Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's how I feel. Beating Verlander will be insanely hard.
Anyone think he wins WS MVP if he gets 2 wins?

If he dominates in two wins, sure. I'll go out on a limb and say either Pagan/Belt MVP if the Giants win and Fielder/Verlander if Detroit wins. Has Detroit set their rotation yet? Yesterday I checked out the schedule and they had it Verlander-Fister-Sanchez with no Scherzer.

Scherzer is scheduled for game 4. Is he a much better pitcher at home or he is dealing with fatigue? I don't understand why he isn't starting game 2 (or even game 3) so they can have Verlander and Scherzer get 2 starts each.

Hell, I'd go with a 3 man rotation of Verlander-Scherzer-Fister so I'd have Verlander available for a game 7. You know he won't mind pitching on 3 days rest.

Postseason baseball brings out the best in the fans.

:lol: at the number of Giants fans jumping off the ship when their team was trailing. Keep your emotions in check before proclaiming your team is "done" after falling down 2-1 in a series.

Well after the spectacle I watched in person - the 9-0 drubbing, I was completely shocked they rallied. They looked lifeless and uninterested.

Further, like I've said in other threads, if you were to tell me that they were going to be on the brink of elimination AGAIN, and pull it off in two series I would have thought you were nuts. At the end of the day, few of us actually jumped ship...more so we were bracing for being disappointed like a bunch of other times throughout the season.

Pretty much my same stance. I'm pulling for DET because I'd like to see Leyland win another one but I'm cool if SF wins...I like some of the characters on that team. 

Hopefully it's a great series.

Definitely. Love the ex Pirates on Det, that would be the only reason I pull for them but either team is cool

For the Giants, the projected matchup is eerily similar to 2010. In 2010, a pitcher on fire (Cliff Lee) was projected to 'dominate' the Giants after shutting down the Yanks in the ALCS and having like a 8-0 postseason record. The AL team had arguably the best hitter in the game (Josh Hamilton). All that crap was thrown out the window after the first game.

That said, Giants don't have the same type of pitching, and a better offense. In the end, Tigers will be a tough opponent but I'm still taking Giants in 6!

Let me first start out by saying that the Giants have won Barry ******g Zito's last 12 starts. With that being said, I still don't trust him. Verlander is the best pitcher in the world has has endless amount of stuff, but could be beat. The Giants, for the most part, put the ball in ball and force the defense to make plays. Getting to Verlander early and often, like any great pitcher is key.

Today's game is more important for the Tigers to win than the Giants. Zito vs Verlander? That's the biggest mismatch in the history of baseball.

All the pressure is on the Tigers because they are suppose to win.

Giants winning today would be HUGE. They have lost the last two game 1 home games.

Saw that on Deadspin and it doesn't even warrant a thought. Dude is ******ed.

Comparing the old tiger stadium to pac bell? Did he forget how long the Giants played at the stick?

I want to go against the Giants becasue they Beat the Cardinals, but you have to give props were props is due..... I hate to say it but Giants in 6

Our pitchers are now playing great (minus Timmy & Madison) and our bats woke up. Bring it on Tigers, you ran into us at the right time.:smokin

Hoping Posey finally heats up today

If Zito takes out Verlander today, he would have earned his contract.

#SFGiants Barry Zito walks more per game (8.3 in 3 gms) with Gerry Davis behind plate than any ump. Davis calls 'em tonight. #World Series

Gerry Davis is the home plate ump for Game 1. In games when he's been the plate umpire for Zito, the left-hander has 5.05 ERa, 25 BB/35.2 IP

The winner of #WorldSeries Game 1 has gone on to win the Fall Classic 66 times (61.7%). That has been the case in 8 of the last 9 WS.

I'm really curious to see how the Tigers come out with all those days off. If that pitching staff is on, they've got a great shot but I just don't know how they will react with all that time off. They need to steal game 1 in SF also, esp. with Verlander on the mound.

Exact same thoughts I had. I feel as if the Giants have momentum right now but have no idea how the Tigers are going to look in this first game.

Can't decide if I want to break the bank for this game or not..........

Back
Top Bottom