OFFICIAL WDYWT THREAD VOL. JANUARY 2012. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

DOPE Etonics, NB, and Reeboks posted

Proto- Clean Asics

I want to get more into non nike brands this year, inexpensive and more comfort... (minus the RF releases and hyped up collabos)

MLK Kobe V
smokin.gif

I understand the quality being better...what I'm asking is I see dudes post og jays and they don't even have toe creases like there being tried on and not worn...even the playoff 12's you posted look good but you can see minor creasing which is expected when you wear your kicks...I'm just curious how some have none? It's not important but thanks for answering guys...

@b sox the pats are going to have ray lewis crying on the side lines like I should have retired...lol he's a hell of a player but he's going to end his career with one ring

Originally Posted by Jay Jetson617

I understand the quality being better...what I'm asking is I see dudes post og jays and they don't even have toe creases like there being tried on and not worn...even the playoff 12's you posted look good but you can see minor creasing which is expected when you wear your kicks...I'm just curious how some have none? It's not important but thanks for answering guys...

@b sox the pats are going to have ray lewis crying on the side lines like I should have retired...lol he's a hell of a player but he's going to end his career with one ring
Wearable shoe trees, and stuffing them after each wear.

@YoungSk8 how does those duckboots feel??? thinking about picking up a pair... do they feel like a quality winter boot??

^I'm in L.A. Idk what real winter weather is lol but they are comfy and they feel like they can stand up to the cold conditions that the states have to offer.

@verse those dunks are dope man...
@NT i have a question how do the ones who wear og jays stop the toe from creasing when you wear them?
southwesthouston wears some things in his shoes....can't remember what they are called though?

why can't people get the no pic quoting???

Neek is that the Mitchell and Ness collab jacket? sickkk

Originally Posted by ThaSneakerologist

Wearable shoe trees, and stuffing them after each wear.

What no one has mentioned is that, in the case of the OG XIIs, which I too own, you paid for the quality in 1997. My sticker price reads $130, which in those times was a lot for sneakers. That being said, with the cost of materials, including raw, as well as tariffs and standards of living, if you wanted the 1997 quality in 2012, you'd be dropping $300 for them and Jordan Brand decreases their profit margins. Thus, Jordan Brand makes them 'affordable.'

Quality being better doesn't really translate to less creasing. All the original jordans creased just like the retros do. I imagine in the cases you're bringing up, those folks just haven't worn those pairs often enough to put creases on them. When I wear something older, it's light walking and sitting. That helps me keep older stuff looking good, but maybe they got tape on their soles or cutouts over their toes, I have no idea. Their pairs all looked amazing though. All the 94 releases that have been posted look great.

first post in a while.....winter time in the chi means boots and tough kicks. this has been my daily rotation for the past two weeks.
DTRT AJ1 & Air tallac light  & Foam boot & Toro bravo 5 3M & LDRS1354xadi_orignals forum mid moccasins

i cannot take those moccasins off...prolly will be rocking em all week.

didn't JB improve the 13's tho, with the creasing?

thought by all accounts, the 13's starting with the flints, a lil' over a year ago, have all had less creasing than previous versions, including the OG's (which creased like all hell)...

Back
Top Bottom