Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

pujols_display_image.jpg

make it happen cash , we need a DH .....

I dont care where he goes, as long as it isnt the cubs or brewers.............id root for whatever team he goes to in the AL until they play the cardinals.
Edit*

add the mets to that list also.............
happy.gif

onewearz:
pujols_display_image.jpg

Response #1: That's absolutely what's going to happen. I've felt like that all season. I think more people feel like that and just don't want to admit it.

Response #2: "You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!"
laugh.gif
... ... ... ... ...
mad.gif
... ... ... ... ...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

onewearz:
pujols_display_image.jpg

Response #1: That's absolutely what's going to happen. I've felt like that all season. I think more people feel like that and just don't want to admit it.

Response #2: "You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!"
laugh.gif
... ... ... ... ...
mad.gif
... ... ... ... ...
ohwell.gif

I don't think Pujols would want to play DH anyways, playing the field is a mental thing.
I don't think he's going anywhere.

^ Money talks. And going from any team other than the Yankees... TO the Yankees... automatically means going from a team happy to make the playoffs to a team EXPECTED to not only make the playoffs, but at least the ALCS... every year. Hard to say no to a boatload of cash for playing on a team expected to succeed every year.
FIRST B0RN:
I'd I'll bomb Yankee stadium if when Albert signed signs with NY.
*fixed*

And...

*reported... ... ... ... to feds*

^ Money talks. And going from any team other than the Yankees... TO the Yankees... automatically means going from a team happy to make the playoffs to a team EXPECTED to not only make the playoffs, but at least the ALCS... every year. Hard to say no to a boatload of cash for playing on a team expected to succeed every year.
FIRST B0RN:
*fixed*

And...

See, the money thing with the yankees never made sense to me.
New York is 77% more expensive to live in than saint louis, housing ALONE is 283% more expensive........ALMOST TRIPLE!!!!!!!!

and im sure they pay more in taxes than anyone else in the US.

Now i dont know how this effects baseball players, but i cant see how money is the only factor unless they can get almost 300% more money by signing with the yankees.

unless its different for people with alot of money already.

^ That's why I said it's not JUST a money thing, because it's not.

Having my Angels throw $200m at Albert is WAY different than the Yankees offering the same. Angels didn't even make the playoffs, and... no one cares.
laugh.gif
Yankees made the playoffs, but were out in the 1st round, and it's A-Rod this, pitching staff that, blah blah Girardi blah.

Hell, the Yankees offering $190m is still better than a non-Yankee team offering $200m.

Pujols is the man , greatest player of my generation (20 years old)

ill make Tex move to DH no questions asked.

Pujols > Him. IDC how great his defense is Pujols is no slouch at first himself

FIRST B0RN:
*fixed*

And...

There are two reasons I don't think Albert will sign with the Yankees. The first is the Yankees are already situated at 1st base and at DH. Second, Albert isn't built for New York's media frenzy. Imagine if he was in pinstripes and pulled what he did in Game 2. The media would have been on him like flies on %*%!. Most likely what's going to happen is Cardinals management are going to see what the market has to offer Albert and take it from there. If Albert gets an absurd offer from a club then you can bet St. Louis will wish him the best and part ways. If clubs offer something more realistically in the Cardinals budget then I can see them making a push to keep him. St.Louis is a young ball club and will need to secure players on its' roster to remain relevant in the future. Sure losing Albert would be a huge impact, but giving him 30 million a year for 10 years would cripple the club a lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom