OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Ummmmmm it's an identical concept

Critical reception is not an indicator of audience reception

I keep trying to tell these boys that "critics" are dudes who work for companies and companies have agendas. They not trying to hear it.

This guy really pulled up Metacritic ratings lol.

It comes up every time. It's all they got. It's not hard to see how the album was received in reality.

Mediocrity

They keep giving it to us, we keep accepting it, even PRAISING it, so why would they do anything but give us more :smh:

Yeezus was and still is 
nthat.gif

Yeezus is [emoji]128052[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji] by far Ye's worst project.

When I first played that **** I thought I downloaded the wrong thing. No way Kanye starting his album with this wack *** On Sight song. I had bought every Knaye album up to that point. Nope, can't buy this one.

I liked Yeezus but refuse to acknowledge On Sight's existence. For a track that Daft Punk supposedly worked on its so bad.

Album is also full of first world problems complaining :lol:

Last edited:
On sight was fire. Maybe you guys don't like daft punk..?
Which is fine. I get it. But the only flaw with on sight is the sample in the middle of it breaking up the beat.

Wish there was a version without it.

You can laugh but if you like daft punk for production I don't see how you could not like on sight from a production standpoint.

Like what about it was bad..? It's typical daft punk. Stripped down beat that hits hard that builds as the song progresses.
It's actually similar to some **** the neptunes would have done IMO.

Daft punk throws this on in a concert without the lyrics and mixes it with anything from discovery or human after all and nobody would have a problem IMO.

Exactly he problem isn't the DP production.

It's the actually rapping

I can understand the hate for Yeezus. My girl doesn't like it either compared to Ye's other work. I'm not gonna front. When I first heard Yeezus, I wasn't feelin it except for really 'Blood on the Leaves'. I expected a MBDTF Part 2 or somethin. But the album grew on me and I came to love it. It was a big risk for him and it paid off. I respect how he's pushing hip hop ahead with new sound. The album honestly was ahead of it's time. Yeezus is an acquired taste. Not everybody gonna like it. It's probably 50/50 in 'audience reception.' You either gonna hate it or love it.

When I showed the critic's ratings, I know industry people are paid off to give good reviews, blah, blah, blah. But let's be real, Kanye is one of the most, if not the most hated on dude in the public eye. Critics ain't scared to criticize/hate on Kanye's work.

I

When I showed the critic's ratings, I know industry people are paid off to give good reviews, blah, blah, blah. But let's be real, Kanye is one of the most, if not the most hated on dude in the public eye. Critics ain't scared to criticize/hate on Kanye's work.

Quite the contrary . Kanye been getting a pass ever since he dubbed himself a "genius"...and ran with the high brow artsy shtick.

Kanye being the most hated dude in the public eye is all a facade. People love Kanye. It's the same with the kardashians they're supposedly hated but we know everyone loves them. wait, Kanye is a kardashian now so it all makes sense.

Last edited:
When Kanye became better then Jay-Z we all knew that he would never have a bad album

Kanye being the most hated dude in the public eye is all a facade. People love Kanye. It's the same with the kardashians they're supposedly hated but we know everyone loves them. wait, Kanye is a kardashian now so it all makes sense.

Yup. The only people that hate Kanye are stuffy white people over 40.

My close friends and myself love Kanye but I've talked to other friends of mine and everyday people and they can't stand dude.  

Same with the Yeezus album, I've seen that people either love or hate Kanye. The hate is definitely real.  

You can laugh but if you like daft punk for production I don't see how you could not like on sight from a production standpoint.

Like what about it was bad..? It's typical daft punk. Stripped down beat that hits hard that builds as the song progresses.
It's actually similar to some **** the neptunes would have done IMO.

You must not listen to a lot of Daft Punk because "On Sight", while having electronic elements, is not really in the same pocket.

And I don't think the Neptunes would have done it either. It's too "techy". Has no soul/groove IMO which is something both of the aforementioned production teams usually have in their work.

Quite the contrary . Kanye been getting a pass ever since he dubbed himself a "genius"...and ran with the high brow artsy shtick.
He's been calling himself a genius since Late Registration tho

I think he said the beat for On Sight was 20 min long, guess he picked the worst part

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom