OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Continuing his trend of redefining what mainstream pop/hip-hop music can be. A true rock star.

Super duper excited for this but not sure it can surpass the grand scale of MBDTF. I listened to that album in full the other day and it's still leaps and bounds above rap albums being released today.

As long as Kanye doesn't rehash old ideas, which he never does, he always be fresh, exciting, and ahead of the curve. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but someone like 'Ye needs to reign himself in a bit because his ego is infinite. These songs don’t feel like ‘songs’, they just feel like Kanye’s saying whatever the **** he feels like saying regardless of if it works musically. Guess I'll just go "buy his old albums" - again...

Over some time in the past couple of years people have come to the conclusion that an ARTIST should in some weird way make music for them..... He is CLEARLY trying to get a certain message and feeling out because that's what artist do. They speak on what's bothering or affecting THEM. It's the fans choice to like it or not but i'm sick of people telling artist what subjects they should or shouldn't touch on.

Kanye's been always hit, and miss with me.  Dope, even brilliant tracks here and there, and total head scratchers (Like that whole 808's project).  "Late Registration" is my fav Kanye album by far.

Anwyays, not feeling  'Black Skinheads" (I get the Death Grips comparison's, and I like them), but I'm feeling "New Slaves".  

Yup.

Hate the man that puts a roof over your head, clothes on your back, food in your stomach, trips in private jets across the globe, the clothes your rep and did the surgery on your jaw.... :smh:

This is the ENTIRE point of him doing this **** right here...... **** what you think, how you feel, any changes you want to make just be grateful that someone GAVE him this position :rolleyes. Know your role and let the checks keep coming in ?..........

Rumored to be a digital release via iTunes FIRST just like WTT, with physical copies in store shortly after.

Hot 97 was playing the SNL rip of 'New Slaves' earlier this morning. :lol: Rosenberg said Kanye isn't giving up the record because it's unfinished. And probably won't drop ANY singles.

6.18.13 can't come soon enough.

Rumored to be a digital release via iTunes FIRST just like WTT, with physical copies in store shortly after.

Hot 97 was playing the SNL rip of 'New Slaves' earlier this morning. :lol: Rosenberg said Kanye isn't giving up the record because it's unfinished. And probably won't drop ANY singles.

6.18.13 can't come soon enough.

thats the only way it wont leak

Dudes saying kanye pushing boundaries like artist like immortal tech and brother ail dont exist

to tell you the truth I don't really listen to much of either one of them much, but there's a HUGE difference btwn them pushing boundaries and Kanye Doing it. Nobody gives a **** if your pushing boundaries if nobody realizes it happens. Kanye is one of the biggest artist in MUSIC overall when he makes a move all eyes are on him. So by literally being spread across the world through projection he stopped what the world was doing... to hear him talk about "New Slaves".

Kanye has brought punk to mainstream hip hop. If you don't like Black Skin Heads then it wasn't made for you. However, anyone that knows Cerebral Ballsy and the like would probably dig this.

Kanye has brought punk to mainstream hip hop. If you don't like Black Skin Heads then it wasn't made for you. However, anyone that knows Cerebral Ballsy and the like would probably dig this.

Exactly to be quite frank I don't like Black skinhead at all, i've never liked punk rock & quite frankly i don't think it will but the fact that he's been missing in the media for months comes on SNL and debuts what seems to be a heavily inspired by punk rock song with Conscious rap lyrics all while probably wearing a 10k plus attire is nothing more than a mashup of different cultures... Everyone isn't going to like it but that message is now being spread to middle america, Ghetto america, Rich america, White america all at the same time.

Im hyped for this new cd 
pimp.gif

No singles?

It seems like he's going full guerilla marketing with this one. There won't even be a CDQ of a song until the album is released. Just low-quality recordings of live performances and video projections.

To those who think that's impossible or would hurt his sales - Kanye got thousands of people to flock to buildings to see a projection of a song. He can get people to flock to an album even if they know nothing about it.

Hater Boxden is literally creating resentment from me towards Kanye just by bein the annoying Stan that he is.

Shut up dude, we get it he's your idol. Stop being so defensive about everything were obviously all in this thread because we're still interested in Kanyes music. Don't need a 14 year old kid annoyingly being his hype man tryna push Kanye into everyone's lives.

Last edited:
The great thing about MBDTF was that it was dark, it was different, but it sounded beautiful. Legit chills when I heard Dark Fantasy for the first time. With this project it is definitely dark, but it just sounds like noise to me. 

The great thing about MBDTF was that it was dark, it was different, but it sounded beautiful. Legit chills when I heard Dark Fantasy for the first time. With this project it is definitely dark, but it just sounds like noise to me. 
Real talk. Best comment I've heard in here. I guess there's just been so much quality feel good music released this year that to hear straight up anger is hard to digest right now. I'm still coming off the high that is Random Access Memories and this is just a dude screaming about the troubles in his life. I have hope the rest of the album won't be so bleak but who knows. So far all the stark production doesn't make me think it'll be anything but his ode to NIN and Marilyn Manson.

No singles?

It seems like he's going full guerilla marketing with this one. There won't even be a CDQ of a song until the album is released. Just low-quality recordings of live performances and video projections.

To those who think that's impossible or would hurt his sales - Kanye got thousands of people to flock to buildings to see a projection of a song. He can get people to flock to an album even if they know nothing about it.

ye was trending world wide on twitter when he released new slaves on the buildings

i think a lot of people know now i just wish he confirmed things on SNL atleast be like june 18 album coming out go cop that or somethig

that wouldve helped imo

Last edited:
Real talk. Best comment I've heard in here. I guess there's just been so much quality feel good music released this year that to hear straight up anger is hard to digest right now. I'm still coming off the high that is Random Access Memories and this is just a dude screaming about the troubles in his life. I have hope the rest of the album won't be so bleak but who knows. So far all the stark production doesn't make me think it'll be anything but his ode to NIN and Marilyn Manson.

So let me get this you have heard two songs out of a presumed 14-18 track album... One song is mostly screaming... the other in which he CLEARLY states every lyric and sounds nothing like punk rock... you somehow have gotten the impression that this album is going to be (his ode to NIN and Marilyn Manson.) because of one track?

And for the last time KANYE is filthy ****** rich... and is a world icon his album is going to sell regardless

Last edited:

I've read there's upbeat stuff on here, even stuff akin to College Dropout, but I dunno how credible that is.

That "Awesome" autotuned song should indicate it's not all dark. Though that kinda sucked. Might just be some interlude though

Back
Top Bottom