Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So I just caught Taken 2 for ****'s sake and :wow: :rofl: :smokin Put aside girl-who-can't-run running on roof tops throwing grenades and what not I specifically enjoyed Liam doing his thing. To the point I'd like to see him be an old Wolverine in an Old Man Logan movie :lol: **** just made me laugh. The car chase, Liam being like the Rain Man of tracking, and the fight scene with the pudgy looking but surprisingly strong guy.

See what you mean about Famke though CP :smh: but Imma chalk that up to bad make-up or them doing that on purpose.

All in all I can take this movie for what it is and thoroughly enjoy it.

There might be a Magic Mike 2 and Tatum is trying to get Jaime Foxx in it :lol:

After Kevin Nash he might as well try to get Mickey Rourke in it too.

So I decided to check out PTA's last two films on my list, Punch-Drunk Love and Magnolia.

Magnolia was good, although, I do think it could have been written better. Wasn't a big fan of

the supernatural twist at the end.

Oh and I WANTED AT LEAST ONE GOOD SEX SCENE !!! :lol:

Overall, I give the movie a 7.5/10.

Now Punch-Drunk Love.....
I actually thought this movie was great. When I saw that it was only 90 minutes I was kind of >D but after watching it I found it to be perfectly timed.
I felt like Barry Egan epitomized Adam Sandler's social awkwardness and slight anxiety.
I also forgot to mention this movie was hilarious. Funnier than Boogie Nights imo

"Barry, I'm a dentist" had me :rofl:

:lol: :lol:

8.4/10 for me.

Last edited:
She's literally just lobbin grenades around town!!! :lol: :lol:

And she's 30 something playing an 18 year old. Andrea Zuckerman scoffs at the audacity.

I'd still take Famke down, make no mistake, but now there would at least be a moment's pause. That saddens me.

Last edited:
Watching Pain & Gain.

Bar Paly, my gawd. :pimp: :pimp:

Peeped Erased last night. It was a solid movie. If you didn't like Taken 2 you would probably like to watch this instead lol. Liana Liberato is a solid young actress and she worked really well with Aaron Eckhart in this movie. She was in Trust and Trespass too, which were both decent.

caught drinking buddies last night...

...really good but a little slow at some parts...

...even more props to Nick from New Girl for rocking the Old Style hat throughout the movie 
glasses.gif

I used to have this thing where I thought chicks from the 60s and 70s weren't as hot as today' s girls. Watching these old Bond movies has me changing my mind. All the old Bond girls were bad.

I'm looking at your avy JRS.... I have no idea how he saw that punch coming. :lol:

Interesting... R2-D2 Easter eggs in movies over the years starting with the most recent.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen

Indiana Jones The Raiders Of The Lost Ark (as hieroglyphs)

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

^^^ Cool. I think I knew about the R2 hieroglyphs in Raiders, but wasn't aware of the others. It's cool that a couple movies outside of the Speilberg/Lucas universe paid tribute that way.

Geena Davis was oddly attractive in her prime. Like a goofy looking Saffron Borrows.

I caught the Long Kiss Goodnight the other day :smokin

just watched moneyball on tv, one of my favorite movies ever... dem feels 
embarassed.gif

"i hate losing more than i like winning"

"if you dont win the last game of the season no one cares"

and still saying "no NO NO" to the screen when he drives back to the game when they were up 11

pretty much everything i go through as a lakers fan 
laugh.gif

JJ will probably produce, similar to Nolan in MOS. But with him being in Star Wars full bore, he won't be able to direct any more Trek's.

Pirates 5 bumped to 2016. Because every single weekend in 2015 will be taking all our money already. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom