain't locked out, trades maybe?

Trade for what/who is another topic...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's unrealistic that we'll luck up w/ a higher pick than expected two years in a row.
Larry Johnson, then Alonzo Morning the following year...

Shaq, then Webber (traded for Penny) the following year...

You never know.

Ain't like we won 30 games last season.  We were terrible according to Bullets in the 90s standards.

I'm hoping we get #4 - #6, then trade that pick with additional picks to move up.  I know that probably more NBA 2k Association Mode than reality, but, I'm hopeful.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's unrealistic that we'll luck up w/ a higher pick than expected two years in a row.
Larry Johnson, then Alonzo Morning the following year...

Shaq, then Webber (traded for Penny) the following year...

You never know.

Ain't like we won 30 games last season.  We were terrible according to Bullets in the 90s standards.

I'm hoping we get #4 - #6, then trade that pick with additional picks to move up.  I know that probably more NBA 2k Association Mode than reality, but, I'm hopeful.

Such a weak draft this year though, Williams will be gone by the second pick. What's free agency looking like (any decent players) or is upcoming lockout gonna affect that?

Such a weak draft this year though, Williams will be gone by the second pick. What's free agency looking like (any decent players) or is upcoming lockout gonna affect that?

Maybe i'm looking in to this too much, but I found it a bit curious that neither Blatche or Nick Young were included in the rebranding yesterday. They weren't at the presser or featured in the photos around the VC (McGee, Crawford, Wall, and Booker were). Remember, Ted made comments late in the season about the "new" Big 3 which included Wall, Crawford, and Blatche. I think most people kinda raised their eyebrows at the Blatche inclusion in that trio....my personal feelings is that Ted wants to drive up Blatche's trade value as much as possible. He did the same thing w. Gil last year in saying all the right things about the guy. Most people would agree that team morale and chemistry would improve 100% with some of these knuckleheads off the roster....it starts w. Blatche IMO.

oh yeah...did yall see that Blatche was promoting "Lapdance Tuesdays" at Cameo nightclub in Miami last week? Well, the Wizards FO wasn't too pleased....

"The Wizards being associated with that is unacceptable. We made sure we got that taken down. We're not happy with that, and neither is he. The way those things tend to happen are not well understood. Sometimes celebrities get an appearance fee, and someone goes and markets them.

Maybe i'm looking in to this too much, but I found it a bit curious that neither Blatche or Nick Young were included in the rebranding yesterday. They weren't at the presser or featured in the photos around the VC (McGee, Crawford, Wall, and Booker were). Remember, Ted made comments late in the season about the "new" Big 3 which included Wall, Crawford, and Blatche. I think most people kinda raised their eyebrows at the Blatche inclusion in that trio....my personal feelings is that Ted wants to drive up Blatche's trade value as much as possible. He did the same thing w. Gil last year in saying all the right things about the guy. Most people would agree that team morale and chemistry would improve 100% with some of these knuckleheads off the roster....it starts w. Blatche IMO.

oh yeah...did yall see that Blatche was promoting "Lapdance Tuesdays" at Cameo nightclub in Miami last week? Well, the Wizards FO wasn't too pleased....

"The Wizards being associated with that is unacceptable. We made sure we got that taken down. We're not happy with that, and neither is he. The way those things tend to happen are not well understood. Sometimes celebrities get an appearance fee, and someone goes and markets them.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Maybe i'm looking in to this too much, but I found it a bit curious that neither Blatche or Nick Young were included in the rebranding yesterday. They weren't at the presser or featured in the photos around the VC (McGee, Crawford, Wall, and Booker were).
Good info. 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Maybe i'm looking in to this too much, but I found it a bit curious that neither Blatche or Nick Young were included in the rebranding yesterday. They weren't at the presser or featured in the photos around the VC (McGee, Crawford, Wall, and Booker were).
Good info. 
embarassed.gif

Bullets/Wizards drafting a 6'6" natural PG.........

Not a "forced" Penny, Jeryl Sasser, Jim Jackson, Steve Smith, or any other "tall" guard with some playmaking ability given the tag forcefully.

Interesting -- forgot the kid was still a kid and still growing/maturing.

Who'd thought it?

Bullets/Wizards drafting a 6'6" natural PG.........

Not a "forced" Penny, Jeryl Sasser, Jim Jackson, Steve Smith, or any other "tall" guard with some playmaking ability given the tag forcefully.

Interesting -- forgot the kid was still a kid and still growing/maturing.

Who'd thought it?

hopefully we get a good number 2 for wall its kinda sad the team was actually a play off team for 2 seasons so hoping to get back to that

hopefully we get a good number 2 for wall its kinda sad the team was actually a play off team for 2 seasons so hoping to get back to that

Back
Top Bottom