Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

IMG_20201215_163743.jpg
wish we would have seen this.

Always wanted these 9's. Best lookin versions of 'em.

Sure looks like it!

Where in the hell did you find this? Never seen it before...Even back in the days when I was running all the banned air ship stuff down in this thread...
Pic someone is selling on EBAY. I looked it over several times, got my pair out and all. I just know those are not ships. But have always been under impression metallics were never worn by him.

Pic someone is selling on EBAY. I looked it over several times, got my pair out and all. I just know those are not ships. But have always been under impression metallics were never worn by him.

Nice find!

Those are definitely 1’s in that pic for sure...You can see the extra bottom leather lace piece thing or whatever you call it...Plus the broken color blocking on the ankle area...Always a good day when a new pic of MJ turns up...Especially one with him wearing a pair of kicks he’s never been pictured wearing before...

That’s why it’s always a good assumption that if a colorway existed back during these original model runs, then he probably wore it...At one point he was the most photographed person in the world so just imagine the amount of photographs that are out there that have never been seen yet...

That photo has made the rounds on social media. It’s also from a poster from the 1980s. MJ is wearing an Air Jordan 1 in White/Red w/ Black Wings Logos. It’s also got red on white Nike tongue tags and is a PE he wore on the last game of his rookie season against the NJ Nets on April 13, 1985.

That photo has made the rounds on social media. It’s also from a poster from the 1980s. MJ is wearing an Air Jordan 1 in White/Red w/ Black Wings Logos. It’s also got red on white Nike tongue tags and is a PE he wore on the last game of his rookie season against the NJ Nets on April 13, 1985.
Been waiting for you on this. lol. I knew I had seen this pic before.

My question is if this is the only pic, how can you see all that? There has to be something else to go on out there.

It's tough. I have this weird fascination of logging shoes to the games he's played and this one came in passing awhile back. The photo was used for a 1988 Starline series poster but the photo was taken by Noren Trotman on April 13, 1985 when the Bulls played against the New Jersey Nets in the last regular season game. It's the only game, to my knowledge, that he's worn this colorway of the AJ 1. Photo matching is a ***** sometimes but I'm sure it's correct.

1988 starline.jpg

Was digging through some old pics, and found a MUCH better shot of the OG sample 6's with the toe rand and giant elastic tongue. Not sure where it came from, but here it is...

Screenshot_20210219-132408.png
ip6itd2dpu15tdxjim7l.jpg

Same day photoshoot. As much as this pic drove the whole thing for me, I am glad those early samples stayed just that.

ip6itd2dpu15tdxjim7l.jpg

Same day photoshoot. As much as this pic drove the whole thing for me, I am glad those early samples stayed just that.

Correct haha. I commented on them when you posted it. I was trying to follow up and meant I wasn't sure where *I* got it.

And yeah, definitely glad they went back to the drawing board.

5bc6d9d2b19840b535f7278de2667e63.jpg

Speaking of early samples/prototypes, I really would love to see this.

I’d take any OG colorway, including these samples, in the 85 mold to be honest...

Speaking of samples...I completely forgot the OG lineup pic that’s been floating around NT for at least 15 years now 😂...The pair from your pic and that MJO23DAN MJO23DAN broke down for us is #6...

7233F1F2-0EA4-40A9-ADDA-61C6A7EBB5C4.jpeg

The 1 is probably the most mysterious of all that MJ wore. You had the sample AIR JORDAN font on the side, then the wings logo with NIKE on top, the "1.5"s with the diff mid outsole, then the finished version.

Back
Top Bottom