OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

I have a question about the USA kobe V's

Are there 3 different colorways?
1)USA "UWR"
2)These
nike-zoom-kobe-v-usa-1.jpg

3)These
NikeZoomKobeVUSABasketball1.jpg

The first shoe pictured was a sample and did not release in mass quantities. They might have released in very small quantities overseas. The second shoe pictured is the final version of the first shoe pictured. It was pretty much a GR. As were the UWRs.

So technically there were 3 USA colorways, but only 2 were released in mass quantities. My favorite is the shoe that didn't get released.

Originally Posted by KG21

The first shoe pictured was a sample and did not release in mass quantities. They might have released in very small quantities overseas. The second shoe pictured is the final version of the first shoe pictured. It was pretty much a GR. As were the UWRs.

So technically there were 3 USA colorways, but only 2 were released in mass quantities. My favorite is the shoe that didn't get released.

Sorry for not knowing this but whats a GR? and thanks for the clarification

Originally Posted by reggie16

Originally Posted by KG21

Sorry for not knowing this but whats a GR? and thanks for the clarification

General release. Welcome dude!

GR = General Release

Might want to check local outlets, but at this point I don't know of any places that still carry the V's other than maybe some footlockers/footactions.

Originally Posted by 430AM

So are the soles yellowing on everyone's Dark Knights? I have a couple pairs and it seems like all of them have that yellowing issue around the red pods... Mine are all DS.
grin.gif
Just looked at my pair,they're yellowing in the same spot.

Mine aren't icey anymore cuz I wear them all the time lmao but they haven't really begun to "yellow", fade yes.

Speaking of Dark Knight, how much are DS size 11 pairs going for nowadays? No one answered me in my price check thread.

Originally Posted by sneakefreake

Originally Posted by 430AM

So are the soles yellowing on everyone's Dark Knights? I have a couple pairs and it seems like all of them have that yellowing issue around the red pods... Mine are all DS.
grin.gif
Just looked at my pair,they're yellowing in the same spot.
Yeah I think it's moreso the glue than actual yellowing soles. If you look at some 2009 Space Jams, the glue yellowed the soles the exact same way. The DK's I have are barely yellowing, but you can def. notice some color change tho. 

Nowadays... Nike x clear soles =
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

Originally Posted by 23NoKaOi

Speaking of Dark Knight, how much are DS size 11 pairs going for nowadays? No one answered me in my price check thread.

$175-$200.....
Thank you mjrod1985!! The hunt continues...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

$175-$200.....
Thank you mjrod1985!! The hunt continues...
laugh.gif

Good Luck on the hunt 
happy.gif

Nice pickup on the USCs up there...

I know you guys have seen these a million times but im new here and these are my first pair of ZKV'S. But i love them so much already now i see why you guys are addicted to them.

This is pretty much my favorite colorway behind Bruce Lees (which i wasnt gonna fork over the cash for lol)

sorry for the crappy pic

By the way. do most of you guys just wear them casually or do you play in them or collect them? Just wondering

I wear mine casually mostly but I have a few pairs for ball. Anyone have beater pics of their v's? I want to see how this shoe looks after playing ball over time. These shoes sure can take a beating thats 4sure.

Don't have pics, but I've completely beaten my DKs into the ground. Soles are pretty much yellowed now, and there are even a couple small tears on the flywire upper. For a beat shoe though, they still look half-decent since they don't crease at all lol.

Originally Posted by trunkz550

I wear mine casually mostly but I have a few pairs for ball. Anyone have beater pics of their v's? I want to see how this shoe looks after playing ball over time. These shoes sure can take a beating thats 4sure.

Yea... Mines are mostly for Casual use... I do have a pair or 2 for ball tho... 

Oh yea, here's a couple beater pics of my Blackouts... as you can see, there's still life left...

I retired them a few weeks back and sold them for $19.35 bucks after shipping cost... 

My Laker Aways & Del Sols will be my next beaters as they are the next most frequently used...

^Rod! Whats good fam? Thanks for the pix man. Crazy the durability of this shoe, a beater actually doesn't look that bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom