3.Ivory Coast
4.Portugal

H:
1.Spain
2.Switzerland
3.Honduras
4.Chile

pimp.gif

I'd be surprised if Cameroon went through over Denmark. The Danes are strong in defence and won a tough group in qualifying. I can't see Cameroon or Japan breaching their defence. But you probably just picked them because of Eto'o.

lets go USA
pimp.gif

i think we can tie, if not beat, england. we're capable of it. algeria isn't a pushover, but they're definitely a team you have to beat if youexpect to move on. slovenia as well. USA MUST advance this time around. not let downs, fellas...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

lets go USA
pimp.gif

i think we can tie, if not beat, england. we're capable of it. algeria isn't a pushover, but they're definitely a team you have to beat if you expect to move on. slovenia as well. USA MUST advance this time around. not let downs, fellas...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Exact same thing I'm saying.

USA 2010

Maaaaan....I don't know ANYTHING about soccer, but I follow it like crazy during the World Cup. I love when the Nat'l teams play. I'll be hittingup these threads with a bunch of questions, so excuse my ignorance in advance. My girl's dad is from Algeria, so best belive I'll be over at his housefor the US/Algeria matchup talking %++*
laugh.gif

*Question...Bruce Arena was the last US coach during the WC, right? How will Bob Bradley's coaching style differ? We we see any improvement? From whatI've watched of the US mens team (correct me if I'm wrong) with Bradley at the helm, against STRONG competition we play not to lose, rather thanplaying to win. Am I off on that?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Maaaaan....I don't know ANYTHING about soccer, but I follow it like crazy during the World Cup. I love when the Nat'l teams play. I'll be hitting up these threads with a bunch of questions, so excuse my ignorance in advance. My girl's dad is from Algeria, so best belive I'll be over at his house for the US/Algeria matchup talking %++*
laugh.gif

*Question...Bruce Arena was the last US coach during the WC, right? How will Bob Bradley's coaching style differ? We we see any improvement? From what I've watched of the US mens team (correct me if I'm wrong) with Bradley at the helm, against STRONG competition we play not to lose, rather than playing to win. Am I off on that?

The US's style is VERY conservative and rely on counter attacking.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Blah. Mexico plays at 7AM/4:30AM/7AM PST.

I hope my carnales have DVR.

What bout the US?
nerd.gif
11:30AM/7AM/7AM PST. Looks to be a lot of great 11:30 AM matches for us on the West Coast though. I can't do those 4:30 AMones live.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Maaaaan....I don't know ANYTHING about soccer, but I follow it like crazy during the World Cup. I love when the Nat'l teams play. I'll be hitting up these threads with a bunch of questions, so excuse my ignorance in advance. My girl's dad is from Algeria, so best belive I'll be over at his house for the US/Algeria matchup talking %++*
laugh.gif

*Question...Bruce Arena was the last US coach during the WC, right? How will Bob Bradley's coaching style differ? We we see any improvement? From what I've watched of the US mens team (correct me if I'm wrong) with Bradley at the helm, against STRONG competition we play not to lose, rather than playing to win. Am I off on that?

Is counter-attacking just pretty much sitting back and waiting for mistakes from the other team and trying to capitalize? Do you think this style best fitsthe US team and will it serve them well in trying to do well in their pool?

laugh.gif

Is counter-attacking just pretty much sitting back and waiting for mistakes from the other team and trying to capitalize? Do you think this style best fits the US team and will it serve them well in trying to do well in their pool?

When you think of counter attacking think of a fast break in basketball. Pretty much the same thing. Do I think that style fits them best? I think it does withfast players like Altidore, Davies and Landon, and it's gotten them pretty good results. I think they can come out their group in 2nd place, I justcan't see them beating England..

I hope Mexico, USA and Italy all get ousted ASAP.

Aside from Spain and Brazil, I hope the Ivory Coast, Germany, England and Netherlands have successful tournaments.

laugh.gif

Is counter-attacking just pretty much sitting back and waiting for mistakes from the other team and trying to capitalize? Do you think this style best fits the US team and will it serve them well in trying to do well in their pool?

When you think of counter attacking think of a fast break in basketball. Pretty much the same thing. Do I think that style fits them best? I think it does with fast players like Altidore, Davies and Landon, and it's gotten them pretty good results. I think they can come out their group in 2nd place, I just can't see them beating England..

good info, bro. I appreciate it.

Group G is loaded...I wanted to see Ivory Coast advance but it is going to be hard with Brazil and Portugal.

I swear they stay trying to get the U.S. to advance giving it easy %*@ draws

Let me just say one thing.. South Africa Is NOT making it to the Knockout Stage...
Once AGAIN.. Nigeria makes it to the World Cup and has to face Argentina again.. Should be interesting since Nigerians are still irritated at the 2005 U-20World cup where Messi was Hand given 2 Pks to win... Can't wait to see that matchup ..

Algeria are No SLOUCH.. Let me say that straight up.. This is not a team you can just roll over.. USA better be in Tip Top form going into this..
Group G and D =
sick.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Group G is loaded...I wanted to see Ivory Coast advance but it is going to be hard with Brazil and Portugal.

I swear they stay trying to get the U.S. to advance giving it easy %*@ draws
I see you didn't watch the Last World Cup
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom