:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Forlan had a great tournament, but I am sure him getting the tournament's best player is a consolation price for South America not being where it mattered.

Since they started giving out best player of the tournament awards in 1982, every single time the best player played in the final, with the lone exception in 1990 where Schillaci from 3rd place Italy won it. Well, Forlan's Uruguay finished 4th. I don't think he was better than Villa, let alone so much better than Villa to break the streak of best player winners not being in the final. Either way, good for him.

But I think that Forlan and Sneijder might be the only two players who would prefer to play with the Jabulani. That ball went everywhere they wanted.
laugh.gif

You're all wrong, all of Latin America (with the exception of Brazil who was settled by Portugal) calls Spain "La Madre Patria" because they originally settled all of our countries. I'm personally against it because I see them as the oppressors of our continent but to each his own right?

Any who, congratulations to Spain, they were the favorites coming into the thing and with their style of play they deserved it more than any other team in the Cup, I think this was a fitting finale to an entertaining World Cup full of drama and twists, see you all in four years.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

You're all wrong, all of Latin America (with the exception of Brazil who was settled by Portugal) calls Spain "La Madre Patria" because they originally settled all of our countries. I'm personally against it because I see them as the oppressors of our continent but to each his own right?

Any who, congratulations to Spain, they were the favorites coming into the thing and with their style of play they deserved it more than any other team in the Cup, I think this was a fitting finale to an entertaining World Cup full of drama and twists, see you all in four years.
Is anyone planning on going to Brazil for this btw ?

What's the process for getting tickets like? I know a bunch of people who were/are in S Africa and saw matches but I think it was easy for them because they had trouble selling the stadiums out in the group stages and maybe even the early knockout rounds.

But in a football-crazy country like Brazil with a lot more people and probably more money I would assume it would be a little harder? Is there some sort of list you can get on?

Man Iniesta was diving like a *@#%! all over the show, then he scores the winner... How cruel

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Man Iniesta was diving like a *@#%! all over the show, then he scores the winner... How cruel
yawn... The right team won today, Netherlands had chances to score more than once but blew them to bad so sad.

Watching the game with 200+ Spain fans was incredible, Iniesta's goal was epic. It was a great game on both ends the ending was incredible how Spain won...Iniesta with the game winner, reminded me of Chelsea v. FC Barcelona.

Booking my flight for Brasil 2014 ASAP!!!

Congratulations to Spain.

I ain't bitter at all. It's just sad they had to against my team + taking away the best accomplishment Robben can have in his well decorated career.

I'm torn because Xavi, Iniesta, and of course Villa played wonderfully in their historic run.
With that said, I'm glad FIFA got it right and went with Forlan, who showed he's one of the elite finishers in the game but took the burden and sacrificed a bit of his play in being the main cog in Uruguay's offense and who up to the last second, showed he was a threat whenever the ball was at his feet.

And here's the narration for today's goal...you dont even need to know any spanish to feel the emotions of this call.

I dont mind Forlan winning player of the tournament. The man showed up in almost every single match and I think his performance got more credit since he did not have as good of a supporting cast around him as Villa did. Villa was also great and Spain would not have made it this far without him but one can argue that he did not play very well in 3 matches in this tourny (vs. Switzerland, vs. Germany an vs. Holland) compared to Forlan who played well in 5-6 matches.

Congrats to Spain for winning. I would've liked to see them play Brazil, however I have little doubt that they are the best team in the world.

I think the reason many neutral fans supported Netherlands over the year was due to their total football in previous decades and their fluid and entertaining style in recent years. However, this time around they were a choppy results oriented team and it almost paid off in the end. I could've sworn they were being coached by Jose Mourinho in this tournament with the way they played. This style will not win them any new fans in the near future but I cant really blame them for using an approach that clearly works.

After Blatter handed the trophy to Casillas today I could not help but think to myself "*%#@...we gotta wait another 4 years for the World Cup". I'm sorry but the Copa America, Euro, African Nations Cup, Confederations Cup, Champions League are not exciting as the World Cup. 2014 cant come here soon enough...

brazil2014.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Iniesta
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Almost teared up last night after Andres made that goal and it was all over

I need me a great wallpaper
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

What's the process for getting tickets like? I know a bunch of people who were/are in S Africa and saw matches but I think it was easy for them because they had trouble selling the stadiums out in the group stages and maybe even the early knockout rounds.

But in a football-crazy country like Brazil with a lot more people and probably more money I would assume it would be a little harder? Is there some sort of list you can get on?
Correct me if I'm wrong but every country gets a certain amount of tickets to the world cup. The playing countries of course get more tickets.

I'll try to be there but I'm still a student in 4 years (or so it seems right now) and money might be too tight
ohwell.gif

The agony and the ecstasy...
How many sports can you say would cause these sort of reactions?

LOL @ those who act like the World Cup is the only soccer event there is. Happens after every World Cup.

I'll agree that the World Cup is the bigger and more legendary event, but in terms of quality: knockout stage of the Champions League > World Cup The knockout stage of the World Cup can offer some great clashes as well and some games of very high quality, but as far as I can count, only 5 games where soccer giants played against each other occurred in this World Cup's knockout stage and maybe a couple of more in the group stage. There is way more quality in the Champions League, not to mention the fact that the knockout stage minus the final has 2 games for every time two teams meet. World Cup is great, but there sure are some boring and low quality games you have to sit through such as the clash of the juggernauts that was Slovenia Vs Algeria and Slovakia Vs New Zealand.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

I def want to try, I think it'll be more expensive just to get there than the actual tickets though.
Hopefully I'll be well out of school by then and with a job, Brazil is a place I've been wanting to go to anyway
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

If someone finds those "Campeones Del Mundo" shirts somewhere
nerd.gif

You should try an adidas store.
These were sold (limited) in 2006 at adidas stores:

DankeDeutschTee2006c.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LOL @ those who act like the World Cup is the only soccer event there is. Happens after every World Cup.

I'll agree that the World Cup is the bigger and more legendary event, but in terms of quality: knockout stage of the Champions League > World Cup The knockout stage of the World Cup can offer some great clashes as well and some games of very high quality, but as far as I can count, only 5 games where soccer giants played against each other occurred in this World Cup's knockout stage and maybe a couple of more in the group stage. There is way more quality in the Champions League, not to mention the fact that the knockout stage minus the final has 2 games for every time two teams meet. World Cup is great, but there sure are some boring and low quality games you have to sit through such as the clash of the juggernauts that was Slovenia Vs Algeria and Slovakia Vs New Zealand.

I guess you could say that but for me the wc is infinitely better for a few reasonsThe biggest is the fact that I'm a huge Spain fan but I don't really have a team to root for when it comes to club soccer....closest would be Barcelona I guess since they have the largest # of Spanish national team players but being a fan of guys like Ramos and Casillas on Real makes that kinda ehh. They don't really televise club soccer regular season matches on tv here so I've never really been able to get into it. Plus it is something specal to see people play for their countries IMO

Back
Top Bottom