Official Xbox 360 Post: For those who CARE, COD4 patch is now available

jae oh en

For the sealed warranty i recommend using a hair dryer or a hot air gun to heat up the adhesive and remove the sticker. Learned that from my brother when hedoes the mods
laugh.gif

KVN

i played mass effect for all of 15 minutes before taking it back to blockbuster. game sucks

is COD4 giving u guys problems also. every time i try to get in lobby closes. ugh im gonna go catch up on Ghero3

one of these days i need to accept some of the invites i get from yall...i really only go online when my friends are trying to play too so im already in agroup -thats why im always ignoring yall's invites, sorry
laugh.gif

So are we able to import MJ to nba 2k8? ...hmmm...
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag = Dyaps ::.​

my copy of COD4 is still sealed on the floor of my room.

Being sick is a @#%$.

But news for people interested in TUROK

at some Gamestop locations, reserve the game and you get a Free Turok Shirt + demo.
TEAM XBOX360​
.::GAMERTAG:inmynikes PwNz JaE 0h 3N l0lz3rz::.​
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
new halo maps..

pics arent working too well for some reason...heres the link

release next week and will cost you 10 bucks...with COD still holding me over, i have no urge to play halo at all..ill prolly wait it out, the maps will befree in spring...

standoff
halo-3-20071203013941751.jpg

halo-3-20071203013904487.jpg

foundry
with all default stuff on map...
halo-3-20071203013924830.jpg

with everything removed in forge...
halo-3-20071203013938751.jpg

rats nest.
halo-3-20071203013923314.jpg

halo-3-20071203013935907.jpg

descriptions of each from ign.
Standoff
This map is essentially a condensed Blood Gulch. With two bunker bases and some rolling hills in between, the map is perfect for team objective games likecapture the flag or one bomb. Since the space between the two bases is significantly smaller than a map like Blood Gulch, Standoff is designed for four on fourmatches with a heavy emphasis on vehicle use. It's flexible enough to be played with more or less people, but things do get pretty hectic once the map isfilled with 16 players.

Standoff takes place in Africa at a UNSC missile facility. The two bunkers are heavily armed and easily defended in objective type games. Each base has anentrance in the front, two on the sides and one in the back. The trick is that most of the entrances are closed when play first starts. Opposing teams willhave to infiltrate the base and push a button to open the side and back doors. There's also a shotgun waiting just outside of the front door and a turreton the roof, giving defenders all of the firepower they need.

When you move outside of the base, you'll find a mostly symmetrical field of play. The asymmetry comes from a tree being swapped for a radio antenna justoutside of the base on opposite ends of the field. This gives you the ability to quickly look up and recognize visually which side of the map you're onwithout giving one team any sort of advantage.

As we said before, using vehicles effectively is central to success on Standoff. Given its small stature, the only vehicles on the default map setup are thewarthog and mongoose. There are three of the light mongooses and one warthog at each base. While the mongoose is useful for CTF or making bombing runs, thewarthog rules Standoff.

There aren't any sniper rifles on the map, making the couple of battle rifles you can find outside of each base the best long range weapon. Take a fewsteps further from the base and you can find a rocket launcher. In the center of the map, there is a solitary spartan laser. These last two weapons are thebest tools against the warthog, but simply getting to them on foot can be tough against a sufficiently good warthog squad. Of course, there's always theactive camo on the hill beside each base to help you.

Standoff is a fantastic map for objective games. We had the most fun playing CTF, bomb, and king of the hill games on it, though it wasn't half bad with asimple team slayer match. It's also pretty good for a zombie infection game -- the tight confines force the action while the ample supply of vehicles keepthings fast paced.

Perhaps the best reason to hop into Standoff is the lack of sniper rifles. Too often in Halo 3 do you have open maps that are dominated by snipers, making itimpossible to cross open tracks of land. Standoff is open with few obstacles aside from rolling hills, enabling you to see your enemy across the field withoutany way to easily engage them. This sets the stage for more planning and strategy to get tossed into the fray. And that's never a bad thing.

Foundry
The first map designed specifically for the Forge is easily the best reason to look forward to the Heroic Map Pack. Once you go into the Forge level editor andstart removing the default set up, you'll find that you can wipe it almost entirely clear, leaving just an empty box of a playing field, a back hallway anda platform along one wall. From there, you can let your imagination run wild. With the new forge items that you'll find on this map, things can get prettycrazy.

The default map layout, before you go crazy in the forge, is built for small skirmishes. Territories and slayer game types are what Bungie had in mind here.Making use of new environmental structures such as empty crates, walls, bridges and fences, Bungie has laid out a multi-tiered space where tight encounters andambushes are the status quo.

The ground floor of Foundry is a series of halls and pieces of debris, made deceptively open by fences that allow some types of ammunition to pass rightthrough. There's a sniper rifle up for grabs, though we found quickly engaging enemies more effective in slayer matches. Needless to say, if you're onthe ground floor you'll be using the assault rifle, tossing grenades and throwing out melee attacks at breakneck rates.

The second tier in Foundry gives the map its charm. Using debris, staircases, or a portable grav lift, you can quickly move up to the series of platforms andbridges that make up the high ground. There's a rocket launcher in one of the tunnels to rain death down on the poor saps below. Obviously, a battle rifleis a weapon you'll want up here since the extra height gives you a nice view of your surroundings. The whole map reminds us a bit of what Rat Race would belike if you knocked out a bunch of walls and ceilings.

After playing around in the Forge for a while, it's clear that Foundry has a lot of potential for fans to create some truly fantastic playing spaces.Stacking boxes and walls, you can easily create floating bases for objective games, massive hills for a true game of king of the hill, or crazy halls withchoke points to funnel all of the action into one spot. Rocket race tracks have great potential on Foundry.

There's even a new giant soccer ball that has been added to the Forge list, encouraging people to get creative. We played a game where we removed all ofthe walls and then put down goals on each end for a makeshift soccer field. The catch was that we only used gravity hammers to knock it (and each other) aroundand turned the shields on each player up to infinity. It only works if people play on the honor rules system, but when it did work it was a ton of fun. If youwant to get crazy, put a few flamethrowers on the field too. A flaming soccer ball is very cool indeed.

Rat's Nest
This map was designed to help fill out the Big Team Battle playlist. It also fulfills Bungie's desire to create an indoor vehicle map. Designed to beplayed with 6-16 players, Rat's Nest is thematically based on the Crow's Next level from the Halo 3 campaign. It's also great for a 16 player capture the flag orterritories showdown.

The outside of the map is designed as a loop for vehicles. Each base has a default setup with multiple warthogs and mongooses, setting the stage for numerousvehicle confrontations and fast strikes at the opponent's base. One side of the loop is entirely closed off, while the opposite is open air with a view ofa pelican sitting on a landing pad and a cliff you don't want to fall off of. In the center of the map, there's a large hallway with a turret and aghost that connects with the outer loop.

If you prefer to travel by foot, there's an interior spine that allow you to quickly travel from one base to the other. It also sets up massive chokepoints where the battles get insanely intense. Grenades and brute shots constantly rocked the corridors with shockwaves.

One nice touch we noticed about this series of halls becomes apparent during territory matches. The territory inside the opponent's base is easily the mostdifficult to capture. It sits on the opposite side of a wall, right where everyone spawns. However, attackers do have a small chance at victory. You cancapture the territory from the opposite side of the wall, giving you a small amount of protection.

Rat's Nest may be the best of the three in terms of overall design sense. There are numerous subtle touches that add to the fun. A pipe that runs near theceiling on the outer vehicle track is a great hiding place for oddball or infection games. The open air cliff face seems like a simple piece of visual flair,but it opens up the effective use of brute shots and gravity hammers against unsuspecting vehicle riders. The design is simple enough that you'll know yourway around after just a few minutes, but the map has enough options and paths for new approaches that we felt there was still a lot to experience after severalhours of toying around.

Is it worth it?
You'd be hard pressed to find anybody around these offices that thinks three maps for $10 is a good deal. If you want to make a stand against the cost,just wait until this spring and you'll get the same content for free. However, there are some reasons to look beyond the price tag with the Heroic MapPack. If you're an avid Halo 3 player, the new maps will add a much needed shot of variety to your online playing. That alone could be enough of a reasonto pony up the cash, especially if you plan to make Halo 3 the focus of your gaming for the foreseeable future. If you're a big fan of custom Forgegametypes, then this download is essentially made just for you. The Foundry is a great map in its own right, but it becomes a whole new beast with the Forge.

How long did microsoft extend the warranty for free i got the red lights? I don't have it and i remeber they extened the warranty.

Damn hearing Goldeneye was gonna be on there made me think about getting an xbox 360 for a sec.

"there seems to be no mention of a ps3 release...and don king is that dude"

thats because there is no ps3 version coming out.

Copped COD4 this morning for $20.49
pimp.gif
(39.99 - $25 GC)

even though I suck at these type of games, I couldn't resist the hype.

MoodSwing or anybody on here hit me up if you wanna get rocked in 2k8 or COD4.
Don't make me put on the business suit early...
pimp.gif

Nah I'll be on 2K8 in a little bit... Get at me if you see me.

bkmac- if your just plugging the ethernet cable from your modem to the 360 try disconnecting the power from the modem first and then connecting the ethernetcable

Back
Top Bottom