OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Got lucky and snagged a worn once (literally.. not 'worn once' with creasing and scuffs) pair for $100 yesterday. Feels good to have these back since I let my 2011 pair go a couple years back. Quality feels slightly up?

Quality was up, this was a very good retro. A lot will complain due to high production numbers and the ability to purchase an hour after release, I love my 2 pairs.

Surprised that these hit $80 to begin with. Don't think any other NA retro has gotten that low.

Forgot those went on sale for like $65 last year lol.

Still need to get a pair eventually, prices have been slowly going back up.

I bought 4 pairs of VI maroons for $70

Forgot those went on sale for like $65 last year lol.

Still need to get a pair eventually, prices have been slowly going back up.

Omfg where did you get maroons for &70-$80 a pair?

Just where?
I need that! Super bad because Maroon is my school color, and my fav comic character wears Jordan 6!

It was a flash outlet price I think. Like in October/November of last year. Was unable to get a pair in Houston, but seen a few VNDS pairs in that price range.

Reactions: PJS
I still can't believe I paid $240 w/tax for those maroons. I love the shoe but I f'd up. The resell game was already dead except for some limited stuff. Should've waited for price drops on the TB3s too. I really didn't think those would sit no matter if the quality was crap but WC3s sat for months at the height of the hype beast reseller craze. I'm glad Kanye took all these fools with him to Adidas. It was really pissing me off that GRs were becoming as hard to cop as limited releases and going for $300+ on the day of release. I don't think those days are coming back. JB oversaturated the market releasing almost every single color way of every shoe within 4-5 years and the new generation now has no connection to MJ. A lot of them weren't even born when he retired the 2nd time! Stupid move by Nike not giving Kanye what he wanted though. They really had no competition and basically helped put Adidas back on the map after they were just **** that football fans bought along with classics like Stan Smiths. They even took the Roshes, modified them and made them the most valuable shoe in the world. Unbelievable what marketing along with artificial scarcity can do.

Yeezys will be oversaturated at some point too. Last must own CW to me was the Zebras.

Over saturated = no need to buy resale. Keep it coming I'd rather buy on sale at a retailer than look to pay resale in the after market. :smokin I paid full price on the TB's :lol:

Resale will still be there, but you'll probably be able to get some of the less popular CWs for retail or slightly over. All Whites being one of them.

I still cannot find any Maroon 6s under $120.

The reason I don't go into Yeezy game is because Yeezy doesn't fly

Michael Jordan flies

Jordan brand got me on this release. I paid retail like a moron. Horrible quality with a cheesy Nike air tab.

People who said this was a solid release must have not been in this thread on release day and the 2 weeks following. I've never seen a JB shoe release with so much QC blunders. Thick/thin Elepehent prints, different color shades on the EP, deformed toe boxes, etc.

Took my crappy NDC pair back to the outlet as soon as UPS dropped it off. Dude that greeted me at the Nike store just shook his head cause he saw the box and told me they've had a dozen returns already. Thankfully my girl has a cousin who' works at a footlocker and he was able to ship me a good pair and he used his discount.

I love this shoe as the 3 is my favorite model. Nike just could of executed it better. I hope the BC3 is made with at LEAST Cyber Monday leather and the overall QC is much tighter. It's my grail so JB better come correct. But I'm still copping regardless lmao

People who said this was a solid release must have not been in this thread on release day and the 2 weeks following. I've never seen a JB shoe release with so much QC blunders. Thick/thin Elepehent prints, different color shades on the EP, deformed toe boxes, etc.

Took my crappy NDC pair back to the outlet as soon as UPS dropped it off. Dude that greeted me at the Nike store just shook his head cause he saw the box and told me they've had a dozen returns already. Thankfully my girl has a cousin who' works at a footlocker and he was able to ship me a good pair and he used his discount.

I love this shoe as the 3 is my favorite model. Nike just could of executed it better. I hope the BC3 is made with at LEAST Cyber Monday leather and the overall QC is much tighter. It's my grail so JB better come correct. But I'm still copping regardless lmao

The two pairs that I own and I'm sure pretty much all the True Blue 3's don't have a QC sticker tag inside the box. Nike didn't do a QC with these?

I had to go through like 5-6 pairs on release day to find the best pair possible. I was lucky to get my double up at the outlet and it looked as good as the pair I hand picked.

I haven't worn my pair in a while. Might break them out sooner than later.

The two pairs that I own and I'm sure pretty much all the True Blue 3's don't have a QC sticker tag inside the box. Nike didn't do a QC with these?

Doesn't every product have a QC stamp/sticker on the item? A $5 shirt from H&M will have QC sticker on the tag inside the seam

i dont know what you guys are crying about if you think you was going to get a top quality shoe in 2016 going into 2017
why are you still buying sneakers its the same crying and moaning

if you ask me this and the 4's and 5's "nike air" shoes where some solid releases from last year

Maroons for $100 or under is the next move.
i dont know what you guys are crying about if you think you was going to get a top quality shoe in 2016 going into 2017
why are you still buying sneakers its the same crying and moaning

if you ask me this and the 4's and 5's "nike air" shoes where some solid releases from last year

100% agreed. People will always find something to complain about. Personally I'm pretty stoked that Nike Air OG CW retros are easy cops and available well below retail. Mine are on vacation with me rn, been wearing em a lot. Holding up very well.

944BB7EA-35BB-4E42-BCBB-1F97D682095B.jpeg

93B2FD14-7839-40A2-A9F7-E0554C259DBD.jpeg

Do we have an aj3 vapor thread?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom