Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
faf5d4f8-f66a-4ec3-bfdc-2be05767c7da.png

1fe4e043-8d29-479e-a3ab-3282c318821a.png

EYE always knew you liked apex RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

We got em :lol:

You can't have game preservation and make your console digital only.

Either the rumors of the next Xbox being digital only are false, or she's full of crap.

If the Xbox or Playstation ever go digital only, I'll just build a PC if I still want to play games.

I don't care if I'm in the minority so long as I have a choice between physical and digital. Physical music still rakes in millions of dollars through vinyl sales. Blu Ray sales still make hundreds of millions. There is still a market for physical. It would be extremely stupid for the video game industry to completely abandon it.

Last edited:
As someone who still buys CD’s and Vinyl.. I don’t understand wanting physical games.

The ability to pre download and just launch from your dashboard is so convenient.. along with the desk essentially just acting as a key to play, no reduced download size (that I know of), etc. it doesn’t make much sense to me, even.

If the Xbox or Playstation ever go digital only, I'll just build a PC if I still want to play games.

I don't care if I'm in the minority so long as I have a choice between physical and digital. Physical music still rakes in millions of dollars through vinyl sales. Blue Ray sales still make hundreds of millions. There is still a market for physical. It would be extremely stupid for the video game industry to completely abandon it.
Wait? I'm confused

You are saying that you will build a PC to make sure you have access to physical games?

Ah that makes sense

I thought this was from just a gaming perspective
old school gamers are collectors in general. you should visit the retro gaming thread to gather some perspective as far as the appeal and fascination goes.

Are the special edition of physical games even good now?
Case by case scenario. I feel that a lot of Limited Run Edition games actually have some decent collector items for their special editions. They just have terrible business practices that I'm not a fan of.

When it comes from companies directly, there are some good special editions, but they end up being obsolete with all the DLCs and other special editions that come down the line.

Back
Top Bottom