OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

So let me get this you have heard two songs out of a presumed 14-18 track album... One song is mostly screaming... the other in which he CLEARLY states every lyric and sounds nothing like punk rock... you somehow have gotten the impression that this album is going to be (his ode to NIN and Marilyn Manson.) because of one track?

And for the last time KANYE is filthy ****** rich... and is a world icon his album is going to sell regardless

Yes his album is gonna sell well regardless.

I'm just wondering why Def Jam would let him do this... even if they're confident the album would sell well, they're still missing out on the iTunes and Amazon money.

Paul Rosenberg confirmed no singles on the radio today, so I guess they don't have a problem with it for whatever reason.

NO singles just means either A higher Album Sales or when the album actually does release people will have their choice of the singles they want. Not to mention a big part about Ye has always been his impact & the perception he gives off as this larger than life Artist... Can you imagine how it will look when he pretty much drop kicks the industries plan on how records are supposed to be released and goes #1 anyway.

Already look how the album is being marketed it's complete genius...

-Ye been MIA for months no tours, no videos, no singles
- He tweets a date
- Does a few pop up shows
- Names the album yeezus (people are actually referring to him as yeezus on social media)
- Literally appears all across the world speaking his word so to say... having all his "followers" meet together in the streets
- You've only been given a date... no indication of what it's going to be but you know that day is coming

and then think back to the origin of what this album was going to be called (I AM GOD).... this dude is really rolling out his album to the world like a biblical event

NO singles just means either A higher Album Sales or when the album actually does release people will have their choice of the singles they want. Not to mention a big part about Ye has always been his impact & the perception he gives off as this larger than life Artist... Can you imagine how it will look when he pretty much drop kicks the industries plan on how records are supposed to be released and goes #1 anyway.

- He tweets a date
- Names the album yeezus (people are actually referring to him as yeezus on social media)
- Literally appears all across the world speaking his word so to say... having all his "followers" meet together in the streets
- You've only been given a date... no indication of what it's going to be but you know that day is coming

and then think back to the origin of what this album was going to be called (I AM GOD).... this dude is really rolling out his album to the world like a biblical event

goat

Just a FYI, MBDTF was said to not have any singles either but we got a Visual piece for "Power", a controversial video for "Monster" that didn't play on BET, a 30 minute movie for Runaway, and an All of The Lights video. I even think we got another video after that :lol:

- He tweets a date

I agree the marketing angle is genius. The only way to hear the songs is to snatch a recording of a visual that was broadcasted across the world. I'm guessing Kanye in all his persuasiveness was able to convince Def Jam that this strategy - including not dropping a single on iTunes - would net higher album sales, making up for any money lost not posting a song on iTunes.

Either that, or Def Jam just values Kanye and his vision more than the $$ from singles.

Pretty crazy. Dropping a new single on the radio/iTunes doesn't mean instant buzz anymore. Kanye recognizes more needs to be done to generate that buzz.

Real talk. Best comment I've heard in here. I guess there's just been so much quality feel good music released this year that to hear straight up anger is hard to digest right now. I'm still coming off the high that is Random Access Memories and this is just a dude screaming about the troubles in his life. I have hope the rest of the album won't be so bleak but who knows. So far all the stark production doesn't make me think it'll be anything but his ode to NIN and Marilyn Manson.
So let me get this you have heard two songs out of a presumed 14-18 track album... One song is mostly screaming... the other in which he CLEARLY states every lyric and sounds nothing like punk rock... you somehow have gotten the impression that this album is going to be (his ode to NIN and Marilyn Manson.) because of one track?

And for the last time KANYE is filthy ****** rich... and is a world icon his album is going to sell regardless
Wow I didn't realize someone could be so offended by a statement. But Ye stans always ride or die. And I did say "I have hope" the rest won't be so bleak, but from what I've heard it sounds like that. That's not to say it can't be different. But hey that's just my opinion, what does that really matter because clearly yours is better.

Just a FYI, MBDTF was said to not have any singles either but we got a Visual piece for "Power", a controversial video for "Monster" that didn't play on BET, a 30 minute movie for Runaway, and an All of The Lights video. I even think we got another video after that :lol:

Looking back this is all true. The Power video took 3 months to drop :lol:

^ He also had GOOD Fridays to keep the buzz going for MBDTF, which I still think was an awesome experiment.
Some quality tracks came out of that crop imo.

Last edited:
^ He also had GOOD Fridays to keep the buzz going for MBDTF, which I still think was an awesome experiment.
Those GOOD Fridays tracks were insane.

Couldnt believe the majority of them didnt make the final album.

i still play good fridays from time to time **** is awesome :pimp:

power remix
chain heavy
CDDF
lord lord lord
take one for the team
dont look down
looking for trouble

man... :pimp:

Last edited:
G.O.O.D. Fridays are still on heavy rotation.

"Good Friday" is the most played song on my iTunes, I remember the day it came out. :x :wow: :smokin

Last edited:
How long yall think till the album leaks?

what if it doesnt and Ye keeps it so locked tight we wont here it till June 17th or something like that'

would be crazy everybody in they momma would be at the Targets, Best Buys, and so on's trying to get they hand on a copy

I hope it doesn't leak a la Watch The Throne. 8)

Christmas in Harlem
162fcg.gif

How long yall think till the album leaks?

what if it doesnt and Ye keeps it so locked tight we wont here it till June 17th or something like that'

would be crazy everybody in they momma would be at the Targets, Best Buys, and so on's trying to get they hand on a copy

the best ye can do is release on itunes first then physical copies 1 week after if he does that i highly doubt its gonna leak

he did that with MBDTF and WTT nothing leaked unless he leaked it himself

correct me if im wrong though :tongue:

Even Christmas in Harlem is a banger around Xmas time. Cam :pimp:

bruh i was playing christmas in harlem in the whip and my friends, girlfriend, sister would ALL look at me crazy like why you playing a christmas song? :rofl:

after that i was like dont judge me :lol: ill leave it alone til the time comes :tongue:

Last edited:
Not a fan of all this pro black chit. No need to yell to get your point across. Pathetic.

I miss the old Ye.

^ I think the difference is that he was a lot less ignorant back then. Always been somewhat pro-black though.

Back
Top Bottom