Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Can anyone provide a pic of MJ wearing the Air Jordan XII white/red with the home uniform (back in the days that meant white, not red, not black, not green, not any special uniform, just white with red lettering!)? I only found pics of him with the red away uni or the black alternate jersey. It seems at homes games he only wore the white/black XII.

By the way: has anyone an idea when he wore red and when he wore black elbow bands?

^he only wore the Wht/red XII on the road. Same for the wht/red XIII except for one game on his birthday vs the pacers.

Can anyone provide a pic of MJ wearing the Air Jordan XII white/red with the home uniform (back in the days that meant white, not red, not black, not green, not any special uniform, just white with red lettering!)? I only found pics of him with the red away uni or the black alternate jersey. It seems at homes games he only wore the white/black XII.

By the way: has anyone an idea when he wore red and when he wore black elbow bands?
^he only wore the Wht/red XII on the road. Same for the wht/red XIII except for one game on his birthday vs the pacers.

Yes and no to both...

He did in fact wear the White / Black XII for every home game in the 96-97 regular season...He also wore the White / Red XII for every away game in the 96-97 season...

Thing is he also wore the White / Red's with the home unis as well...During a rematch with the Sonics in the 96-97 preseason...

Slightly better look on this playing card...

Last edited:

Yes and no to both...

He did in fact wear the White / Black XII for every home game in the 96-97 regular season...He also wore the White / Red XII for every away game in the 96-97 season...

Thing is he also wore the White / Red's with the home unis as well...During a rematch with the Sonics in the 96-97 preseason...

REPPED. didn't know about the pre-season, even though im not sure it looks like they're playing in Chicago :nerd:, they did wear the home unis for an exibition in Paris before the 97-98 season.

oh, and he DID NOT wear the wht/red XII for EVERY road game... :wink:

Last edited:
REPPED. didn't know about the pre-season, even though im not sure it looks like they're playing in Chicago :nerd:, they did wear the home unis for an exibition in Paris before the 97-98 season.

oh, and he DID NOT wear the wht/red XII for EVERY road game... :wink:

Absolutely right he didn't!

Completely forgot about that pic and I've used it dozens of times over the years :lol:...

REPPED. didn't know about the pre-season, even though im not sure it looks like they're playing in Chicago
nerd.gif
, they did wear the home unis for an exibition in Paris before the 97-98 season.

oh, and he DID NOT wear the wht/red XII for EVERY road game...
wink.gif
MJ with the leg warmers.

To my knowledge there's only one photo out there that shows MJ wearing the wht/red 13's (him side by side with Reggie Miller)

Last edited:

86-87 Air Jordan II high  all season, wht/black-red for road games and the wht/red-grey all home games, he also used oth black and white laces for the wht/black-red

87-88 Air Jordan II lows until all-star weekend, once again wht/black-red on the road, wht/red-grey at home, wht/cement IIIs for the rest of the regular season, then fire red IIIs for the playoffs
FYI, watching Bulls vs Hawks from late in the '86/87 season and he's definitely wearing the lows.

To my knowledge there's only one photo out there that shows MJ wearing the wht/red 13's (him side by side with Reggie Miller)
There are 100s of photos of him in the 13s. He wore them in several big RS games (at SEA, at LAL, at ATL, at BOS, etc etc). These were his last ever visits to these cities as a Bull and the photographers were out in force.

^i think that conversation was wearing them at home, notice all those games you mentioned were road games.

^^as far as those II lows at the end of the season, that's not surprising to see being that he also wore the lows against Boston in the playoffs.

There are 100s of photos of him in the 13s. He wore them in several big RS games (at SEA, at LAL, at ATL, at BOS, etc etc). These were his last ever visits to these cities as a Bull and the photographers were out in force.

I know that. But photos of him wearing the white/red 13's for that one regular season home game are few.

FYI, watching Bulls vs Hawks from late in the '86/87 season and he's definitely wearing the lows.

Reps to you Shab...That's the first pic I can recall seeing of MJ actually wearing the White / Red lows in an NBA game, and I pride myself on scouring the internet to find obscure shots of the mans shoes...Well done good sir...

Low's of course...

All of MJ's shoes from this point on were essentially mid tops and of course he occasionally wore a pair of lows for certain models (XI's, XIII's)...

i don't think i have ever seen an in game pic of mj wearing the white/red aj2 low

this pic above is the white/black-red aj2 low

can someone please find a pic if it exists of mj wearing the white/red aj2 low in game?
would greatly appreciate it

ill do you one better...

vegetaray123 vegetaray123

Last edited:
He wore the White/red II lows mainly at home during the second half of the '86-87 season and rotated them in and out home and away during the '87-88 season until All-Star break. Suprisingly, photos of him wearing said shoe at home are pretty scarce right now. I've only come across less than 10.

Back
Top Bottom