OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Found a pair at the Orange outlet today. 30% off hash so price was going to be good. This wasn't for me, but was going to be a surprise Christmas gift for my little brother. I set them down on a rack for a few seconds, turned around to finish a text and snap some photos of some runners, turn around and they were gone. I went from  
sick.gif
 to
frown.gif
 to
indifferent.gif

I know my fault for letting them out of my hands and then turning around and even taking a few steps away.

I saw someone sit down on the bench to try on a shoe, they take out the right side, and you know, someone casually just picks up the box that has the left side in it and just walks away. GG
laugh.gif

Are the majority of these pairs actually B grades?

Haven't heard of any nor doubt there would be official "B-Grades" per se for this (correct me if I'm wrong). Seems like JB lowered their standards for this release and went the quantity over quality approach.

(...Whether the claims are valid or not, not gonna get into that argument tho ala beating a dead horse lol)

Last edited:
Haven't heard of any nor doubt there would be official "B-Grades" per se for this (correct me if I'm wrong). Seems like JB lowered their standards for this release and went the quantity over quality approach.
Cautionary tale as well for all $220+ releases.
Take the Chinese Taxi 12s; that "jibberish" on the tongue with the brown accents justify the price-hike. ?!?

Cautionary tale as well for all $220+ releases.
Take the Chinese Taxi 12s; that "jibberish" on the tongue with the brown accents justify the price-hike. ?!?

You're preaching to the choir man. No, it does not justify the 220 price hike but because of that, I was able to eat for 176 at the outlets.

My comments were just directed to the user asking if there would be any b-grades when I was trying to say that JB was trying to pass B-grades as quality release grades, so I doubt JB would have any leftover flawed "OFFICIAL" b-grades for these. (But I could be wrong who knows?)

If JB is passing flawed versions as release grades, I'd hate to see what official b-grades would look like for these.

I pulled the trigger today...and no I don't mean I bought them, I returned them.

Overall, I had a good pair with no flaws. But compared to my '11 TB's, they were inferior in every way, except for the Nike Air. I paid $150 + tax for my '11 TB's and I paid almost $240 after taxes for the 16's, which was the same price I paid for the Space Jams. In the end, I couldn't swallow the price tag and ended up giving them back.

I also ended up returning a pair of french 7's I bought from Nike 2 years ago. Apparently they take back any unworn and unwashed merchandise with a receipt no matter how long ago. Another pair of J's that were inflated in price when they came out and now you can get a pair for less than retail 2 years later.

The '16 TB's are a decent pair of shoes. But they are not worth the MSRP, especially for the ones that's had 01 and 11 TB's before.
You found the ´11 leather better then the ´16s? I can´t say the same thing about my pairs.. I think the 16s will break in just fine.

Wouldn't call them B Grades, its only small flaws that I've seen on some pairs around me, adding onto the fact I haven't seen anybody wearing a pair of TB3s in my area
Bad paint jobs, soles with pours, and chipped soles are beyond B grade IMO. They shouldn't even be sold. And the majority TB3 that I seen have these issues. It seems the manufacturing process for this shoe was horrible. The funny thing is that other 3s released this year have pretty good quality. I don't understand how CM3 has softer leather than the TB3 lmao.

Mine says "confirmed". Lapstone/CB is a very small boutique so they might have 1-2 employees that are shipping and tending the store. Be patient.

Bad paint jobs, soles with pours, and chipped soles are beyond B grade IMO. They shouldn't even be sold. And the majority TB3 that I seen have these issues. It seems the manufacturing process for this shoe was horrible. The funny thing is that other 3s released this year have pretty good quality. I don't understand how CM3 has softer leather than the TB3 lmao.

Pores. Also, leather softness does not equal quality.

Pores. Also, leather softness does not equal quality.
What hell are you talking about. Pores is a defect!!! That's the start of sole deterioration. And leather quality IS quality. I don't what your angle is in this statement but it makes no sense. 

This guy beh sure is a long winded *no personal attacks allowed*

One of those talk way too much types. Please.. Continue explaining everything.. with disclaimers and footnotes.

On topic: These don't do it for me like they used to. Passed and picked up Space Jams x2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom