Official White Privilege Thread

Asians love to white worship
200.gif
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison

Law Firm Worker, 27, Weeps as She's Told She Faces Jail Over Fake Rape Claims That Saw Two Innocent Men Locked Up and Treated Like Criminals
  • Laura Hood, 27, insists that she was raped on night out in Manchester in January
  • She falsely claimed she had been attacked by taxi driver Haroon Yousaf in cab
  • The taxi driver was arrested by police and forced to provide an intimate sample
  • A court heard without a tracker on his cab, Mr Yousaf could have faced rape trial

Laura Hood cried in court as she was told she faces jail after her fake rape claims saw two innocent men locked up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...MXH3elADE9sTMiVxoKi5MS2yNDr3VxM0NplYblNdYvgvc

A law firm worker cried in court as she was told she faces jail after her fake rape claims saw two innocent men locked up.

Laura Hood, 27, claimed a taxi driver had sexually assaulted her in the back seat of his cab after giving her a lift home following a night out drinking.

Detectives investigating her claims arrested Haroon Yousaf and also the driver of a different taxi with a similar number plate.

Mr Yousaf, 29, was detained in front of colleagues and spent 20 hours in custody, hanging over samples before he was released without charge.

Police suspected Mr Yousaf had been falsely accused when he shared GPS data which showed his cab went straight to Hood's home without stopping.

There was also no evidence of physical contact between them and Hood gave a statement claiming her attacker was 58.

The other suspect was also cleared of any wrongdoing and Hood, of Stockport, Greater Manchester, was subsequently charged with faking her account.

The court heard she made her false claims after becoming separated from friends which she drinking Prosecco, ciders and vodka shots in Manchester city centre.

In a statement Mr Yousaf, a married father-of-two, said: 'This still affects me in my day-to-day life and I don't know if I will ever come back fully from this.

'Before this incident I was a strong person. However I'm now negative and worry that things can go wrong.

Hood (pictured outside court, left) claimed a taxi driver had sexually assaulted her in the back seat of his cab after giving her a lift home following a night out drinking

'This is the most disgusting thing that anyone can be accused of. When I pick up single female passengers I always worry that something could happen again.

'I had to take my clothes off in front of a stranger. I had tears in my eyes. I don't think this female really understands what she has done and how it has affected my life.'

At Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester, Hood broke down and wept as she was convicted of perverting the course of justice.

She accepted no rape took place but denied wrongdoing, insisting she had she 'believed' at the time she was sexually assaulted.

Hood, a human resources worker for a law practise, will be sentenced on August 1 following the preparation of pre-sentence reports.

Hood, a human resources worker for a law practise, will be sentenced on August 1 following the preparation of pre-sentence reports

Judge Julie Warburton said: 'That should not give any indication that there will not be a custodial sentence in this case. This is a very serious matter.'

The incident occurred on January 7, 2017 after Hood had been out with friends at Revolution bar to celebrate her best friend's birthday.

Hood told the hearing: 'I wish I could explain why something is so clear in my head but obviously can't be true.

'I accept there's no psychiatric evidence to explain why I believed this to have happened. I went to the psychiatrists on two occasions.

'It was clear as day. What I said in interview is what I believed to have happened. I wish I could explain it.

'I wish the psychiatrist could have helped me. I don't know how something can be so clear in my head but the evidence said it didn't happen.'

Hood had been drinking with friends at Revolution bar in Deansgate, Manchester on the night she made the false allegation

Woman Avoids Jail After Having Sex With Dad in 'Jealous Competition' With Sister

Woman Avoids Jail After Sex With Dad in Competition With Sister

Yahoo is now part of Oath

A Nebraska woman will not go to jail despite marrying her father as part of a competition with her half-sister to have sex with their dad first.

Omaha World-Herald, Samantha Kershner, 21, met her biological father, Travis Fieldgrove, 40, at the age of 17 after begging her mother to learn the identify of her father in order to meet him.

Both Fieldgrove and Kershner told authorities that in the three years after meeting, they maintained a normal father-daughter relationship, the court affidavit reads.

Neither Kershner or Fieldgrove offered police any explanation as to when and how their relationship turned sexual. They did, however, confirm to police that they started having sex in September 2018, stemming from a “jealous competition with her half-sister regarding who could have sex with their father,” according to court documents.

Once cops began investigating the nature of their relationship, the two allegedly traveled to Adams County Courthouse in Hastings in October to get married, the affidavit states.

Omaha World-Herald reports. A DNA test was taken and showed a 99.999 percent probability that he was indeed Kershner’s father.

Both Kershner and Fieldgrove were initially each charged with one count of incest, but she eventually pleaded no contest to charges of misdemeanor false reporting, and was spared jail time as a result.

Wealthy Americans Don't Have Enough Time in the Day to Spend Their Money, and It's Stressing Them Out

Hero Images/Getty Images
  • People who make a lot of money feel stressed about the amount of time they have to spend it, according to the economist Daniel Hamermesh.
  • Rich people have more incentive to work a lot, since they are sacrificing more dollars per hour by not working than lower earners.
  • Even when they don't work, higher earners feel pressure to spend their time on costly experiences.
  • Lower earners feel less stressed about how they spend their time, but more stressed about actually making money.
Wealthy Americans don't have enough time in the day to spend their money, and it's stressing them out

Stress at work has an income divide.

Higher earners work more because they feel rushed to make and spend money, while lower earners feel less stress over work, according to the economist Daniel Hamermesh, who recently released his book "Spending Time: The Most Valuable Resource."

On average, Americans have more money than they had 50 years ago, Hamermesh argued, but they have the same 24 hours in a day to spend it. Median household incomes have increased in the past 50 years (though real wages haven't budged). The time we spend on things like sleeping, eating, and personal grooming hasn't changed substantially.

"Our incentives drives us to do things differently," Hamermesh said in an interview with Business Insider. "The amount of income we have, which differs substantially across people, leads us to spend the time differently as we have differently."

On top of the already scarce amount of time Americans have, the US works harder than other developed nations. European countries like France and Germany have mandated paid vacation days. Even Japan, where people have died from working too much, created a national holiday and encouraged companies to allow their employees to leave early on Fridays.

The US, meanwhile, is the only advanced economy that does not have a federal paid-vacation policy.

High-income earners have more options for spending their money compared with low-income earners — so when you have a lot of money, you can be stressed about how you're going to spend it.

When they eventually do take time off, higher earners have so much money saved that they have an incentive to spend it on things that cost a lot of money per hour. Rich people today are investing their money less in designer goods and more in luxury lifestyles, such as high-end gym memberships, multimillion-dollar vacations, and exclusive hotels.

Therefore, higher earners get stressed because they feel as if they don't have enough time for the costly leisure activities they think they need.

"We really can't cut back on things too much," Hamermesh said. "While our incomes [keep] on going up, we feel more and more rushed."

On the flip side, low-income earners feel less rushed, as they don't have the money to spend on luxury travel or experiences. In his book, Hamermesh said he found that lower earners spent more time watching TV and sleeping than higher earners.

While lower earners aren't stressed about the time they have to spend either working or relaxing, they are stressed about their income. A UBS study found that more and more people in the bottom 60% of income earners have reported feeling "stressed," and the American Psychological Association found in 2014 that the stress gap between the rich and poor had widened in the past few years.

"I'm not sympathetic with the rich guy who says how stressed he is. He could choose to work less, give away his income, and he wouldn't be as rushed for time," Hamermesh said. "On the other hand, the low-income individual just isn't living very well. To me, that's much more important."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom