OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

stevedensmore stevedensmore word bruh...imma probably have to deal with the crowds out there.....[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]9996[/emoji]

True. I hit the mall at 6am today, and the place was dead. Everyone must've went all in yesterday. It was tough walking out of Villa without copping when there were no lines, and size 11's readily available. I just couldn't bring myself to dropping $220+tax on these when I still have near-deadstock 2011's in rotation, and another pair untouched. Still crossing my fingers that these will see their way to NDC.

Last edited:
Y'all are about to be so disappointed, quality on these is hideous. The leather they tried to give us is paper. Returned them right at the counter lol. Last time buying Jordans.
You'll be back lol. 

Especially if you wear 1s. I thought the leather was pretty decent on the recent pairs.

You'll be back lol. 

Especially if you wear 1s. I thought the leather was pretty decent on the recent pairs.

Nah def won't be back, I've been off JB for a good while now since they started using plastic leather. That pair was for my brother who wanted them

Nah def won't be back, I've been off JB for a good while now since they started using plastic leather. That pair was for my brother who wanted them

All makers have been using synthetic for over 20 years with the occasional all leather limited releases. Even OG jordans used synthetic leather. Nothing new

When you guys say the quality on these, specifically the leather, what are you comparing them to?

The White Cement 88's?

Because to me they're on the same level, comparing the 3s to the 4s is a little extreme, don't you think?

When you guys say the quality on these, specifically the leather, what are you comparing them to?
The White Cement 88's?

Because to me they're on the same level, comparing the 3s to the 4s is a little extreme, don't you think?

I'm comparing them to my 2011's.

Shoes are aight, soso quality
2016 cement 4 better
220 & tax is still lot but oh well

Yeah, I didn't like the price tag on these, but missed that urban jungle sale last night. They were available easily at the Eblens by me. I love the Nike air so going to see my 2011 DS pair on eBay and keep these.

I just checked SNKRS and it shows basically a FSR with size 10 & 12 being the only ones sold out.

Do you honestly remember how the leather on those felt DS or this is after breaking them in?
I have both and they seem the same to me.

I have a two pairs, one near-deadstock, and the other still untouched. The pairs I handled in-store today didn't impress me. The Nike Air heel tab, and Nike on the sole were the only impressive features.

Last edited:
FWIW, Nikestore tweeted that they're an issue with a lot of orders still showing "pending" and they are working on pushing those orders through. That's probably why some people are seeing "sold out"? Trying to make sure they fulfill orders before putting what's left?

Glad to see others getting through, my SNKRS said there was an error and my transaction was cancelled but my PayPal still got charged so I dont know whats going on with mine 

The White Cement 88's?

Why would comparing them to the 4s be extreme? They're both white tumbled leather based retro Jordan's that released in the same year. Supposedly remastered. IMO, comparing them the 88s is extreme considering they released before the remastered program when we always got ****** materials in GR releases. But I do agree that the 88s are similar.

The fact is, this release as far as materials is disappointing.

Why would comparing them to the 4s be extreme? They're both white tumbled leather based retro Jordan's that released in the same year. Supposedly remastered. IMO, comparing them the 88s is extreme considering they released before the remastered program when we always got ****** materials in GR releases. But I do agree that the 88s are similar.

The fact is, this release as far as materials is disappointing.

Pretty subpar craftsmanship. As stated earlier, I had to go through four pairs to find one suitable one. I'm talking: glue stains, paint stains. Even saw a pair where the blue paint was bleeding onto the white portion of the shoe. Quality Control was an afterthought with this release. I saw pairs that should have been stamped B grade the minute they left the assembly line.

My Nike+ pair doesn't come until Monday but i just looked at a pair at Champs and they are almost identical to my 88s with the 2016s having a better overall shape. I have no idea what you guys are complaining about.

Couldn't agree more! The tumbled leather is more defined, the toe is more boxy and the shape is better overall.

Waiting to see a movie at the mall... wore my 88's today - so for comparison:
View media item 2240361View media item 2240365View media item 2240366

Back
Top Bottom