Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

1991 wheaties box.
I remember walking through the supermarket asking ma dukes for wheaties after this. Fell in love with the Grapes.

Based on the info provided so far in here safe to assume MJ never wore the OG true blue III colorway (with red inner tongue). The pics in post number 29 for the IIIs aren't coming up for me but I did see these on Twitter via Trophy Room.

Looks like MJ wore the 2011 like colorway with the blue inner tongue and the Jumpman on the back.

Just for the record, those are Wizards PEs

The shape of the OG cement on MJ's feet were drastically different than the retro pe he wore during the wizards day. I wonder his airness noticed it himself? Lol

The shape of the OG cement on MJ's feet were drastically different than the retro pe he wore during the wizards day. I wonder his airness noticed it himself? Lol
​  That's good question.  I would think believe it or not the copper true blues were more comfortable to wear.  Who knows.

​  That's good question.  I would think believe it or not the copper true blues were more comfortable to wear.  Who knows.
I agree. I personally thinks all the retros are more comfortable o wear with few exceptions during the cheap material era.

Either way, Mike had his own custom orthotics along with extra tape and padding every night. Wearing those older models had to do more harm than good for him at that point lol.

Y'all shouldn't sleep on the old PU midsoles, upon first break-in and just before they started crumbling, they were INCREDIBLY soft, like these new ultra air maxes feel :wow:

The shoes in the pics were a black red ship which was banned due to the colorway being too contrast to the bulls/nba uniform policy.  These were the shoes that were banned,  Nike used this situation to market the black red Jordan 1 in the commercial to say they were banned due to unfair tech.   The air Jordan black and red 1 was never banned by the nba.   It was the nike air ship with the bred colorway.  

The shoes in the pics were a black red ship which was banned due to the colorway being too contrast to the bulls/nba uniform policy.  These were the shoes that were banned,  Nike used this situation to market the black red Jordan 1 in the commercial to say they were banned due to unfair tech.   The air Jordan black and red 1 was never banned by the nba.   It was the nike air ship with the bred colorway.  
repped

copper true blues, looks like we got a future retro+ colorway to look forward to 
laugh.gif
. do anybody have pictures of mike in the french blue IXs or XIIs?

Last edited:
Those aren't Air Ships, what are y'all talking about? They don't even look like them.

Those are clearly black chicagos.

These actually are photoshopped photos. They are from the first round playoff series against the Celtics (when Mike scored 63) and he was in reality wearing the white 1's (see below). I believe a documentary PS'd the shoes to make them look black and it's been all over the internet with people thinking it's real.

This is a real pic from the series

BTW these are the Ships:

These actually are photoshopped photos. They are from the first round playoff series against the Celtics (when Mike scored 63) and he was in reality wearing the white 1's (see below). I believe a documentary PS'd the shoes to make them look black and it's been all over the internet with people thinking it's real.

BTW these are the Ships:
​   Wow,  I guess I didn't look hard enough at em.  I just assumed it was preseason rookie year pics.

I don't come to this board often anymore, but this thread is worth checking back. Still finding some shots of MJ wearing J's which I've never seen before. Nice work, Folks!!

Attaq

BTW these are the Ships:
wow thanks for the info.

Some of you guys are amazing when it comes to the real storis behind some of these pictures. So much knowledge.

Have a question.  3m on Mjs shoes, did they have them or not?  Im talking about 5s, 6s, 13s,.  I have always thought his specific pairs did not have the 3m in them due simply because they never showed up in photos, ever.  But came across a photo while back on ebay from a private photo collector that LOOKED like there was 3m flashing off his VIs during 91 Finals.  If I can find it I will post.  I believe its been discussed before.

Back
Top Bottom