Official Xbox 360 Post: For those who CARE, COD4 patch is now available

Better watch what you guys say on Live...

From Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26098980
Xbox Live threat leads to criminal charges
[img]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2007/346/callofduty4251_embed.jpg[/img]
Supposed jokes about school shootings have been getting kids in trouble for years, but some people just haven't been getting the message. The latest such incident involves a 19-year-old Frostburg State University student who allegedly threatened to shoot up the Maryland school during an online Call of Duty 4 match over Xbox Live, according to a Cumberland Times-News report.

The student was taken from the school in handcuffs on Tuesday and charged with two misdemeanor counts of disrupting a school operation, and could face up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000. He is currently on an interim suspension until FSU has a chance to conduct an administrative hearing into the matter.

Police first got involved in the matter when one of the student's opponents based in Oregon called up the Frostburg Police Department to report a school shooting threat. Schools in the area were placed under "lock-in" status, students were notified of the situation through e-mail, and police worked with Microsoft and the teen's Internet service provider to trace the threat back to his dorm room.

A search of the room turned up no weapons, and the teen told authorities that he had no intention of following through with the threat.

Oh and thanks for posting the scans FIRST Kane. I appreciated it.
happy.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by freshhh

they had received less than expected, so they were calling people who were the last to preorder that they wont get a copy til 2008...it was comedy...i could hear dudes yelling on the phone asking why this is happening to them
Weird. We got our shipment a week ago AND we were on point AND they decided to ship us more.

im not surprised your store got them awhile ago and got more...youre forgetting the one i go to is the worst retail establishment on earth..
laugh.gif

Just got the rings of death. RIP my 360 after 2 years.

Long live three-year warranties! Now I've got to go out and get something for the Wii to keep my attention for the next month. Just when I felt like I wasgetting decent at Halo 3...

SECOND EDIT: Wooo! Just realized I had a Best Buy PRP on this. Swapping the system tomorrow. Forget a one-month wait. I'm hoping I can pay the extra $50above what I paid to get the Elite.

I still don't understand the martyrdom... does that plant C4 on your dead body or something so that anyone walking near you gets killed or what? I haven't been hit by it yet...
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

COD4 Team HARDCORE, the only game type anyone should be playing.

naw.... thats why it has its own seperate section as opposed to games in the past

cod4 is so cluttered that you knew team damage would be off in ordinary ranked games...

thats the first thing i thought when playing the beta. they better not put on team damage or else this game is gonna be terrible to play...

Originally Posted by MAYOR of NYC

pimp.gif
nobody messin with me in Madden/COD4..yall other dudes is terrycloth
grin.gif

ill play u tomorrow....
rom0 to 0wens KNOWS ima beast with those eagles...
still trying to be like that witht he texans though

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

its been workin good allday for me...i guess alot of people go back to work today...btw...gold m60e4
pimp.gif

m60? you noob..
grin.gif

j/k man
laugh.gif
i love the m60.

2 questions about the xbox original game.

do you have to pay for them or are they free downloads?

and are they the full game?

indifferent.gif
To the 10th power. I had a 14 kill streak going in a good%!!% team death match then i get disconnected from Xboxlive.. forgot live was gunna be down for an hour
smh.gif

Assasin's Creed is going to flop both on the critical side and commercial side. Game Informer did a in depth look at the game in their last issue and said that a lot of the issues weren't fixed. I doubt that they resolved in time if they weren't even fixed then. I was looking forward to it but ahh what can you do.

First of all, get your facts straight. That was EGM. EGM is a horrible magazine, and the internet is filled with free subscription links for it. Secondly, GameInformer got to play the game for 5 hours in the last issue and they said it could have been 5 minutes for all they cared, because they loved it. Ill type upthe article tommorow from game informer and show you. Third:

Game Informer: 9.5/10
Gamepro: 5/5
Gamesradar 10/10
Famitsu: 37/40

yeah, its a flop
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by FiNcH XX

my xbox freezes up everytime i try to play a game...it usually works fine for like 10 mins...then boom, it freezes up.
anyone else have/had this problem? is it time to send it back in?

this was happening to me a little while ago on COD4

XBL always FAILS from 3-9pm CST... ugh.

Gotta keep waiting until 10ish to start playing again... maybe it's good so i dont play COD for the WHOLE day
laugh.gif

Yep, the main problem would be that some K-marts wont take printed out or copied coupons....but if you can get your hands on a real one, it doesnt excludeconsoles.........and i just bought a 360 3 days ago.....

Originally Posted by llcooljunr

Hey Super Noblekane.... I just looked at the 360 list... ur BigSloppyPanda? Damn, I think u beat my%@%# a couple games... Goldar82
laugh.gif
thought you looked familiar

smfh at the servers being down. they always seem to go down when i wanna play the most. according to the nerds over on xbox.com it's due to a serveroverload. hopefully they solve this soon.

Originally Posted by DJ236

seeing the ferris wheel frustrates me...i hated that part...
word...Ferris Wheel part + Veteran difficulty = NEAR IMMPOSIBILTY
mad.gif

and ill be on COD4 later tonite...get at me
i guess you havent played the missile silo one where you have 9 minutes to go shut down the missiles. hard as hell.

If you woulda read a couple pages back.. you would have seen that the coupon did work. However, it does not work anymore.

Originally Posted by BAYBALLA707

I got that double tap perk on my G3. But I thought that it made it automatic

It's still a semi automatic gun...like already stated
I have seen some dudes shoot that thing like its a M4.

trust me, they are using double tap. Without it, it takes a split second more not matter how fast your trigger finger is

^^ i was asking about that too..i remember nickthestick posting a solution, but i never got the chance to try what he suggested...i tried searching for it, buti couldnt find it...guess it was in the old ezboard 360 thread...

Back
Top Bottom