OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Noticed something else on these bred's compared to the Cherry's.
The Jordan tab/flap lays directly on top of the first array of laces, while the cherry 13's have the first lace above the Jordan flap.
Worse thing is that, there seems to be glue used on the first l/f lace holders.
Please look at your pairs and confirm.

Per my last post, check out the glue on the first left lace holder (even the right has some)...this was initially white/yellowish prior to me painting the flaw. Is this present on your pairs?
IMG_5211.JPG

Fun isn't over. Take a look at the hologram on the left pair pictured below. Notice that it is deformed/oblong, compared the perfect one on the right?!?!? It's much worse in person, it's not even close to round! I was shocked to see this.
IMG_5209.JPG

IMG_5210.JPG

Most of the materials on the shoe are junk. Fake carbon fiber, fake suede (more like felt), fake nubuck, cheap leather (pleather?) on the toes. The only thing my Chicago 13 has going for it is the good leather on the sides, but that's it. I'm not putting the shoe down because it is what it is and it's good looking, but it's overpriced.

The recent Lebron 13 Elite, for example, was almost the same price but featured real carbon fiber and lamb skin.
Carbon fiber is real. Leather a different story lol. And I don't believe the OGs are even real suede.

My pair came in today and it's glue stain city. I'm gonna send these back and cop another pair on discount. These are sitting hard.

What are the manufactured date on your pairs and what have you noticed?

My first pair from Finish Line have a date of 11/16/17 while the two pairs from NDC have 2/1/17.

I noticed that the pair made in 2016 were laced more neatly and less glue marks, the two pairs made later look like it was rushed to include the sloppy lacing and more glue marks.

My NDC pair is from 2/17-5/17. Really not happy at all. Regardless of my complaints, the front should really not be that high off the ground. If anyone looks on FC and sees pics of '04-'05 XIIIs you'll see a huge difference between '04s and '17s with the '13s being a little bit lower. Those had no 3M so I was never copping those. I think the problem is even worse here than on other recent XIII releases. I'm going to have to go to Niketown to try to get a better pair or see what FNL and FTL's pairs look like. They should prioritize the quality on classics like these instead of all those variant style colorways they release.

I have the 2/17 production. Ordered off snkrs reserve. I've never had any qc issues or glue stains on any j's i've gotten directly from. Ike until now.
I think alo these reserves that went out for these was nike g'ing us to get rid of some of their trash pairs

I have the 2/17 production. Ordered off snkrs reserve. I've never had any qc issues or glue stains on any j's i've gotten directly from. Ike until now.
I think alo these reserves that went out for these was nike g'ing us to get rid of some of their trash pairs

My reservation pair is pretty flawless. Nike just hit or miss.

Per my last post, check out the glue on the first left lace holder (even the right has some)...this was initially white/yellowish prior to me painting the flaw. Is this present on your pairs?
IMG_5211.JPG

Fun isn't over. Take a look at the hologram on the left pair pictured below. Notice that it is deformed/oblong, compared the perfect one on the right?!?!? It's much worse in person, it's not even close to round! I was shocked to see this.
IMG_5209.JPG

IMG_5210.JPG
1404749188_pallass_cat_checks_out_camera.gif
internet-grandma-surprise.jpg

My under retail StockX pair comes in tomorrow. If all goes well and the price continues to drop, I'll grab another off StockX in the coming weeks. From all the photos I see, it came out beautifully.

This question probably has been answered a few times (not sure how to search on the new site) but how do they fit? True to size?

I'm currently wearing my 2005 grey toes and size 10 is perfect on me.

nike doesnt even care about spending time to legit QC nowadays, so trust me, theyre not going through a couple hundred thousand pairs and picking out and sending out jacked pairs to people with reserves. its all luck of the draw.

Yeah I'm returning my pairs...These are every bit as bad as the last retro...Even for the discounted price I paid they just aren't worth the cost for me...

Definitely not keeping them simply for the 3M...

Nike just can't get it right with certain shoes...Like I'm positive they pick out what they perceive to be the most popular original colorways, make a conscious decision to flood the market with said colorway, then sign off on inferior materials simply because they know they'll sell...For them to throw that whole "remaster program" BS out there to begin with was just a ridiculous attempt at a money grab, but the fact that they're still putting out 2013 quality retros is beyond believable...

This question probably has been answered a few times (not sure how to search on the new site) but how do they fit? True to size?

I'm currently wearing my 2005 grey toes and size 10 is perfect on me.

For me they fit a little bit snug. 0.5 up and its perfect fit for me.

Carbon fiber is real. Leather a different story lol. And I don't believe the OGs are even real suede.

I've got, right here, both the recent Jordan 13 Chicago and the Lebron 13 Elite Grey. Comparing, it seems the Elite is using the real things. But you're right: The 13 OGs used the same synthetic stuff, but it was thicker. The OGs were better in all areas; anyway.

NIKE + pair came in last night. One shoe has a black pen mark in the red area :smh:

Edit.
Said pen mark...

IMG_5555.JPG

Last edited:

Yeah, to the people calling the suede terrible or felt, look and feel the Pure 7s that just came out, that was terrible and fake and a huge difference then what is on these 13s. The leather on the toe box is leather, a low grade leather, but not plastic like the lows that have been coming out. The main issue that I see on these is that a lot were banana shaped and looked like JB rushed and massed produced them incorrectly.

Fam, you're on a shoe forum ,what do you expect goofy?

That's a given, but let's be real...is it really necessary to examine these things under a microscope? We like them, talk about them, and most of us know they won't be perfect when produced in the quantities they are. What is? There are far more important things in life than some of these nitpick details. It really isn't that serious once they hit your feet.

Man U guys are unhappy about the most unoticeable little details. I really can't believe people still complain about stuff like this :smh:
And it's every release. I mean the hologram on the bottom of the shoe your concerned about?! Wtf?!

I try and look past those posts.

Back
Top Bottom