OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

People will always complain about quality. It happens every release. Just like 90's basketball was the greatest thing ever and tupac would end drakes career. People think older always equals better. These shoes are fine. People are just looking at them under a microscope because they want to fulfill their confirmation biases 

Pair on the way from Nike+ reservation, mine actually shipped a couple days ago. Grabbed em for a buddy, but since he didn't have an issue copping this morning, these will be heading back. '11 WC3's are enough for me.

Either Nike oversold, or that chat rep didn't know what they were talking about. Scooped up another pair for just over $100. Now I'll be able to mix and match to get the best pair possible. The other I'll either keep to put in rotation, return, or help someone out who might've missed out (not even sure that's possible given how many pairs of these must've been produced).

Just checked snkrs. Looks like size 9 is sold out. But could be fake sell out.

Not at all surprised these sat. Which is a good thing for all that want a pair.

When'd eastbay start chargimg sales tax? Shows how long it's been since I bought on there. Lol
Fellows i'm 45 and been doing this along time and have mellowed some. I''ll compare them to my 2001 pair and if they're close in quality and the paint doesn't chip away all's good.
Oh yeah wear your shoes! I'm going to post a pic one day of a pile of crumbled soled classics that I was saving. [emoji]128529[/emoji]

People will always complain about quality. It happens every release. Just like 90's basketball was the greatest thing ever and tupac would end drakes career. People think older always equals better. These shoes are fine. People are just looking at them under a microscope because they want to fulfill their confirmation biases 

I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. If brands like Aisics, New Balance, even Saucony can deliver actual premium materials with supers craftsmenship at a mostly $150 clip, so should JB at their ridiculous price points.

True Blues on Black Friday just sitting??? JB had a great run but it looks like it's over for now
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess you don't mind paying a premium for crap.  $220 is a lot of money for people with bills.  I've been mostly done with JB now because of the lack of improvement in quality and the price increase.  Other brands and nicer signature shoes I can spend my money on.  I agree complaining about brush strokes and glue is a little petty, but leather quality is really important to me (newsflash...the 2011's were crappy leather, too).

I was totally going to pass on these because I figured there'd be a hassle, surprised to find that Eastbay still has them. Still gonna pass based on the disappointment I'm seeing expressed here.  Congrats to all that ate!
You just proved my point, though.

2011s had the same leather, but people swear the 2011s are better than the 2016s.

Also, you PASSED because you didn't want to pay that amount for what you felt was bad quality.

That's my point, just don't buy them lol.

Buying them, complaing, but still rocking them is redundant.

I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. If brands like Aisics, New Balance, even Saucony can deliver actual premium materials with supers craftsmenship at a mostly $150 clip, so should JB at their ridiculous price points.
Ding, ding, ding! Someone gets it!
I'm not missing the point at all. I get it, for $220 you want a perfect shoe that was handcrafted. Also, none of those brands produce half the amount of shoes that Nike does. Yes, Nike HAS to cut costs at some levels because they have a bigger bottom line than those company. Those companies you named only cater to runners, Nike caters to every sport and every person to a bigger demand. 

Again, if you're unsatisfied with price and quality... SAVE YOUR MONEY!

I also haven't received my confirmation email from NDC for my pair, my order says preparing to ship though.

Nike finally realized black friday means make more pairs, which means more money. I think this is the plan for them from now on. Now whats comin next year black friday? Whatever it is, we are guaranteed to eat. Nice

This been the plan. Where were you last year?

Cooked Up Another Two 9.5's Today After Already Jumping On A Reserve Pair Last Week.

Having One Pair Delivered To My Little Bro Out In College For A Christmas Gift Since We're Together For The Holdiay.

Hope Everyone Was Able To Cook Today And Had A Good Thanksgiving With The Fams! :nthat:

Happy you cooked on these dude.

I was also able to get a pair.

Much needed W for us after it seemed like we were the only ones in the yeezy thread that didnt score a pair ha.

Picked up my pair earlier, and as stated, the leather definitely leaves something to be desired, especially the "tumbled" areas.

HOWEVER...

They have gone back to the old open-cell polyurethane midsole that is oh so comfortable, I just put them on when I got home, and IIIs haven't felt like this since the '03 cements, the last IIIs prior to these that used the old midsole. If you look at the area towards the back of the air unit, you might be able to see some of the pores in the midsole. This does have one drawback though, these midsoles will crumble in 7-10 years so wear your shoes gentlemen.

Trying to cop some for my new born daughter is so stressful, can't decide if I should get some for her to grow into or get them for her to fit now.

SMH.

Pears available just walked into my HOH 2 hours after they opened, doubled up minus the military discount for both pairs. Whatever pair of my 3 looks the worst is headed to the Nike outlet for someone to cop next week.

170+ for these is cool w me. My BC3 and fired reds have held up great.

You a can buy from HOH and return to Nike outlet?

Back
Top Bottom