OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Yeah I gotta agree. The Vs just have a better and more immediate lockdown feel to them that I haven't felt quite as much with the VIs. In the defense of the VIs though, the fit gets better as they get broken in, but out of the box, the Vs > VIs performance wise to me. The VIs are more comfortable though.

dont know enough about performance but the 6's have better fit right out of the box. the 5's toebox was stiff and uncomfortable .

dont know enough about performance but the 6's have better fit right out of the box. the 5's toebox was stiff and uncomfortable .

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by boogeda

played on my somewhat beat v's last night, and i have to say that it's still a performance beast. very comfortable when i stopped, cut, and sprinted.

v > vi performance wise.
QFT

have you guys actually broken in the VI's tho? it takes more than a few hours... maybe like 10+ 
i just got my IDs in and wore them today, they feel alright but not as good as the V's... but i know they'll feel amazing in a week or so. 

Originally Posted by LA KB24

has anyone went running in there Vs???

i did yday and i think they are good to run on too

Been using the V's as one of my running shoes since last year. Never encountered any problems while using them.

Picked these up at the Rack...too bad they're size 16
laugh.gif

Trying to decide if I should sell them or keep them as a display piece...

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

I gotta keep my eye out for v rings. I shoulda bought when I had the chance, it was under retail too. Now I don't see my size anywhere and if I do, their gonna be expensive. Smh.

Just bought a pair. 165 shipped. Thanks Jada.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

If there is someone who truly disagrees with the 5 being "bar none" better than the 6 performance wise I would love to hear their argument.  In fact, I would be curious if Kobe actually feels like the 6 is superior to the 5 perf. wise.  The fact that so many college and pro players continue to ball in the 5s, when I am sure 6s are readily at their disposal, speaks somewhat to that matter.  Off the top of my head, Luke Ridnour, Harrison Barnes, Dragic, some of the Duke players,  quite a few Big East teams' players, and plenty other lesser known players are still seen rocking 5s.  
I disagree. I've played in my 6s and my 5s to the point that I can make a fair comparison. The 6s are more comfortable, has that lockdown fit
without the stiff feeling the 5 always give you.

Traction is way better, I don't think it's even up for debate. Take a look at how much "herringbone"
there is on the outsole of the zk5 and the zk6. The heartbeat traction has less surface area coverage.. compare that to the 6's lungs/scale design:
kobe-v-black-5.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-VI-white-neutral-grey-concord-2.jpg

the straight line nature of the 5s traction makes it less sticky when you stop making you slide a little forward or backward. To say it simply, the
zoom kobe 6 has the better modified herringbone traction. I haven't heard my 5s squeak as well. Whereas my 6 did after several games and
I had my 5s longer... The zk6 also has a better heel traction because the 5 has that phylon sticking out (for comfort). So instead of having that
diamond shape area as a traction point for stopping with the use of rubber with traction... you're left with the slippery phylon with the shuzoku
logo painted on. Very bad when you're trying to stop immediately... you're heel slides.

Zoom-Kobe-VI-Del-Sol-M-11m-570x427.jpg

This little shark fin thing on the side also serves as a lockdown element encapsulating your feet in the midsole. Making your feet sort
of one with the sneakers even more so.

heel lockdown is also better (I must admit that I've had heel slippage with the 6 but after breaking them in...) check the heel counters:
Nike-Zoom-Kobe-V-Ring-Ceremony-heel-287x189.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vi-rice-new-images-04.jpg

the 5 has that acceptably standard heel counter but check out the 6's: it has the same small heel counter with extended arms
going forward on both sides. If you tie your shoe just right, you'll feel your heel sitting in the middle and the arms wrapping
them tight (you'll feel this after your break them in of course...) giving a better and more secure heel lockdown.

The 6 is more breathable for obvious reasons...
zoom-kobe-v-eggplant-01-570x427.jpg

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-VI-Chaos-6.jpg

The ankle padding is also more comfortable with that memory foam type material they used.

It doesn't really matter what shoe ridnour and dragic use. It's what channing frye, JR smith, peja, raja bell, landry, DeRoz
and Black Mamba likes to wear.
roll.gif
  But seriously, more players wear the 6 now... and the people who keep
wearing the 5s might have problems with the 6s appearance... The scales tend to turn off people especially if you're not
into that whole black mamba thing.
ohwell.gif
Because damn, the 6s are better...

That being said, I still play in my 5s once in a while. But I keep looking for my del sol 6 after a while. Matter of fact, I missed
playing in the 5s I played in them in my game last night. But in all honesty... 6>5
embarassed.gif

I hope my argument is worthy of your standards Bryscooplaygrifhold... PEACE OUT! 
laugh.gif

I agree. VI > V . V forefoot set up is way too low and firm for my liking. The VI have that thicker foam and better sock liner

Kobeoverbron,

Definitely appreciate your argument and some of the points you made.  I think some of the reasons you mentioned for not liking the 5s, are some of the reasons I like them more, but I do agree that the 5 has a stiffer, less breatheable, less refined feel to it to a certain degree.  Bottom line, I think it all comes down to what you are used to.  I am sure if I balled 5 times a week like some of you fellas and worked my 6s in as some of my 5s are now, they would eventually become the norm.  For right now though, my 6s are mainly casual, with a little ball mixed in, while 5s are mainly for balling.  Mind you,  I am a recreational player (at best) and don't do nearly the damage that some of you NT'ers do.  The scales bothered me immensely at first, but once you get used to seeing them, I think they just sorta work. I still dont love them, but I accept them.  As for traction,  I have not found the 6 to be remarkably better than the 5, but I will definitely try and get a better sense of that next time around.  Next time I go to the gym, I am going to take both and try and alternate between games.

i agree 5s are better than the 6s looks and peformance wise. i have both shoes and the 5s have better snug fit for balling. the 6s have softer insoles though good for casual wear. i also have friends complaining about the 6s getting hot inside. the 5s have vent holes to keep the shoes cooler.

the more I play in my VI's I realize they are just as good as the V's....it's just a few games to get ready to go.

I feel the Vs are better than the VIs performance wise too. Several guys in the NBA and during the NCAA tourney were rocking the Vs still. That says a lot about the shoe. But I do love several VIs for casual wear. Everyone's foot is different though.

^ The same thing happened with the IV's...Plenty of dudes in the NBA were still rocking the IV's when the V's were out this same time last year.

wow i love all the detailed comparisons between the v and vi's u guys are throwing out..
as for me.. i can't tell lol.. they both feel good to me when i ball in either one.. haha

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

^ The same thing happened with the IV's...Plenty of dudes in the NBA were still rocking the IV's when the V's were out this same time last year.
keep it mind it also has to do with the availability of colorways....

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Kobeoverbron,

Definitely appreciate your argument and some of the points you made.  I think some of the reasons you mentioned for not liking the 5s, are some of the reasons I like them more, but I do agree that the 5 has a stiffer, less breatheable, less refined feel to it to a certain degree.  Bottom line, I think it all comes down to what you are used to.  I am sure if I balled 5 times a week like some of you fellas and worked my 6s in as some of my 5s are now, they would eventually become the norm.  For right now though, my 6s are mainly casual, with a little ball mixed in, while 5s are mainly for balling.  Mind you,  I am a recreational player (at best) and don't do nearly the damage that some of you NT'ers do.  The scales bothered me immensely at first, but once you get used to seeing them, I think they just sorta work. I still dont love them, but I accept them.  As for traction,  I have not found the 6 to be remarkably better than the 5, but I will definitely try and get a better sense of that next time around.  Next time I go to the gym, I am going to take both and try and alternate between games.
Yeah, ULTIMATELY, it will go right down to what you prefer because both shoes are excellent for ball.
But in saying that, we would have killed the argument and for argument's sake: I stand by the zk6 being better.
No hate here or any sort of fighting, I just want to really stretch the conversation of which is better. And it's
definitely not far fetched to say that the 5s are better for ball because the shoe has the tools to be the best.
But after many games (and another game tomorrow
laugh.gif
), I find that the 6s do the job better for me
given the right amount of breaking in. But like I do with the zk4, I show them respect once in a while and
use them when I can. dude, good luck with your zk6 and I'm glad that you still enjoy playing in your zk5
like I do.

Back
Top Bottom