Official Xbox 360 Post: For those who CARE, COD4 patch is now available

anyone want to try and get a game of fifa going? Im not good though. lol

GT: RealMadrld

COD4 campaign > halo 3 campaign

Halo multi is so far still better to me though... but that's probably just b/c i suck so bad at cod.
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Turok looks good so far

the graphics are good

the only guns i had were the shotgun, smg + a bow and knife

the knife killing animations :wow:
eek.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif
TEAM XBOX360
.::GAMERTAG:inmynikes PwNz JaE 0h 3N l0lz3rz::.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

[h2]Additional Fall Update details uncovered [/h2]
from X360 by Dustin Burg

Filed under: News
fallupdateetcetcetc.jpg
Coming straight out of a Microsoft Japan held press conference are new details about what features will be included in the December 4th Fall Update. All the information is in Japanese (and we forgot our Japanese translator at home), but thanks to Engadget Japan's own Ittousai we've got all the goods. And yes, there's more to the Fall Update than just Xbox Originals and Friends of Friends. Click through to the break to get learnified ...

Among the new Fall Update features is new dashboard navigation (applause!). The 360's "Game" blade is seeing a mini-reworking removing the "Xbox Live Arcade" option and replacing it with "Game Library". Under the new "Game Library" option you'll be able to navigate all your XBLA games, demos and recently played games in "twist" navigation. If you aren't familiar, the twist navigation scheme can be seen on the current Video Marketplace (or in the screenshot above) and is basically horizontal scrolling that breaks down content by genre, categories, etc. And you better get used to the twisting scheme, because it'll be the navigation method of choice, especially in the XBLM.

Speaking of the Marketplace, it too will see a makeover with the top level's options being narrowed down to "Recommended Content", "What's New", "Game Store", and "Video Store". Under those categories, navigation of the XBLM will be laid out in the new twist format accordingly. See, twisting is all the rage!

[color= rgb(0, 255, 51)]Finally, two other features will go live when the Fall Update gets released including a new "Personal Profile" section. This new section will be viewable on a person's gamercard and will allow approximately 500-1000 text characters to write a mini-biography, favorite links or anything a person chooses. It's very MySpace-esque and is aimed at going hand-in-hand with the new Friends of Friends feature. And the very last (and possibly most exciting) feature that'll be coming next week is the ability to delete XBLA demos off of your games played list. W00t! We're not sure if it'll be a network wide deletion or if you'll have to select each demo to remove, but it's coming and we know a[/color] LOT [color= rgb(0, 255, 51)]of gamers wanted to erase those nasty XBLA demos from their games played history.[/color]

That's about it for new Fall Update features and if you're the adventurous type, make the jump to either Impress or Famitsu to read about their Fall Update experiences. That is, if you have the ability to read Japanese.

FINALLY. Get those damn demos off my list. haha. MYSPACEtype feature don't sound too bad.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

micro$oft needs to be giving us some freebiies for all this crap with the network being down.. i didn't pay for 360 days, i paid for 365 damnit.

You know what sucks. I bought a 3 month a week ago the same day I bought Mass Effect. I would have gotten the 1 year card, but I'm broke. Now that I have to send in the 360 I'll miss one month of that, and I think my dad is cutting of my internet if I don't get a job soon......what a waste of 20 dollars....
smh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Call Microsoft, maybe theyll compensate you for missing out on 1 month of Live because your crappy xbox broke.

Assassin's Creed looks like it's on some MGS trip in terms of graphics. I have the money to buy it, but not the time. I've got CoD4 to play(haven't even begun the storymode) and I haven't touched two games I planned to have chunked out of the way by this time in Bionicle Heroes andWarTech. GH3 is ok, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in this thread or not but I'm glad I didn't pay the $100 for it. Halo is dead to me, asis Gears. Maybe once in a blue moon I'll play Rainbow Six or Uno.

December 2007 Video Playback FAQ

**Represents a new feature or change in functionality from the Spring 07 release.

**1.What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for AVI?

Xbox 360 supports the following for AVI:

·File Extensions: .avi, .divx

·Containers: AVI

·Video Profiles: MPEG-4 Part 2, Simple & Advanced Simple Profile

·Video Bitrate: 5 Mbps with resolutions of 1280 x 720 at 30fps. See question number 11 for more information.

·Audio Profiles: Dolby[emoji]174[/emoji] Digital 2 channel and 5.1 channel, MP3

·Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 11 for more information.

3.What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for MPEG-4 Part 2?

Xbox 360 supports the following for MPEG-4:

·File Extensions: .mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, .mov

·Containers: MPEG-4, QuickTime

·Video Profiles: Simple & **Advanced Simple Profile

·Video Bitrate: 5 Mbps with resolutions of 1280 x 720 at 30fps. See question number 11 for more information.

·Audio Profiles: 2 channel AAC low complexity (LC)

·Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 11 for more information.

5.Can I mix and match the video and audio codecs outside of those defined in questions 1 through 4 above?

No you cannot. We only support each audio and video codec in the explicit containers defined in questions 1 through 4.

6.How can I determine if a video file that I am trying to play conforms to the specifications as laid out in questions 1 through 4?

You can use a 3rd party tool to analyze your video files to determine what audio and video codec is used. A popular 3rd party tool to analyze video files can be found at http://www.headbands.com/gspot/.

7.How do I create WMV, AVI, H.264 and MPEG-4 content? What encoders does Xbox 360 support?

You can create this content on one of many 3rd-party applications. Xbox 360 supports many popular encoders. Specifically for encoding to WMV you can use Microsoft Expression Encoder or Windows Media Encoder.

**8.What specific features of Mpeg-4 Advanced Simple Profile does the Xbox 360 support?

The Xbox 360 supports Bidirectional Frames (BVOPs), Interlaced Frames, Quarter Pixel Motion Compensation, Global Motion Compensation, and MPEG Quantization.

9.What are the different ways to play video content on Xbox 360?

You can play video from a USB 2.0 FAT32 removable drive, optical media, and by streaming from the Zune software, Windows Media Player 11, or Windows Home Server.

10. What are the different video codecs that are supported in all the different ways to play video content on the Xbox 360?

See table below for more information:

852rhno.jpg

* = Please refer to question 32 on how to configure Windows Media Player to share these file types to the Xbox 360.

11.What is the "real" max bit rate, resolution, and frames per second that you support for all the different formats?

Xbox 360 does not specifically block video from playing based on a maximum bit rate, resolution, or frames per second. The maximums listed above for each codec are what we have tested for various video playback sources. Higher rated content will not be blocked, but playback may be less then optimal. Use higher bitrates at your own risk.

MORE INFO...CLICK HERE!!!!!!!!

If you want the Turok demo, pick up the newest issue of Xbox Magazine. The demo disc has Turok on it. I haven't played it yet though...

Wow, that Rockband smokes and lights kits is a bit much. What's next? Inflatable groupies?

Back
Top Bottom