OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

a lot of you guys are buying into hype right now. Im sure some people on here pulled the trigger on some of the colorways that they don't even like but buy it anyway because of the hype . SMH

I think the POP are wack
I don't agree.  I would say, if you have at least a little inkling of liking a certain colorway, then you should just get the shoe because chances are you'll regret it later if you end up liking it.  If later down the road you really don't like the shoe, then just resell it (for retail or close to retail).  Win-win situation.  Off course if you really don't like a colorway off the bat (USCs & Rices for me) then don't even bother with them.  I like the Dukes when they first released but not that much.  Now if I want a pair, I have to pay reseller prices for them, so in the end, I'm going to end up missing out on them because I don't want to pay $40 over retail.

Next purchases:
Inlines (another pair)
Del Sols
POPs x2
Miles Davis
USA
Blackout

^^ I think its inevitable that we all buy into the "hype" to some degree.  Once exposed to something over and over and over again, it becomes more difficult to "turn it off" and say to yourself," I just dont like that.period. end of story"  For me, Chaos were initially a little "weird" looking, but once I began to see more pictures closer and closer to release, I was like, hey, that's actually pretty unique- I got 'em- I like 'em, and I am glad I did- I haven't worn them, nor do I know if I ever will, but to me it is an interesting and eye catching shoe.  Certain colorways, for example, the V-days, do absolutely nothing for me.  If I had spare money laying around, I don't think I would even consider them on a major discount.  That being said, I have been guilty and probably will be again of "buying into the hype" on one thing or another.  I think as a long time shoehead, its in most of us, on one level or another.  I buy what I like.  Sometimes I like certain things more than others.  What I like typically is driven by my taste, and my perceptions of what colors I like, go well with other things I have, etc.... but there is always the element of "public perception" that creeps into our thought process either consciously or subconsciously whether we recognize it or not.  Just my two cents. 

I really like the Aways but I think my 2nd pair of Vs will be the Del Sols...

Eagerly awaiting a confirmed RD
nerd.gif

This is my opinion, and my opinion only, but neither lace change look good bro.

The flat style laces you put in them are whack.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Flat laces do not make these shoes look good at all.

OG Away laces > Custom lace change
The stock away laces are perfect for them.  Idk why alot of people have problems with them.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

The stock away laces are perfect for them.  Idk why alot of people have problems with them.

Exactly, the only laces I have a problem with are the V'Day laces.  I would change them to black, but no flat laces, they don't look good on the V's.

Yea v-days are the only laces nike messed up with (so far). All the other lace changes are by preference. Flat laces are a def no-no though.

Can't wait to see what happens in the playoffs. Kobe V Finals Home/Away HOPEFULLY, along with a "5 Rings" pair....

Just copped Inlines with that $30 off coupon, love em. I'm liking the Draft Days as well. V-Days look nice and simple and it's looking like i'll get a pair eventually.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Can't wait to see what happens in the playoffs. Kobe V Finals Home/Away HOPEFULLY, along with a "5 Rings" pair....

Just copped Inlines with that $30 off coupon, love em. I'm liking the Draft Days as well. V-Days look nice and simple and it's looking like i'll get a pair eventually.
"HOPEFULLY" is the key word. the iv's finals home/away were nice. HOPEFULLY the lakers will make it back to the finals and i hope the finals' v's can top the iv's.

people on the fence about the chaos.... i really like these.

i only have chaos and away... two of the most widely available cw's. while the dks, allstars, bls etc are much more limited, in my eyes the chaos and away are the best cws in this collection.

there's a reason kobe debuted the zkv with the chaos. it looks nice.

and there's a reason nike used away's all over the kobe v minisite. it looks nice.

JUST MY OPINION!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by thethrill909

^^ Notorious- Were those shirts loose fit? Also, was there an exclusive shoe release for them at HOH like the other HOH's? Nice pics BTW!
I didn't try the shirt on.. I believe its true to size.
and they had all Kobe's and Lebrons... except All-star stuff, Dark Knights, and Bruce Lees.

Balled in my Chaos's today. Broke necks on the court. Felt really goooood. Maybe the best shoe i played ball in in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom