OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

I sight didn't give me DP vibes. I junk more so industrial or NIN sound lol

Kanye West Now Has More Top 40 Hits Than Michael Jackson
August 8, 2016 | 11:28 AM
by Chris Mitchell
Kanye West Now Has More Top 40 Hits Than Michael Jackson

When ScHoolboy Q’s “THat Part” hit #40 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart this week, it became Kanye West’s fortieth appearance in the Top 40, according to the publication. That accolade launched him into the Top 10 for male artists with the most hits of all time, past Michael Jackson and Frankie Valli, who were tied at tenth with 39 hits each. Yeezy may have dethroned the King Of Pop, but he’s still only half way to matching The King himself, Elvis Presley, who leads the pack with 80 hits. Still, it shouldn’t be too tough for the “Famous” rapper to continue to further climb up the list especially since both Marvin Gaye’s and James Brown’s hitmaking ability has been impacted by their deaths.

Hip Hop has done exceptionally well on the list, with Lil Wayne, Drake and Jay Z taking the second, fourth and sixth spots, respectively.

Check out the list below.

80, Elvis Presley
69, Lil Wayne
57, Elton John
53, Drake
46, Stevie Wonder
45, Jay Z
44, James Brown
42, Chris Brown
41, Marvin Gaye
40, Kanye West

http://www.hiphopdx.com/news/id.39926/title.kanye-west-now-has-more-top-40-hits-than-michael-jackson

Last edited:
I think he said the beat for On Sight was 20 min long, guess he picked the worst part

That would make sense

Daft Punk used a lot of sounds like that on Human After All, but those songs actually progressed and built to something bigger

You can't say that for On Sight. It's a 3 note melody with almost no variation whatsoever

Can't listen to On Sight because of how bland the beat is.

Crazy considering Daft Punk and Ye are easily in my top 10 producers of all time regardless of genre.

Last edited:
You must not listen to a lot of Daft Punk because "On Sight", while having electronic elements, is not really in the same pocket.

And I don't think the Neptunes would have done it either. It's too "techy". Has no soul/groove IMO which is something both of the aforementioned production teams usually have in their work.
So I have all their albums and mixes from various shows and all that.

I've been listening to them for longer than most. Anyway why would you expect the same feeling for a song they're producing for someone to rap over that you would expect from them for stuff they make for themselves?
It's stripped down for Kanye to do whatever he's going to do to being life to the track. At least IMO.

Feels like ppl expected them to drop some discovery type **** and for him to spit over it. Na.

And there are plenty of neptunes produced songs that aren't very rhythmic/stripped down.

On sight sounds like some neptunes **** to me tbh.

Unpopular opinion on NT I guess but IMO if on sight dropped a decade and a half ago ****** would swear it was produced by the neptunes and if on sight ends up on alive 20XX mixed with too long or steam machine or some **** ****** will go nuts.

Like I wasn't feeling the last album like that but I'm good with it because I know as soon as they mix it with their other **** it's going to work. Just like human after all.

Last edited:
Critics can be paid to give good reviews yes, but you guys are trying to totally discredit critical reception as a means to judge an album.

Drake is the most mainstream-friendly, best selling, media darling in hip hop. Drake's last album was trash. The reviews for Drake's last album are trash.

Y'all want to paint it that being a mainstream star automatically = good press.

You act like Jay-Z wasn't MURDERED in reviews for Kingdom Come and Blueprint 3 and YES Magna Carta Holy Grail.

Critics liked Yeezus. Most fans liked the album. I love Yeezus. You don't. That's fine.

But stop twisting every argument to justify your distaste like it's representative of the world at large.

You just don't like it.

We get it.

We've got it for three years.

Ok.

Last edited:
On Sight is similar to that Fam-Lay beeper song in that they are both terrible beats

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair though, they did bless Fam-Lay with some fire in the same vein of On Sight.

Kinda miss that era of their production.

Critics can be paid to give good reviews yes, but you guys are trying to totally discredit critical reception as a means to judge an album.

I don't know what thread you're reading because not a single person has said any of the above.

Drake is the most mainstream-friendly, best selling, media darling in hip hop. Drake's last album was trash. The reviews for Drake's last album are trash.

You act like Jay-Z wasn't MURDERED in reviews for Kingdom Come and Blueprint 3 and YES Magna Carta Holy Grail.

Critics liked Yeezus. Most fans liked the album. I love Yeezus. You don't. That's fine.

But stop twisting every argument to justify your distaste like it's representative of the world at large.

You just don't like it.

We get it.

Ok.
Exactly.  

And we have people in here acting like critical reception is proof that Yeezus is objectively good...but you don't seem to have an issue with that

You just don't like it.

We get it.

Ok.

I wasn't aware that we were only allowed to express opinions in here once and only if they're positive

I guess I'll see myself out

You just don't like it.

We get it.

Ok.
Is 70 on metacritic.com "trash" though? That's higher than most albums.

On Sight was specifically meant to make the listener feel uncomfortable. If you said "wtf is this" the first time hearing it then the song served its purpose.

Not everyone can handle the raw & edginess of yeezus.

On Sight was specifically meant to make the listener feel uncomfortable. If you said "wtf is this" the first time hearing it then the song served its purpose.

Not everyone can handle the raw & edginess of yeezus.

Kanye is such a genius

And we have people in here acting like critical reception is proof that Yeezus is objectively good...but you don't seem to have an issue with that

You just don't like it.

We get it.

Ok.

I wasn't aware that we were only allowed to express opinions in here once and only if they're positive

I guess I'll see myself out

PLAN you know I

Last edited:
You must not listen to a lot of Daft Punk because "On Sight", while having electronic elements, is not really in the same pocket.

And I don't think the Neptunes would have done it either. It's too "techy". Has no soul/groove IMO which is something both of the aforementioned production teams usually have in their work.

I've been listening to them for longer than most. Anyway why would you expect the same feeling for a song they're producing for someone to rap over that you would expect from them for stuff they make for themselves?
It's stripped down for Kanye to do whatever he's going to do to being life to the track. At least IMO.

Feels like ppl expected them to drop some discovery type **** and for him to spit over it. Na.

You were the person who made the correlation between "On Sight" and the Daft Punk productions many of us enjoy.

Now you're suddenly saying that their work with Kanye was supposed to be a departure from what they normally do?

So then why, to your initial point, would I like "On Sight" if I'm normally a fan of Daft Punk's productions?

It doesn't add up.

As for the stripped down element, they've done plenty of songs with vocals. They don't need to strip down the entire song. You can leave pockets for vocals.

It's not even stripped down IMO. It's a chaotic mess. When I think stripped down, I think "Grindin'". More bare bones productions via the drums or instrumentation. I don't hear that from "On Sight".

It does add up. Grindin isn't on sight and vice versa. Like someone else mentioned, it was a long song and he took part of it. Of course it's not gonna sound exactly like something they did for their own album.

It's whatever tho. You don't like the song and I'm not gonna convince you that the production is dope. Peace.

:lol: at your math

You are contradicting yourself. I'm not sure how you don't see that.

Last edited:

You were the person who made the correlation between "On Sight" and the Daft Punk productions many of us enjoy.

Now you're suddenly saying that their work with Kanye was supposed to be a departure from what they normally do?

So then why, to your initial point, would I like "On Sight" if I'm normally a fan of Daft Punk's productions?

It doesn't add up.

As for the stripped down element, they've done plenty of songs with vocals. They don't need to strip down the entire song. You can leave pockets for vocals.

It's not even stripped down IMO. It's a chaotic mess. When I think stripped down, I think "Grindin'". More bare bones productions via the drums or instrumentation. I don't hear that from "On Sight".
I'm assuming this is the sample people (you?) keep referring to, but On Sight does sound like songs Daft Punk has made. A lot of Yeezus sounds like stuff they've done.

Back
Top Bottom