:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by GMA 11

Argentina playing well.. but can't see them going all the way with that defence 
If they can keep up their passing the way it has been all game, their defense won't be as big as an issue to be honest.

You called it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

damn, everyone keeps overshooting everyone and everything.

It's the new ball. Of all the free kicks so far in the tournament, I don't think that a single one has been too low and all have been too high.

Stupid FIFA, if you want to have a great tournament, let the players play with a ball they're accustomed to.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

It's the new ball. Of all the free kicks so far in the tournament, I don't think that a single one has been too low and all have been too high.

Stupid FIFA, if you want to have a great tournament, let the players play with a ball they're accustomed to.
Happens pretty much every tournament- players always complain about the new ball.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I think one free kick was stopped by the wall. Can't remember which game it was yesterday.

Decent start for Argentina, Messi and Jonas played very well. If it wasn't for their keeper the score would've been 4-0 easily but the Cup has just begun and Argentina will continue to grow as a team, the important part is that we came out victorious today.

Men of the match were Enyeama and Messi. Messi should've had atleast 2 goals today but Enyeama really showed why he's among Africa's best keepers.

I liked the Samuel and Dimechellis partnership, Heinze was good at the back and Mascherano provided good cover in midfield. Messi was his usual self and although he wasnt really dangerous up front, Tevez's hustle made things difficult for the Nigerian defence. What I didn't like was Gutierrez playing at RB...what a liability. The Nigerians had atleast 5 good chances from the left side, all of them because Gutierrez's poor defensive positioning. I understand Maradona likes him because of his work rate (the same reason Tevez is starting) but Gutierrez would either be better utilized as a RM or as a substitute. I do not want to see him start another match at RB...either Burdisso or Otamendi should start in defence.

Another player I had an issue with was Di Maria. What exactly was his role? He barely got involved in the attack and he never tracked back. One cant help but wonder if the score would've been more in Argentina's favor if a central midfielder had started in place of Di Maria. Argentina need more balance in the middle of the park and I think Di Maria is more of a luxury at this point when you have 3 attackers playing in front of him.

Juan Sebestian Veron was dreadful. He killed at least 3 Argentine attacks and was probably Argentina's 2nd worst player after Gutierrez. The unfortunate thing is Argentina dont have too many options with regards to CM. Hopefully Veron was just having an off night because there is no way this team can win the WC if he continues to play like that.

I'm ok with Higuain missing those 2 chances...it happens. Even Milito misses chances sometimes...Higuain should bag some goals in the next 2 matches.

Finally, Maradona's substitutions were questionnable to say the least. Bringing on Maxi (a RM) for Veron? I think he wanted to give Gutierrez some cover but it left Argentina under-manned in the middle of the pitch. Subbing out Higuain for a striker when Argentina would've been better off bringing on a defensive player? I liked bringing on Burdisso for Di Maria though. That should've happened earlier so that Gutierrez could've moved out of the RB role that he clearly doesnt fit.

Argentina played great maradona trained them well you can see the difference from the 06 WC

Back
Top Bottom