OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I remember a time when NT'ers swore that Jordan Brand will never bring back the Nike Air.

Thank God that Gentry is gone and we are out of the dark, dark ages at JB (don't ever forget that JB Michael Jordan face hoodie).

A bit skeptical that we're getting these and with fake information at an all time high, who knows. However, I really, really hope this is true. I also hope that tongue lining is red.

Looks like the 3 is coming out of the vault sooner than I thought

Not necessarily a huge retro+ run like 2013-14, just an OG pair here and there. I think they're going to hold on to the BCs for a while. Those are guaranteed aces. I wonder if these will have NA treatment on the soles. If they do, then a proper WC release will be in the pipeline. If so then I don't regret selling my '88 pair anymore.

Damn, looks like I have the move the white cement 4 and space jam 11s for my top shoe cop of the year.

My 2011's still look super fresh, no cracking at all. But lord knows I'm gonna cop these anyway.

Kinda disappointed this is the Black Friday release though. I wanted Black Cements with NA.

Not necessarily a huge retro+ run like 2013-14, just an OG pair here and there. I think they're going to hold on to the BCs for a while. Those are guaranteed aces. I wonder if these will have NA treatment on the soles. If they do, then a proper WC release will be in the pipeline. If so then I don't regret selling my '88 pair anymore.
The recently released WC IVs did, so there's no (good) reason why these shouldn't.

I just hope this shoe is not an excuse for JB to increase the cost. They could charge $250 and it would still be an instant sell out.

But most likely would stay at $220 I would hope

Where dem BCs tho? 
nerd.gif

The recently released WC IVs did, so there's no (good) reason why these shouldn't.

I know but the IVs never received partial NA treatment like the WC 3 did. They will have to either re-release that shoe with NA everywhere or put Jordan on the rest of the NA 3s. I really hope it's the former.

I remember a time when NT'ers swore that Jordan Brand will never bring back the Nike Air.

That was stupid Gentry saying that. He is all things wrong with Retros when it comes to getting them correct.

Having said that, I also hope they give us the Red Tongue backing. That would be so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 2011's still look super fresh, no cracking at all. But lord knows I'm gonna cop these anyway.

Kinda disappointed this is the Black Friday release though. I wanted Black Cements with NA.
True, I would much rather have the Black Cements but these the True Blues definitely hold their ground. I see it as if someone offered to give me their Lamborghini or their Ferrari, i'd be grateful for either one of them.

Been looking for a pair to buy off the bay and this news just made my life easier, and with the NA. JB is really taking offense to Kanye Hahaha

Wasn't this rumored to come out last year BEFORE they announced a "Retro 3 retirement?"  Sudden change of heart huh, Jordan Brand

Please be GR this time, and not go through that limited chaos again like the Retro 88s

Last edited:
I just hope this shoe is not an excuse for JB to increase the cost. They could charge $250 and it would still be an instant sell out.
But most likely would stay at $220 I would hope

I really don't see them moving up from $220 this year except for the XVII releases which at $200 original msrp were almost double compared to the retail of retros at the time.

At least I can finally add that Nike Air Retro 3 next to my Cement 4s and Maroon 6s (and hopefully my Black Metallic Silver 5s this summer)

Back
Top Bottom