OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

This **** sounds like a movie soundtrack, cannot see too many rappers on these beats, and I cant see ANY rapper doing them better Pusha. Santeria is my favorite track for obvious reasons

The fact he revisited this beat and aint have at-least Ab on it is a travesty, still an excellent song. Not sure who wrote it but that was the best Kanye verse I've heard in years

Original Sample

Newer Sample

Honestly this beat is just Flames man

Already knew we would have people saying this was great just because it's Pusha and YE, but damn this was awful. Lyrically Pusha is always solid, but the beats on this I could not get down with. One of my favorite tracks of all time is "Drugs" by Lil Kim and "Santeria" was such a terrible use of the same sample.

My two big takeaways.
1) Album screams trying way to hard all around. Beats sounded sloppy and overdone (as expected)
2) Pusha + Pharell > Pusha and anyone else and it's not even close.

It's interesting to call this "trying too hard" because if anything this album is Pusha at the most stripped down he's ever been. The beats are just soul samples and loops... Over done? Havwe you ever HEARD a pharrell beat without Chad? He throws dogwhistles and hi hats on them just for fun.

The criticisms are weird. There's something else there.

Original Sample

Newer Sample

Honestly this beat is just Flames man

XXplosive ripped that other portion of Bumpy's Lament right?

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

My only gripe with this is that i want MORE man. Dassit

I wonder if at the end of June, the goal of 5 7 track projects was for it to be some sort of playlist that exercises all of these artist's strengths

DeBS4_DU8AAEic_.jpg

It's interesting to call this "trying too hard" because if anything this album is Pusha at the most stripped down he's ever been. The beats are just soul samples and loops... Over done? Havwe you ever HEARD a pharrell beat without Chad? He throws dogwhistles and hi hats on them just for fun.

The criticisms are weird. There's something else there.

I don't think you comprehend what over done means when it comes to production. While I somewhat agree with the soul samples and loops I don't think the samples they choose or how they were used was done very well. This plays into my feeling that they tried to hard. Beats sound forced together with way more production then needed (90% of Hip Hop producers are guilty of this now so no Ye diss).

Soul samples and loops = Pete Rock

You are also way off thinking Pharrell uses those types of sounds "for fun". The difference is when Pharrell uses a dog whistle it actually works with the track. IMO Pharrell would use a dog whistle to make a better sounding track, Ye would use a dog whistle to say look I used a dog whistle on this track.

This is not some ground breaking production here. While I don't really like or dislike Kanye I just do not understand where all these people are coming up with the praise for what I consider production that's really average at best.

Just heard it once so I need to sit on it for a few days before I start analyzing :lol: I like what I’ve heard so far tho

Oh.. NOW it’s okay to kill Baby?
youngsabu.png

nikkas looked at me crazy, like I really killed a baby
scusthov.png

Salute Ross, 'cause the message was pure
aqDwC.png

He see what I see when you see Wayne on tour
mjlol.png

Flash without the fire
scusthov.png

Another multi-platinum rapper trapped and can’t retire
QbadP.png

nikkas get exposed, I see the cracks.. and I'm the liar?
gucci3.png

****, I've been exposed.. I took the crack and built the wire
rejoice.png

Now who do you admire?
obama.png
- Pusha T (Infrared)

Lil Wayne’s soul somewhere burning slow listening to this ****
sabu.png

Attachments

• mjdreads.png
    mjdreads.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
Already knew we would have people saying this was great just because it's Pusha and YE, but damn this was awful. Lyrically Pusha is always solid, but the beats on this I could not get down with. One of my favorite tracks of all time is "Drugs" by Lil Kim and "Santeria" was such a terrible use of the same sample.

My two big takeaways.
1) Album screams trying way to hard all around. Beats sounded sloppy and overdone (as expected)
2) Pusha + Pharell > Pusha and anyone else and it's not even close.
Add Chad to that. Pharrell needs Chad IMO. It's just not the same without him.

Listening to malice, it seems more like Chad was the backbone of the neptunes sound.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom