* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

All my guys are Stonefacing me at the thought of trading Noah for Melo!! I feel like i'm the only Bulls fan willing to do this in a heartbeat!
Who would play center for the Bulls? Noah has a good upside in the future. Then Deng wouldn't get any burn with Melo at the 3. Doesn't make any sense
Omer Asik. I'm pretty sure Deng would be included if we're giving up Noah.

FB, that avatar is sick.

If the Bulls can get Carmelo, they do it by any means necessary I guess.

A core of Rose, Melo, Booz, and Brewer.

Damn good.

As CP said, the match-ups in the playoffs, sick...

I would hope that the Bulls could keep Noah, but if they can't, they still have to make this deal.  You have to get Melo, just adds to Boozer's work load hustle wise, but it would ease his scoring duties, so he should be able to help cover for the loss of Noah.  They went thru this with the Deng/Kobe thing, I'm betting they learned their lesson. 

If Den demands Noah, just do it and don't look back.  You miss out on Melo, and he goes to the Knicks, it'll hurt even more.  Just do it Chicago. 

Yeah, if Joakim Noah is the dealbreaker, then you've failed.

Of course they're MUCH better off if they can get a deal done without giving up Noah, but I think that's the only chance they have, unless New York doesn't get rid of both Randolph+Rooster, which I honestly think they'd need to do.

Francisco Elson signs with the Jazz.

Good big to have in reserve behind all their other bigs.

If the Nuggets do trade Melo away then they are pretty much starting over after this coming season with all those contracts coming off. Might as well send Nene to the Bulls if they get Noah.

Melo, Nuggets have yet to meet on his future
By Chris Dempsey
The Denver Post

Posted: 09/09/2010 12:09:10 PM MDT

A resolution to the Nuggets' drawn out negotiations with Carmelo Anthony will only come after the two sides formally meet, but that hasn't happened yet. That meeting is expected to happen soon.

The Nuggets want to get a firm, final answer from Anthony on whether he wants to remain in Denver. The team offered a three-year, $65 million contract extension early this summer and Anthony has not responded.

New Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri said at his introductory news conference last week that he wanted to sit down with Melo as soon as possible in order to lay out the team's vision and try to convince him to sign the contract extension. That meeting has not yet happened.

If Melo won't sign the extension, the Nuggets will seek a trade so they get something in return as opposed to letting him become a free agent next summer and getting nothing.

Melo's only public comments on the matter came last month when he said he would take his time and assess the situation.

Yahoo Sports, citing NBA sources, reported Wednesday that Melo is hoping to be traded and would like it to happen before the season. Anthony's preference would be to go to either the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks, an NBA source with knowledge of Anthony's wishes told Yahoo Sports. The Knicks have little in trade value, however, while the Bulls have many more possible trade chips.

Chris Dempsey: 303-954-1279 or cdempsey@denverpost.com
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16032664#ixzz0z4kRNmUz

i just want him to get traded now, enough with the BS. he said he wants out so trade him before camp starts.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

man i would love to see
rose
korver
melo
boozer

vs

wade
miller
lebron
bosh
Ronnie Brewer >>>>>>>> Korver.

If the Bulls had gotten JJ Redick though,
sick.gif
smh.gif

I'm not saying that JJ is better than Ronnie Brewer, but he's definitely better than Korver.

I'm probably the biggest JJ supporter on NT, but damn that would have been nice to see him knocking down three's on the wing instead of being SVG's playtoy.

I'm not gonna copy and paste what I said in the knicks thread but I will say that the bulls losing noah may Hurt them if they trade for melo. I think as a team the bulls are fine the way they are. Unless they can get someone who can score off the dribble or another shooter without losing anyone I think it would be best for them to stick with their current roster

anyone know why Noah hasnt accepted the 5 year $60 mill extension that was offered to him 2 weeks ago?

JapanAir21 wrote:
FB, that avatar is sick.

7313523f4b837d3ce35b6e3990b01450497e68a_r.gif
Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

I'm not gonna copy and paste what I said in the knicks thread but I will say that the bulls losing noah may Hurt them if they trade for melo. I think as a team the bulls are fine the way they are. Unless they can get someone who can score off the dribble or another shooter without losing anyone I think it would be best for them to stick with their current roster
Spoken like a true Knicks fan
laugh.gif

[h3]Melo-Noah swap talk premature[/h3]
Four quickie reactions to all the Carmelo-to-Chicago chatter that generated so much curiosity Wednesday:

1. Before you expend too much brain power trying to figure out whether the Bulls would really part with Joakim Noah in a trade for Carmelo Anthony, be advised that the Bulls are actually working on something else Noah-related: Getting him locked in for the long term with a contract extension.

The sides have been negotiating quietly for weeks and sources close to the process say that sufficient progress has been made -- although no deal is imminent -- to all but guarantee that terms on a five-year extension will be reached before the Halloween deadline.

Noah is determined to stay in Chicago, one source assures, while the Bulls continue to send clear signals that they have no interest in parting with their center. Not even for someone of Anthony’s pedigree, as one source told ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell.

2. I did a spot check with a few of the sources used for last Thursday’s piece in this cyberspace about how the Nuggets are telling every team that calls about Melo’s availability that they’re not ready to discuss that subject yet.

One week later, Denver’s mindset hasn’t changed.

Sources tied to potential Anthony suitors are still telling ESPN.com that the Nuggets remain in the fact-finding phase and haven’t given a clear indication about how soon they’ll be willing to actually field offers.

No matter how much Melo might want out.

I certainly don’t doubt that Anthony’s desire to leave remains profound -- as ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher laid out Aug. 16 when he quoted a source saying that it was “a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't like the potential Boozer/Melo pairing.
I'd be much more satisfied with a trio of Noah/Melo/Rose, but the Bulls can't trade Boozer for Carmelo.

It's just not happening.

Noah is the only real shot the Bulls have at Carmelo unless the Knicks try and low-ball the Nuggets.

Why would they even try to attempt a trade? According to all of you people, they have absolutely nothing to offer. God forbid a Knick fan try and poke holes through the seemingly indestructable theory including Noah automatically gets them Melo it's just called a typical Knick fan response.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't like the potential Boozer/Melo pairing.
I'd be much more satisfied with a trio of Noah/Melo/Rose, but the Bulls can't trade Boozer for Carmelo.

It's just not happening.

Noah is the only real shot the Bulls have at Carmelo unless the Knicks try and low-ball the Nuggets.
that would be nice. still don't see them giving Noah up so quick

After a night to reflect on it......This Trade Wont go down.....I could see the Bulls trying to wait it out for a while and then try and low-ball Denver into a Luol, Taj, James Johnson + picks package if Denver hasn't already found a team to send him too.... Melo is one of the best scorers in the league and a top 5-6 player in the league, But i feel like for what this team needs....Noah fills that void in away *Kanye Shrug* (Ive been wanting Melo in a bulls uni since his syracuse days so im a little one sided on this)..But We have done a great job grabbing pieces in Free Agency and When i say free agency i mean the Jazz, to help compete this year....But an addition of Melo would catapult us in my eyes from A potential Eastern Conference Finals Appearance to A legit shot at an NBA Finals series taking place in Chicago again
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Brazil Hides Splitter Injury?
Written by Jason Rogers
Wednesday, 08 September 2010 18:33

After what seemed like two subpar performances in Splitter's last two games in the World Championships, Team Brazil made bombshell announcement today. According to team doctor Carlos Andreoli, Splitter suffered a leg injury that caused his minutes to be substantially cut down against Croatia, but that he was forced to play through in the team's biggest game yet against Argentina last night, a game in which Brazil suffered a close defeat in a game that lived up to every bit of its hype.

In his latest contest, Splitter managed ten points and five rebounds in 25 minutes of play versus Argentina.  A performance that had many Brazilian fans and Spurs fans alike scratching their heads can now be chalked up to an unknown injury to his right thigh, supposedly suffered during team workouts prior to the Croatia game.  According to team officials, he was cleared to play against Argentina, but still didn't see the kind of minutes that he saw earlier in the tournament.  The fact that he was forced to play through the injury is something sure to upset Spurs fans as they await his arrival in San Antonio, an arrival that fans would prefer him to make with two fully functioning legs.

It was supposed to be a showdown between the Spurs' biggest miss, Luis Scola, and the Spurs' highest expectations, Tiago Splitter.  Sadly, due to injury, fans missed out on a great matchup.

Splitter managed only five shots from the field against Argentina, but spent more time at the free throw line than he has in his previous contests at the World Championships and, in his best effort there yet, he went an impressive six for eight.  One thing we have learned in her performance in this tournament is that his free throw shooting is streaky at best however, much like Tim Duncan, he seems to be able to make them when it counts.

As the World Championships come to an end for Brazil, Splitter will have an opportunity to rest and recuperate before he reports to Spurs training camp.  Spurs fans, this was your first look at a big part of the Spurs' future.  What do you think?

http://projectspurs.com/2010-articles/september/brazil-hides-splitter-injury.html

Damn so thats why TIAGO was off.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom